What's new

Anime Thread

Pyongyang

New Recruit

Reaction score
On the old foum we had this going for like 9 pages, hopefully it will be successful here, since this is a small froum right now! Did anyone catch Evangelion on Adult Swim on Saturday, b/c I missed it!

The subtitled translation for the opening song was different then it is on the DVD's and the subtitles for signs and such throughout the episode were redone as were the episode titles. The text on the picture Misato sent Shinji changed a bit as well with them trying to make it read more like a letter than notes on a picture. They changed the translation of the text with the arrow pointing to her breasts from "Attention here please !!" to "PS: Look at this!"

Near the end of the opening song three's a brief shot of some Japanese characters on a black background. In the version Adult Swim showed this section was strangely replaced by static black screen.

Opening Lyrics from DVD:

Just like the cruel angel
Young boy, become a legend
Even though the untested breeze taps at the door to your heart
You just look solely at me and smile
So intent on seeking out that gentle touch
Such innocent eyes, still ignorant of their destiny
But someday, you are sure to realize that upon your back
You have the wings with which to fly towards the distant future
The cruel angel's thesis
Soon, you will take flight from the windowsill
With your torrent of ardent pathos
If you are to betray our memories
You, who embrace these heavens and shine
Young boy, become a legend

Opening Lyrics from Adult Swim:

Like an angel without a sense of mercy
Rise young boy to the heavens as a legend
Cold winds, as blue as the sea
Tear open the door to your heart
But unknowing you seem, just staring at me
Standing three smiling serenely
Desperate for something to touch
A moment of kindness like that in a dream
Your innocent eyes as yet have no idea
Of the path your destiny will follow
But someday you'll become aware of
Everything that you've got behind you
Your wings are for seeking out
A new future that only you can search for
The cruel angel's thesis bleeds
Through a portal like your pulsing blood
If you should betray the chapel of your memories
The cruel angel will enter the window of your soul
So, boy, stand tall and embrace the fire of legend
Embrace the universe like a blazing star!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2..._view=&start=75

I dont know much about anime stuff, but i have a friend who has a pretty good website on anime.

On what channel does anime come on? Shade some light please lol.

Originally posted by Ahsan Farooqui@Oct 25 2005, 07:41 PM
I dont know much about anime stuff, but i have a friend who has a pretty good website on anime.

On what channel does anime come on? Shade some light please lol.
[post=1317]Quoted post[/post]​

If you live in the US, it's basically Carroon Network, but watch anime on Adult Swim where there is little editing and better dubbing, G4 has anime late at night, Fox has horrible anime on Saturday mornings, and WB11 shows kiddie anime, so just wait until 11pm on Saturdays and 1pm on weekdays and turn on Cartoon Network to watch some nice anime.

Dont forget about the new ASIAN CHANNEl they show uncensored anime everynight and im talking really UNCENSORED

Originally posted by Kaiser@Oct 26 2005, 07:09 PM
Dont forget about the new ASIAN CHANNEl they show uncensored anime everynight and im talking really UNCENSORED
[post=1384]Quoted post[/post]​

In New York they have AZN Television, they show Record of Lodoss War and Patlabor and every Tuesday they show an Anime movie! But I missed "Grave of the Fireflies"! :Ledsen_Gubbe:

?

i really donot know exactly much abt it but my younger bro use to watch pokemon and x blade on cartoon network i guess thats what anime is right? :harhar:

its kids stuff common all of :bunny: u r grown ups

Originally posted by Sidra@Oct 28 2005, 12:21 PM
?

i really donot know exactly much abt it but my younger bro use to watch pokemon and x blade on cartoon network i guess thats what anime is right? :harhar:

its kids stuff common all of :bunny: u r grown ups
[post=1603]Quoted post[/post]​

Not true, have you ever seen Ghost in the Shell, or Akira, or Cowboy Bebop? Those are all Adult shows, they're TV-14, but they're edited so it should really be TV-MA.

I'm getting the Paranoia Agent DVD Boxset! Only $23! This place was having a sale, so I bought it.

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Nov 18 2005, 04:39 PM
I'm getting the Paranoia Agent DVD Boxset! Only $23! This place was having a sale, so I bought it.
[post=3118]Quoted post[/post]​

lol what is Paranoia Agent about? :glare:

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 18 2005, 05:00 PM
lol what is Paranoia Agent about? :glare:
[post=3125]Quoted post[/post]​

Well there's this kid who goes around on roller skates whacking people with his messed up golden baseball bat. He's nicknamed, "Lil Slugger". It get into the people who have been effected in some way by Lil Slugger, it's mad freaky.

Its a danm shame they stopped showing the Dragonball saga :cry: .....used to be one of my favorite shows.But know im over that and I like Cowby Bebop :clapping:

Originally posted by Kaiser@Nov 18 2005, 09:17 PM
Its a danm shame they stopped showing the Dragonball saga :cry: .....used to be one of my favorite shows.But know im over that and I like Cowby Bebop :clapping:
[post=3142]Quoted post[/post]​

Cowboy Bebop was one of the greatest animes ever created. But it was short. Only 26 episodes. I mean it was really popular in Japan yet it was really short! Did it originate from the manga?

Originally posted by Kim Jong-il Hater@Nov 20 2005, 12:36 AM
Cowboy Bebop was one of the greatest animes ever created. But it was short. Only 26 episodes. I mean it was really popular in Japan yet it was really short! Did it originate from the manga?
[post=3231]Quoted post[/post]​

No I dont think they had a magna for it.Wasnt the Dragonball series one of the best anime in the world. :clapping:

Originally posted by Kaiser@Nov 19 2005, 07:44 PM
No I dont think they had a magna for it.Wasnt the Dragonball series one of the best anime in the world. :clapping:
[post=3235]Quoted post[/post]​

Well if they didn't make a manga then how come I have the manga boxset!? But Dragonball was the bomb. Z and GT sucked.

Back
Top Bottom