What's new

Americans Give Record-High Ratings to Several U.S. Allies: Gallop

but on a serious note, my ''outburst'' took place because of the irresponsible, insensitive, horribly timed and purely ignorant actions of some numb-nuts in DC who want to divide and conquer Pakistan and the region......if Boris Ivanov over there in Moscow made noises about liberating Texas, wouldnt you react angrily? Even if it isnt Russian policy, it would still anger you that there are people in government/civil servant positions opening their beaks about meddling in others' internal affairs

I wouldn't then make a post declaring Russians to be vodka drinking sloppy drunkards who are all corrupt and stupid. I'd claim Boris Ivanov is stupid.

CERN invented the world wide web/internet idiot

TCP/IP was a DARPA product. It began in the USA, then spread outward. Sorry.

In 1982 the Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) was standardized and the concept of a world-wide network of fully interconnected TCP/IP networks called the Internet was introduced. Access to the ARPANET was expanded in 1981 when the National Science Foundation (NSF) developed the Computer Science Network (CSNET) and again in 1986 when NSFNET provided access to supercomputer sites in the United States from research and education organizations. Commercial internet service providers (ISPs) began to emerge in the late 1980s and 1990s. The ARPANET was decommissioned in 1990. The Internet was commercialized in 1995 when NSFNET was decommissioned, removing the last restrictions on the use of the Internet to carry commercial traffic.

American people seem to view us positively , i hope in this quest of maintaining our indipendence from American govt . we dont dissapoint and let down the American people .

At the end of the day, (the poll &) the opinions of the American people are meaningless as they have little effect & bearing on US foreign policy. Just look at the stats: Americans have highly negative views on Afghanistan, & want the troops to be pulled out from there, & also many other countries in the world the US is currently engaged in. It doesn't make a difference to US foreign policy.

At the end of the day, (the poll &) the opinions of the American people are meaningless as they have little effect & bearing on US foreign policy. Just look at the stats: Americans have highly negative views on Afghanistan, & want the troops to be pulled out from there, & also many other countries in the world the US is currently engaged in. It doesn't make a difference to US foreign policy.

It does make a difference . It has made the Americans hasten the process of pulling out of Afghanistan . Their foreign policy towards India and Pakistan also tends to reflect these opinions by the American people . Same with Israel and Iran .

Americans don't favor China because they think China is taking all their jobs.

Americans were all happy with cheap goods in the 1990s. Then the media became so mainstream that every American news house is posting garbage. People are being brainwashed into believing China is taking their jobs.

You want to keep you jobs at home? Stop being demanding and cut out your own consumption.

Americans don't favor China because they think China is taking all their jobs.

Americans were all happy with cheap goods in the 1990s. Then the media became so mainstream that every American news house is posting garbage. People are being brainwashed into believing China is taking their jobs.

You want to keep you jobs at home? Stop being demanding and cut out your own consumption.

Without the Chinese, American people would pay $100 for a pair of regular dungaree instead of $18.

Without the Mexicans, the cost of living would be twice as high in America.

American people seem to view us positively , i hope in this quest of maintaining our indipendence from American govt . we dont dissapoint and let down the American people .

Here in NYC, they hate you guys when they speak to you from your call centers. True story.

Here in NYC, they hate you guys when they speak to you from your call centers. True story.

Yes they find the call center operators from all foreign countries irritating i know about that . That is true for all countries . But that doesn't mean they hate the country or its people in general .There are all kinds of people everywhere .

I have relatives in the US and have had family members travel there so i know what it is like .

Plus I am willing to believe the Gallup poll .It is a reasonably well known source and it has no reason to fudge the data .

To be fair, I believe the attitude has changed somewhat when Bangalore set up many schools that speak American English only for their trainees. Now it's very rare to hear a strange accent.

To be fair, I believe the attitude has changed somewhat when Bangalore set up many schools that speak American English only for their trainees. Now it's very rare to hear a strange accent.

But still. It's funny when you can tell by their slip ups that their name is not John or Linda.

But still. It's funny when you can tell by their slip ups that their name is not John or Linda.

Try to look from their perspective (I mean the employees of the call centers), who are trying to make a living. I am sure each one is trying their best to help the average american trying to speak in an accent which is alien to most. Can you atleast give them some credit for the job they are doing? Everyone deserves their right to earn their living and we should respect the dignity of labor.

This is one of the greatest things I learnt from my stay in the US and I am sure most others who have stayed long enough in the US would agree.

Try to look from their perspective (I mean the employees of the call centers), who are trying to make a living. I am sure each one is trying their best to help the average american trying to speak in an accent which is alien to most. Can you atleast give them some credit for the job they are doing? Everyone deserves their right to earn their living and we should respect the dignity of labor.

This is one of the greatest things I learnt from my stay in the US and I am sure most others who have stayed long enough in the US would agree.

I personally don't mind and if I catch their accent I just start conversing with them in Urdu which makes things easier on both of us. However they are reluctant to blow their cover at first. :lol:

Most of those guys are just high school graduates with not many job opportunities so you gotta respect what they do . Listen to rude customers all day just to make a living .Though i am sure they get used to it after a while and then just start having a good time listening to the customers rant

I personally don't mind and if I catch their accent I just start conversing with them in Urdu which makes things easier on both of us. However they are reluctant to blow their cover at first. :lol:

It is not the cover, rather professionalism which prevents them from conversing in any language other than English. Its a part of the job. It is the same way I wouldn't converse with a fellow Indian or Pakistani in the board room or at a business meeting using hindi or urdu.
If you would have had language options which allow you to select urdu, then it makes sense, but otherwise you are just being a difficult customer to deal with.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom