What's new

Antony 'impatient' to see completion of LCA project

His impatience means squat. Just shut up and wait for DRDO to do the job. Does he want a rush job that LCA would fall off the sky?

I am worried after 2014, most likely new minister will care less about LCA .

Could be even the otherway around, depending what kind of defence minister the next one might be, but I am not too much into Indian politics, so can't say much about it.
My wish is only, that we finally get a better organisation between MoD, the forces and the industry in this order! MoD and a strong defence minister has to lead the forces and the industry, not let them do anything like they want. That's where Antony imo lacked so far, although I liked his strong anti bribery policy, even if all the investigations and bans caused delays, but bribery is a core problem in India.

Could be even the otherway around, depending what kind of defence minister the next one might be, but I am not too much into Indian politics, so can't say much about it.
My wish is only, that we finally get a better organisation between MoD, the forces and the industry in this order! MoD and a strong defence minister has to lead the forces and the industry, not let them do anything like they want. That's where Antony imo lacked so far, although I liked his strong anti bribery policy, even if all the investigations and bans caused delays, but bribery is a core problem in India.

Congress print LCA as inducted in their report card in 2012 :D
So might be our Sanit is trying to make it true.

Elections will be in early 2014. So any guy taking office will have a chance to collect the credit for 2015 induction. And who won't ???

Listen we can knock AK Anthony as much as we want but you all have to admit something. He is the only person who has been able to stop the endemic corruption in our defence related matters. Never ever forget that. He guy lives by a code of servitude and anti corruption for the ppl. Im notjoking around. He has been instrumental in pushing forth indigenous products over foreign, going away from old F 15 aicrafts, and calling it as he see;s it when it comes to delays. Defence needs individuals like him. The defence portfolio is the most lucrative in terms of corruption because of the big contracts. Do I need to remind you of George Fernadez? Ak Anthony may bot be perfect but he is damn near the best we have had in a long long time. Realize that, digest that.

If Indian private players are allowed, they will use bribes and political influence to make sure HAL becomes like Air India and BSNL. While dealing with foreign companies at least there is some fear of corruption charges and sting operations, Indian companies will just say congress/BJP toh apni dukaan hai.
But still some form of competition is must, otherwise complacency is inevitable.

If Indian private players are allowed, they will use bribes and political influence to make sure HAL becomes like Air India and BSNL. While dealing with foreign companies at least there is some fear of corruption charges and sting operations, Indian companies will just say congress/BJP toh apni dukaan hai.
But still some form of competition is must, otherwise complacency is inevitable.

Please, anyone who thinks HAL's monoploy in the Indian aviation defence scene will continue beyond this decade is sorely mistaken. Recent news has proven this. Whilst in the past it was true HAL was the only viable option for the Indian forces and GoI/MoD there are some emerging credible pvt players who have tie ups with big international firms. The landscape is changing, it is clear to see.

the amount of hardwork they do, if done in boeing, with in a couple of years they will become millionaires. but just for a few 20, 000 30,000 rupees which is just less than 500 euros, they are making top class missiles. It is appreciable. there are flaws in our industrial infrastructure.

ministry of industry should be thrashed for not building self reliance in producing materials.

I cant speak on BSNL but Air India's problems are purely self inflicted. One of my ex girlfriends' father in Bangalore was Airport Commissioner and he said it himself. Haing no competition led to Air India not continually improving itself. Now its been rated on the bottom 3. Even our Indians including myself don;t fly Air India. I rather see Kingfisher or the like take over or let the private players get involved without govt interference, only in rare circumstances. As a result of Air India substandard performance, Etihad has totally cornered that market to India, I believe and rightfully so. Like you said competiton brings out the best in all of us.

Forgive me for my ignorance. For how long has this LCA development been in the pipeline?

Any luck on that "indigineous engine" for the LCA?

too long, and no luck on the indigenous engine, just as your chinese counterparts!!!

Forgive me for my ignorance. For how long has this LCA development been in the pipeline?

Any luck on that "indigineous engine" for the LCA?

Long enough for it to come out of the pipeline.

No luck with engine and it seems India and all its " immediate neighbors " will be using US/Russian/EU engines in the near future too.

Back
Top Bottom