What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Bl[i]tZ;2329139 said:
Care to explain, how did you arrive at this conclusion?

50% of the supplies Afghanistan get from Pakistan (out of 50% + x%) will be replaced, meaning Pakistan's supply route will be used for x% supplies by NATO.

Zardari to Pak Army : that's your punishment to remove ambassador Haqqani a faithful US agent, who was running our operations in Pakistan.
Wasn't that in the memo to punish Army for attempting to remove them

In media Zardari is still quiet about the incident

It's funny that Indians are not commenting on Long War Journal stating 70% of NATO's supplies in Afghanistan go through Pakistan, because they are quick to quote it as indisputable proof when they accuse Pakistan of being complicit with the Haqqanis/Taliban.

What ever it is those son of soil gave there lives just that we are safe in our home.I am very sad today at the death of our soldier for no reason.May there souls rest in Peace and May the Mothers keep giving birth to the lions who can protect their mother land with their life.

We should if we somehow grew balls to take a stand in such a way that get out of lap of uncle Sam.

50% of the supplies Afghanistan get from Pakistan (out of 50% + x%) will be replaced, meaning Pakistan's supply route will be used for x% supplies by NATO.

Here you go -

“We’re going to probably replace 50 percent of (x/2) what we ship into Afghanistan from Pakistan (x), will go through the northern route, Uzbekistan,” Graham, a member of the appropriations committee, said.

The implicit assumption that 50% goes through Pak is wrong.

I post my source again

In n July, John McCain asked the incoming Commander of US Transportation Command, at the latter's Senate confirmation hearing

Senator MCCAIN. Thank you, Mr. Chairman. General Fraser, to follow up on Chairman Levin’s question about what would happen if Pakistan cut off its supply routes, what percent of our logistics now goes through Pakistan?

General FRASER. Sir, it is my understanding that approximately 35 percent moves through the ground, and the other is moving through the Northern Distribution Network, coupled with also the lift as we bring in supplies by air.

Source hearing at Senate Armed Services Committee http://armed-services.senate.gov/Tra... 7-21-11.pdf

Lets not derail this thread into a Reading Comprehension forum.

Bl[i]tZ;2329186 said:
Here you go -

“We’re going to probably replace 50 percent of (x/2) what we ship into Afghanistan from Pakistan (x), will go through the northern route, Uzbekistan,” Graham, a member of the appropriations committee, said.

I post my source again

In n July, John McCain asked the incoming Commander of US Transportation Command, at the latter's Senate confirmation hearing

Senator MCCAIN. Thank you, Mr. Chairman. General Fraser, to follow up on Chairman Levin’s question about what would happen if Pakistan cut off its supply routes, what percent of our logistics now goes through Pakistan?

General FRASER. Sir, it is my understanding that approximately 35 percent moves through the ground, and the other is moving through the Northern Distribution Network, coupled with also the lift as we bring in supplies by air.

Source hearing at Senate Armed Services Committee http://armed-services.senate.gov/Tra... 7-21-11.pdf

Even if we go by your logic, & looking at Long War Journal, 70% of Afghanistan's current supply goes through Pakistan; & if they plan on changing 50% of those supplies to go through Central Asia, that means 35% of the supplies will still go through Pakistan in the future. But as of now, 70% of Afghanistan's supplies go through Pakistan.

Bl[i]tZ;2329186 said:
Here you go -

I post my source again

So US needs to spend three times more on the war cost.

whatever be the percentage US will not be impacted. Keep feeling good about petty achievement, if you feel it as one.

Yeah whatever no one asked u abt what US will feel or not .We have to take a stand ,and inshaallah we are going to take a stand.
even if doesnt matter , it matters to us coz they are using our land to get those bullet with which they kill our soldier.
So let them see another route we have no issue with that.

Bl[i]tZ;2329186 said:
Here you go -

I post my source again

This testimony is about ground supplies only, not about the aerial supplies.

Speaking to The Express Tribune, Caitlin Hayden, a spokesperson for the White House said, “Senior US civilian and military officials have been in touch with their Pakistani counterparts from Islamabad, Kabul and Washington to express our condolences.”
She stressed that both countries remained committed to fighting terrorism, “our desire to work together to determine what took place, and our commitment to the US-Pakistan partnership which advances our shared interests, including fighting terrorism in the region.”
------------------------------------------------------------
looks like us strategy is going to play down the incident and blame it on some kind of miss communication.....and by the way what kind of statement is this to be given at this time"She stressed that both countries remained committed to fighting terrorism".....its like adding insult to the injury.

It's very simple. It is made abundantly clear by the Long War Journal that 70% of Afghanistan's supplies currently go through Pakistan, & the NATO wants to reduce that to half, meaning that their aim is to have 35% of Afghanistan's supplies to flow through Pakistan in the future. But as of now, 70% of NATO's supplies in Afghanistan flow through Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom