What's new

Apple's center of gravity is China, not Cupertino

I was just stating a fact that what you said was not true. No one can stay on the top forever.

Huawei was the No.1 phone brand in China and the world before US started Huawei ban, but now Huawei is quickly back to the top in China.

四年前的2019年,那是华为的巅峰时刻,那个时候华为全球手机出货量为2.4亿台,超越了苹果的1.98亿台,根据第三方平台统计的数据显示,华为2020年第二季度的手机出货量达到了5580万台,超过了三星的5370万台,首次取得全球第一的好成绩,这也是这十几年来华为首次超越三星。
Four years ago in 2019, it was Huawei's peak moment. At that time, Huawei's global mobile phone shipments were 240 million units, surpassing Apple's 198 million units. According to statistics from third-party platforms, Huawei's global mobile phone shipments in the second quarter of 2020 Huawei's mobile phone shipments reached 55.8 million units, surpassing Samsung's 53.7 million units, and achieved first place in the world for the first time. This is also the first time in more than ten years that Huawei has surpassed Samsung.

Also cars

10 years ago, Elon Musk dismissed BYD as a joke, a toy car, but fast forward today, BYD is already the top EV maker in the world.
BYD revenue is around $75B and Tesla revenue is $95B for the last 12 months,
I suspect you will find the same thing regarding mobile phones,

BYD revenue is around $75B and Tesla revenue is $95B for the last 12 months,
I suspect you will find the same thing regarding mobile phones,
BYD is not the only EV maker in China, I guess you will find the same thing regarding to Chinese phones.

Throngs left apple in China, including me.

After 4 years, Huawei regains the top spot of the Chinese phone market with 19.7%, Apple falls to the second spot with 16.8%

Are those number by units or dollars ?

Without finding a cost effective and skilled labor in China you simply can't exist.
Or you know more than Apple Ceo.
Don't argue for the sake of arguing.

This guy is clueless. All the design skills in the world don't mean jack unless you can get skilled value addition people to make them into viable products.

Each iPhone is hewn from a solid block of metal, my understanding. To say nothing of the electronics produced in China.

Who will make them for the price Apple wants - other than China?

And how big of a market China is - for Apple ?

BYD is not the only EV maker in China, I guess you will find the same thing regarding to Chinese phones.
I’ll give You that. Noone manufactures more Chinese phones than China.

You can always win by selecting categories.

Japan had the worlds tallest ”Tokyo Tower”.

Back
Top Bottom