What's new

Anti-Koondakulum stir 'sponsored' from outside, alleges Russia

@zaxcollix , I will reply you later.. bbye for now..

Last edited by a moderator:
or Christianity and blinding of Galilio ? ..

Err...what about it? What is the connection between Christianity & cataract and glaucoma? Even if one believes his blindness was caused by his work of telescopic observation of the Sun, still see no connection to Christianity.

Err...what about it? What is the connection between Christianity & cataract and glaucoma? Even if one believes his blindness was caused by his work of telescopic observation of the Sun, still see no connection to Christianity.

.....story of him being imprisoned and blinded by the church ...later good PR by church has now resulted in the story that he lost his sight and was under house arrest till his death. No proof of either.

.....story of him being imprisoned and blinded by the church ...later good PR by church has now resulted in the story that he lost his sight and was under house arrest till his death. No proof of either.

The church was good with PR on this story & not with others? A bit of a stretch even for those who are predisposed to believing everything negative, don't you think? There aren't that many takers for the Church's PR these days in Europe, yet there are even fewer takers for the story you put out. Anyways, as you ave conceded that there is no proof either way, lets just leave it at that.

@axisofevil ...you may also believe an arab man was born of a 'virgin' mother ..or that Adam ate an apple and became 'evil' :P ...your beliefs are your problem.

You want to discuss Christian and slavery ? or Christianity and blinding of Galilio ? ..how about Christianity and the inquisition ? How about Homophobia in christianity ? ...how about christianity and massecer of American Indians, Indians, arabs, ..the crusades?

..one who lives in glass houses...:wave:

You are the one stuck on religion and making this a religious issue. I am merely responding to and others saying this is a Vatican conspiracy. Like someone pointed out, could be another nation or agency using the church as a tool. As for your attacks on religion, it doesn;t matter me. You don;t see Christians rioting, demolishing mosques and killing ppl in India have you? You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. As for me, I pointed out my parents are Christians, not me. I don;t believe in most religions. I take the best from all and incorporate into my own belief system. I am Agnostic not an Athetist. Know what the difference is.

You are the one stuck on religion and making this a religious issue. I am merely responding to and others saying this is a Vatican conspiracy. Like someone pointed out, could be another nation or agency using the church as a tool. As for your attacks on religion, it doesn;t matter me. You don;t see Christians rioting, demolishing mosques and killing ppl in India have you? You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it may be. As for me, I pointed out my parents are Christians, not me. I don;t believe in most religions. I take the best from all and incorporate into my own belief system. I am Agnostic not an Athetist. Know what the difference is.

This is an religious and national issue ...I am merely stating the obvious.

I am not sure where his conspiracy has originated but its clear that the church has been a willing partner and has acted against national interests.

Of course the earlier christian community in India has been good citizens and has contributed immensely, same as any other progressive communities. That does not mean the bad and the ugly get swept under the carpet. The Neo christians are a different story though....it is a time bomb waiting to explode.

In any case I dont care what your personal beliefs are .....for all I know you could be a Hispanic chinese zen master sitting in Nigeria. I only care for the 'facts' and the 'truth' relevant to the topic.

Pope is probably going to ground more than resigning due to bad health and a need to spend more time with God. He was tasked with keeping a lid on unsavoury activities of the churches, but the lid refuses to stay down. He had a choice of either staying within the system & reform the churches or resign to the fact that he will not succeed in his mission & excuse himself from heading the institution. Looks like he chose the later one!!

hmm and the most important thing that has set rumor mills on overtime was the fact he asked for diplomatic immunity from Italy...

The only danger could be a Hollywood style tsunami :rolleyes:

Tsunsami wont have much effect in the Kudankulam area because the area is shielded from the main ocean by Lanka..

hmm and the most important thing that has set rumor mills on overtime was the fact he asked for diplomatic immunity from Italy...

You have any idea why? I dont see any chance of him taking diplomatic immunity.. Even if there is any issues, the Vatican is powerful enough to cover it up :D

You have any idea why? I dont see any chance of him taking diplomatic immunity.. Even if there is any issues, the Vatican is powerful enough to cover it up :D

No idea...but people say it seems things are pretty much shaky inside Vatican and there are huge internal rivalries and power groups that are competing with each other. Moreover there is a rumor that this has something to do with the money the Mussolini govt paid during the Fascist regime to the Vatican to get legitimacy from the pope..

No idea...but people say it seems things are pretty much shaky inside Vatican and there are huge internal rivalries and power groups that are competing with each other. Moreover there is a rumor that this has something to do with the money the Mussolini govt paid during the Fascist regime to the Vatican to get legitimacy from the pope..

Power and Money corrupts ...and with Lots of Power and Lots of Money ....its lots of corruption. This story is as old as mankind itself. Earlier Popes used to get assassinated by their next in line..... nowadays they resign to save their @$$. Just another day in paradise.

First post was about ‘christians in pdf’, second post in reply to yours was about Christians and muslims in general….where is the confusion ?
Now Everything is cleared!!

Compassion and love was taught to us by Buddha 600 years before that arab man was born …or 4000 years before by Jain Acharyas, unless ofcourse the ‘us’ you mentioned meant the arabs and Europeans.
So where did I say only my religion thought about compassion and love?? You said our loyalty lies with another country just because we belive in a teachings of an "Arab man".. That is pure nonsense.. By us I meant Christians.. Obviously you dont have hatred towards every Indians..

Intermixing of Patriotism and religion is well know to all govt’s of the past and present and History is a testament to that. Its only ‘secular’ Indians who don’t wish to see the obvious.

So?? Is that mean an average minority in India does not love this country?? Dude just because we believe in another religion does not mean that we are hell bent on destroying this country.. If you check the history of traitors, you can see many names of Hindus also in that..

Religious Vote bank politics exist because muslim and Christian communities vote in line with their religion. That is also another obvious fact ……just too uncomfortable to be said openly. Hindus unfortunately did not used to vote in line with religious feelings thus becoming a victim in this kind of politics. If there is a changing trend, its only because of the past voting habits of muslims and Christians. That is also a fact.

Are you kidding me?? Can you tell me a place in which even the secular parties place a candidate where Hindus are the majority side? Votebank politics are everywhere.. Even if it is Hindus, Christians or Muslims..

Pope is a religious head who’s mission is to propagate his religion and increase the number of people with allegiance to Rome. This is also recognized by Many many nations of the world who refuse to let the pope visit their country. "Aditi devo bhava" does not mean you welcome Ajmal kasab to kill us ……that is a perversion of Indian traditions ! clearly you have no idea about Indian traditions…..maybe western traditions are more to your taste. Whats your name again ? John ? Abey ? Thomas ?
Pope is welcome here as a State head..Which countries are you talking about?? Just because you have some dreams does not mean that it has to be true.. You are comparing a state head visit to a terrorist?? are you getting dumb by every second?? How many times did the pope visited India to convert all Hindus to his religion??

Indian had a very long religious and cultural link with Tibet, which is why Dalai Lama came to India and India continues to host the tibitians. It’s the anti hindu congress who let china get away with conquering Tibet. Which is why, even today Indians support Tibetians…..its foolish not to see the obvious religious angle to it.

Ohh Okay.. I am not talking about Budhists here.. Kailash Sarovar is in China now.. Does that mean that your loyalty lies with China?? I know obviously it is a no.. Its the same thing with us Christians too..Just because some of our's religious head residing in Vatican does not mean that our loyality lies with Vatican.. If you really wanna know, some of our's religious head resides in Syria also and some other's in Kottyam, Kerala..

[B
]No body has implied that there is propaganda to kill the hindus, only to destroy our way of life, our value systems, our culture and corrupt our history.[/B]

Dude, Hinduism as a culture is followed by us minorities also..Where do you think Christains using magalsuthra and lighting of lamp in the evening comes from?? Where do you think we learned mata pita guru dhaivam?? There are plenty of other practices from Hindu religion adopted by Christianity and Islam.. Its just the non belief of your own religion that makes you say like this.. You really think, Hinduism as a religion become minority is a country like India??
2000 years of History is not ‘paranoia’ , its called recognizing facts for what they are. Bigotry is viewing facts though the lenses of your fear or prejudice and acting on those fears. Neither have I distorted facts nor have I acted on my fears. My actions are to openly discuss the facts without political correctness….so who is the bigot here ?

What fear are you talking about?? Am I the one talked about my religion will be destroyed by the religions taught by a Arab man?? Your's is pure bigotory and paranoya.. You are not openly discussing facts, instead you are just assuming things and acting like a stupid here..

So where did I say only my religion thought about compassion and love?? You said our loyalty lies with another country just because we belive in a teachings of an "Arab man".. That is pure nonsense.. By us I meant Christians.. Obviously you dont have hatred towards every Indians..

As you admitted 'us' for you is christians of the world (brotherhood). Where as for me, 'us' means us Indians. That is the difference. Thank you for proving my point.

So?? Is that mean an average minority in India does not love this country?? Dude just because we believe in another religion does not mean that we are hell bent on destroying this country.. If you check the history of traitors, you can see many names of Hindus also in that..

This is a straw-man argument, no point in replying to this.

Are you kidding me?? Can you tell me a place in which even the secular parties place a candidate where Hindus are the majority side? Votebank politics are everywhere.. Even if it is Hindus, Christians or Muslims..

Strange then that a "Christian" called YSR become the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, a Hindu majority state.

The four-member Key committee of congress consisting of Sonia Gandhi (christian), Rahul Gandhi (christian), A K Antony (christian), Ahmed Patel (Muslim) and Dwivedi (hindu)...... yes its clear that Hindus vote on religious lines :rolleyes:

Pope is welcome here as a State head..Which countries are you talking about?? Just because you have some dreams does not mean that it has to be true. You are comparing a state head visit to a terrorist?? are you getting dumb by every second?? How many times did the pope visited India to convert all Hindus to his religion??

China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc...

If Pope is head of state then the churches run by them are consulates for that state. After all the salaries of Bishop (170 at last count), priests (16000) and nuns does come from Rome. Instead of pathetic name calling .....why not deal in facts ?

Pope Tells India His Church Has a Right to Evangelize

Ohh Okay.. I am not talking about Budhists here.. Kailash Sarovar is in China now.. Does that mean that your loyalty lies with China?? I know obviously it is a no.. Its the same thing with us Christians too..Just because some of our's religious head residing in Vatican does not mean that our loyality lies with Vatican.. If you really wanna know, some of our's religious head resides in Syria also and some other's in Kottyam, Kerala..

Buddhism is an offshoot/evolution/sect of Hinduism.

Communist Indians also had loyalty to India....only when it is war with china, some of them supported china.

The question to be asked is if Europe participates in an attack on India, how many will support a Nuclear attack on Rome ?

Dude, Hinduism as a culture is followed by us minorities also..Where do you think Christains using magalsuthra and lighting of lamp in the evening comes from?? Where do you think we learned mata pita guru dhaivam?? There are plenty of other practices from Hindu religion adopted by Christianity and Islam.. Its just the non belief of your own religion that makes you say like this.. You really think, Hinduism as a religion become minority is a country like India??

Cultural erosion is already on. Bits and pieces remain. Soon they too will fade away.

What fear are you talking about?? Am I the one talked about my religion will be destroyed by the religions taught by a Arab man?? Your's is pure bigotory and paranoya.. You are not openly discussing facts, instead you are just assuming things and acting like a stupid here..

Your fear of hindu revival.

Rest is stawman argument.

Tsunsami wont have much effect in the Kudankulam area because the area is shielded from the main ocean by Lanka..

Unless weapons research reveals a Tsunami causing device. Quite possible. I have nations are already researching the possibilities after seeing the one that devastated the Indian Ocean in 2004

As you admitted 'us' for you is christians of the world (brotherhood). Where as for me, 'us' means us Indians. That is the difference. Thank you for proving my point.

This is a straw-man argument, no point in replying to this.

Strange then that a "Christian" called YSR become the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, a Hindu majority state.

The four-member Key committee of congress consisting of Sonia Gandhi (christian), Rahul Gandhi (christian), A K Antony (christian), Ahmed Patel (Muslim) and Dwivedi (hindu)...... yes its clear that Hindus vote on religious lines :rolleyes:

China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc...

If Pope is head of state then the churches run by them are consulates for that state. After all the salaries of Bishop (170 at last count), priests (16000) and nuns does come from Rome. Instead of pathetic name calling .....why not deal in facts ?

Pope Tells India His Church Has a Right to Evangelize

Buddhism is an offshoot/evolution/sect of Hinduism.

Communist Indians also had loyalty to India....only when it is war with china, some of them supported china.

The question to be asked is if Europe participates in an attack on India, how many will support a Nuclear attack on Rome ?

Cultural erosion is already on. Bits and pieces remain. Soon they too will fade away.

Your fear of hindu revival.

Rest is stawman argument.

Please don;t equate Buddhism with Hinduism. Buddhism is much, much better than any religion especially Hinduism.

Caste
The Buddha repudiated the caste distinctions of the Brahmanical religion, and was as a result described as a corrupter and opposed to true dharma in some of the Puranas. In one sutta, the Buddha satirizes and debunks the brahminical claims regarding the divine nature of the caste system, and shows that it is nothing but a human convention.
However, some scholars argue that caste (“varna,” or more commonly “jāti”) is an Indian phenomenon that is not restricted to Hindu sections of society. It has been argued that the approving use of the term “Brahmin” in Buddhist and Jain texts shows that even these socially critical movements were comfortable with a caste structured society as long as obligations and privileges accorded to the various castes were justly distributed (cf. Dhammapada ch. XXVI; cf. Sūtrakṛtānga I.xii.11-21). Moreover, caste is not philosophically important to many schools that are conventionally understood under the heading of “Hindu philosophy.” Some philosophical schools, such as Yoga, seem to be implicitly critical of life in conventional society guided by the values of social and ecological domination, while other schools, such as Advaita Vedānta, are openly critical of the idea that caste morality has any relevance to a spiritually serious aspirant.

Buddhism implicitly denied the validity of caste distinctions by offering ordination to all regardless of caste. The Buddhist writer Ashvaghosa directly opposed the caste system of Hinduism by drawing upon anomalous episodes in Hindu scriptures. While the caste system constitutes an assumed background to the stories told in Buddhist scriptures, the sutras do not attempt to justify or explain the system, and the caste system was not generally propagated along with the Buddhist teachings. The early texts state that caste is not determined by karma.
The notion of ritual purity also provided a conceptual foundation for the caste system, by identifying occupations and duties associated with impure or taboo objects as being themselves impure. Regulations imposing such a system of ritual purity and taboos are absent from the Buddhist monastic code, and not generally regarded as being part of Buddhist teachings

Please don;t equate Buddhism with Hinduism. Buddhism is much, much better than any religion especially Hinduism.

Caste
The Buddha repudiated the caste distinctions of the Brahmanical religion, and was as a result described as a corrupter and opposed to true dharma in some of the Puranas. In one sutta, the Buddha satirizes and debunks the brahminical claims regarding the divine nature of the caste system, and shows that it is nothing but a human convention.
However, some scholars argue that caste (“varna,” or more commonly “jāti”) is an Indian phenomenon that is not restricted to Hindu sections of society. It has been argued that the approving use of the term “Brahmin” in Buddhist and Jain texts shows that even these socially critical movements were comfortable with a caste structured society as long as obligations and privileges accorded to the various castes were justly distributed (cf. Dhammapada ch. XXVI; cf. Sūtrakṛtānga I.xii.11-21). Moreover, caste is not philosophically important to many schools that are conventionally understood under the heading of “Hindu philosophy.” Some philosophical schools, such as Yoga, seem to be implicitly critical of life in conventional society guided by the values of social and ecological domination, while other schools, such as Advaita Vedānta, are openly critical of the idea that caste morality has any relevance to a spiritually serious aspirant.

Buddhism implicitly denied the validity of caste distinctions by offering ordination to all regardless of caste. The Buddhist writer Ashvaghosa directly opposed the caste system of Hinduism by drawing upon anomalous episodes in Hindu scriptures. While the caste system constitutes an assumed background to the stories told in Buddhist scriptures, the sutras do not attempt to justify or explain the system, and the caste system was not generally propagated along with the Buddhist teachings. The early texts state that caste is not determined by karma.
The notion of ritual purity also provided a conceptual foundation for the caste system, by identifying occupations and duties associated with impure or taboo objects as being themselves impure. Regulations imposing such a system of ritual purity and taboos are absent from the Buddhist monastic code, and not generally regarded as being part of Buddhist teachings

Since you are neither a Buddhist nor a Hindu ....but just an ignorant bigot ..there is no need for me to waste my time with you. :wave: go troll somewhere else...

Back
Top Bottom