Analyzing Indian Air Force Capability

Mig 29
Range:1500- 2500 km
Missiles: R-60MK, R-73RDM2R-27RE1/TE1, R-77RVV-AE, Super 530D,Magic-II c
Radar:N-109 radar
Number:54
ECM:Sirena-3 Radar Warning Receivers?
Future Upgrades:N-109 radar is to be replaced by a Phazatron Zhuk-M radar

Hi, to every one in this forum talking about IAF inventory n capability it is as follows:

Mirage-2000: IAF have 40+ of Mirage 2000s form two operational squadrons, No.1
Tigers and No.7 Battle Axes. IAF also purchased the 10 fighters from france reached the nos upto 52+.and is also to purchase the 12 fighters of Qatar. The 10 extra Mirage 2000s have been bought by the Indians from France and be used as attrition reserves. The 10 extra mirages where not bought from Qatar. The extra 10 mirage 2000s are 4 2000H single seat and 6 mirage 2000TH twin seat. deliveries of the 10 aircraft would begin in mid 2003 and end the following year. Just read this link below.
http://www.india-facts.com/IAF/Aircraft/Specs/Mirage-2000.html

In a related development, the IAF last week opened negotiations here with a delegation from Dassault to upgrade its 48 Mirage 2000's to Mirage 2000-9 standards.
The IAF had recently alerted the government to its need for an "immediate stopgap acquisition" of fighters in order to maintain operational preparedness.
India looking again at Qatari Mirage fighters | Canada Updates

* Indian Airforce has recently decided to purchase 40 Mirage 2000-5s including 10 Qatar Mirage 2000-5s.
MILAVIA - Dassault-Brequet Mirage 2000 - Video Gallery
So you can consider that 42+ Mirage-2000s H/TH of IAF plus 10 of EX-French air force plus 12 QATARI Mirage-2000 also another 40+ Mirage -2000-5 and they are also looking to upgrade it all 2 M2K-9 (2000-9) standards. Now the Delta force of IAF ll reach upto 102+ Mirage-2000-9 in more than 5 + sqadr which is vv credible and deadly especially 2 PAF .

here is some pics of IAF mirage-200H/TH:

Hi, to every one in this forum talking about IAF inventory n capability it is as follows:

Mirage-2000: IAF have 40+ of Mirage 2000s form two operational squadrons, No.1
Tigers and No.7 Battle Axes. IAF also purchased the 10 fighters from france reached the nos upto 52+.and is also to purchase the 12 fighters of Qatar. The 10 extra Mirage 2000s have been bought by the Indians from France and be used as attrition reserves. The 10 extra mirages where not bought from Qatar. The extra 10 mirage 2000s are 4 2000H single seat and 6 mirage 2000TH twin seat. deliveries of the 10 aircraft would begin in mid 2003 and end the following year. Just read this link below.
http://www.india-facts.com/IAF/Aircraft/Specs/Mirage-2000.html

In a related development, the IAF last week opened negotiations here with a delegation from Dassault to upgrade its 48 Mirage 2000's to Mirage 2000-9 standards.
The IAF had recently alerted the government to its need for an "immediate stopgap acquisition" of fighters in order to maintain operational preparedness.
India looking again at Qatari Mirage fighters | Canada Updates

* Indian Airforce has recently decided to purchase 40 Mirage 2000-5s including 10 Qatar Mirage 2000-5s.
MILAVIA - Dassault-Brequet Mirage 2000 - Video Gallery
So you can consider that 42+ Mirage-2000s H/TH of IAF plus 10 of EX-French air force plus 12 QATARI Mirage-2000 also another 40+ Mirage -2000-5 and they are also looking to upgrade it all 2 M2K-9 (2000-9) standards. Now the Delta force of IAF ll reach upto 102+ Mirage-2000-9 in more than 5 + sqadr which is vv credible and deadly especially 2 PAF .

here is some pics of IAF mirage-200H/TH:

I think your numbers are somewhat off in regards to the mirage 2000's The 10 that were ordered from France i believe were attrition replacements.

And additional 40+ is news to me ....I believe that there were going to be 40 or so planes delivered as the first part of the potential MRCA deal but that deal has since moved on to the current status of the MRCA

so you can analyze from these pics that when IAF will upgrade its mirages to 2000-9 standards so what they would look like , here are some of pics of Mirage 2000-5 M2K-5 and if you will look at the last pic you will findout that on the tail there is a flag of pakistan sticking to it as we have disscused in PDF about that PAF was thinking of acquring Mirage - 2000-5 from Qatar do look at it :

if you will look at the last pic you will findout that on the tail there is a flag of pakistan sticking to it as we have disscused in PDF about that PAF was thinking of acquring Mirage - 2000-5 from Qatar do look at it :

So is PAF getting them? Never heard of it Please provide link

Qatar is asking US$ 750m for 12 used a/c. a bit too much.

i think india got them for less than that.

btw, why not ask france.they r looking to retire their mirage 2000s, so they might offer at cheaper rate

i think india got them for less than that.

btw, why not ask france.they r looking to retire their mirage 2000s, so they might offer at cheaper rate

France are not going to be retiring them for a while yet.(with the various issues with the Rafale) And the Mirage 2000 production line is shut down so it will not be likely.

the Armee del Air (FAF) has excess qtys of mirage-2000s which they are offering to prospective countries. Brazil has picked up 12 a/c for US$ 12m each plus the upgrades (total cost US$ 200m) and i believe some s/american countries operating mirages like peru, colombia etc are also interested to replace their ageing mirages with the mirage 2000.

the Armee del Air (FAF) has excess qtys of mirage-2000s which they are offering to prospective countries. Brazil has picked up 12 a/c for US$ 12m each plus the upgrades (total cost US$ 200m) and i believe some s/american countries operating mirages like peru, colombia etc are also interested to replace their ageing mirages with the mirage 2000.

Yeah but the Brazilian mirages have airframes that are approximately 20 years old. They are only being used as a interim (for the mirage 3's that were phased out) until the Brazilian next gen project is resolved

Guys lets not bring PAF in this discussion like i said. You can only analyze IAF capablity, and perhaps discussions related to how you can make it better. Mirage 2000 will not be purchased by PAF, end of the discussion.

Slightly more boring than fighters and combat aircraft but what goes on with support Aircraft and helicopters with IAF.

I know of IL76 Gajraj and that IAF controls more transport helicopters than the Indian Army. I have seen a picture of an An 32 with a large radar for AEW as a project.

Also what about future prospects

Jaguars IS/IM/IB:

Jaguar IS : IAF has 3 squadron of it no.27 , no. 5 & no.14
the first is jaguar IS :

Back
Top Bottom