What's new

America Offered F-16 and F-18 to India

melb4aust

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
http://www.f-16.net/news_article1687.html

It seems like actually selling CAT with a CAMEL or putting a bait in the form of nuclear technology.

Once again India had been offered F-16 and F-18 jet fighters. The announcement by the Pentagon came during a visit to the south Asia nation by President George W. Bush, who cemented a new strategic partnership with India earlier Thursday with a landmark agreement on civilian nuclear technology

Well what i think is. If India choose F-16 or even F-18. Pakistan should only get F-16s if they come with full transfer of technology, which i believe PAC can achive, just like it can handle J-10s transfer of technology.

If they dont do that, there is no need for going with F-16, just simply go with J-10. The time has changed.

Nothing new here. They have already offered these planes with ToT. This ime they know that competition is tough to they are trying to tie this with the nuclear deal.

Any way this is not good news for us.

I belive that india will go for "mixed" fighters for it's 126 MRCA. A few rafales, euros, ruissian fighters and lastley, about 20-30 USA fighters. ( F-16 block 70 or F-18 E/F with TOT). This way india will keep all these countries checked and reach. While at the same time depending on the other country. In any way this is'nt good for PAF. Unless of course we come up with our "desi" F-22, which won't be happening for some time.

So we can probabley see pakistan depending of it's missiles to destory indian air feilds, so they have the least air superiourty as possibile. After all, thsoe MKI's will have to land sometime.

As for the nuke deal, well iam not worried. China has offered us to help us with our nuke deal, so i don't really care if the indians get the deal or not

This way india will keep all these countries checked and reach. While at the same time depending on the other country

I guess you dont have any idea on how big the logistical nightmare would be if india goes for that option. India is already facing this problem and buying sets of different aircraft would just add to their problems.
This would be the best thing for pakistan.

i think India is more intrested in F-18s although she is concerned about expenses but she is more thinking about F-18 cuz these can be used by Indian Navey and they are in dire need of these as it has almost establish the bigest Naval base in Goa and it will need the F-18s. so for us itssssss aaaaaaaa bad news
i will post my artilce 2mrw if anyone intrested regaring implication of Bush visit and all the stuff:)

Originally posted by Khan@Mar 5 2006, 10:11 AM
I guess you dont have any idea on how big the logistical nightmare would be if india goes for that option. India is already facing this problem and buying sets of different aircraft would just add to their problems.
This would be the best thing for pakistan.
[post=6661]Quoted post[/post]​

Nothing is perfect. Either india goes for one type of aircrat and losses others, or buys different types od air craft and make a night mare for it self. Any ways if they want to create a nightmare for them selfs then do it, it's good for us.

Actually the indians played the game really well...
India signs a 10 year strategic pact with the US.

Tells them it wants to buy the PAC3,Aegis,F-18E/F,Apache attack helicopters, Nuclear Reactors and space technology.

The US smells HUGE profits and Big Business!!

India tells them everything depends on the Nuclear Deal, otherwise it cant trust the US...and once the nuclear deal goes through on indias terms...then only will they buy $10- 20 billion worth of American weaponry.

So it all worked out perfectly...india gets the nuke deal, it gets to keep its fast breeder program hidden and now is being offered the latest weapons on a platter. Shrewd diplomacy indeed!!

More conclusively, what is being thought is India will eventually end up choosing the Mig-29s being offered by Russia for its MRCA bid and then order up to 70-80 naval aircraft from the US (the F-18 E/F) to make the US happy as a sort of payback in kind for the nuclear deal issue.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 19 2006, 08:11 AM
More conclusively, what is being thought is India will eventually end up choosing the Mig-29s being offered by Russia for its MRCA bid and then order up to 70-80 naval aircraft from the US (the F-18 E/F) to make the US happy as a sort of payback in kind for the nuclear deal issue.
[post=7291]Quoted post[/post]​

True,

India is in command and probably go for the MIG-29OVT and the Super Hornet to keep both Moskou and Washington happy.

India cannot ignore the Russians in the MRCA deal coz if the full order goes to the Americans it would possibally open Russian doors for Pakistan.
Thats one thing India wouldn't want to happen yet.

Actually the indians played the game really well...
India signs a 10 year strategic pact with the US.

Satan,

The origins of this civillian nuclear co-operation deal go back to the days of Jaswant Singh-Strobe Talbott talks after OP.Shakti'98.

True, the deal is in one part a huge CBM but to say that the deal is purely a litmus test for weapons supply is rather far fetched.We have enough people to supply weapons for money.

There are other on-military aspects to this deal.Ramifications of this deal will be felt decades from now.These weapons supplies you talk about are a drop in the ocean.

In the good old days India contributed ~30% of the worlds GDP.We are anxious to take our economy to those levels.

To be able to do that we need a hell lot of energy.

I still dont understand why would india go for hornets, why not JSF-35, if they are looking for a navy version, they are already operating harriers.

Back
Top Bottom