What's new

AQ Khan Released from House Arrest!!!

ahsanshaheen

New Recruit

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad High Court (IHC) has acquitted Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan from all charges framed against him and declared him a free citizen on Friday.

Yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes he has been released ...
He is giving interviews to Geo tv now...:tdown:

Setting free matter between me, Govt., US not involved
Updated at: 1420 PST, Friday, February 06, 2009

ISLAMABAD: Celebrated nuclear scientist, Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan has said, “I am satisfied with the decision of the court, setting me free is a matter between me and the government, this has no connection with the US and added that after having received the decision, the situation would merge.”

Talking to media at his residence after a court decision terminated his detention, set him free and allowed him freedom of expression, he said that he didn’t want to delve in the past incidents, he only wanted the development of the country, “I pray that the God save the country.” He said he would not get involved in politics, the world was against him, but he remained safe due to security.

Dr. Qadeer said that the God has already punished General (retd.) Pervez Musharraf, as he can’t freely come out on the roads today. When quizzed, he said that he would not take action against anybody for keeping him in detention. He said that he would be focusing on education and setting up of welfare organizations would be my top priority. He told that he couldn’t go to Karachi for condoling the deaths of his sister-in-law and niece, therefore, he would first of all go to Karachi and try going on Umra.
TheNews.
:pakistan:

awesome...... im so pleased
great news
im happppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........ yaaahoooooooooo

IHC declares Dr. A Q Khan a free citizen
Updated at: 1251 PST, Friday, February 06, 2009
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Friday has declared atomic scientist Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan a free citizen and abolished his house arrest.

Chief Justice of IHC Sardar Muhammad Aslam while announcing a verdict on several petitions filed against house arrest of Dr. A Q Khan declared him a free citizen and said that he is free to move across the country. The allegations against him of nuclear proliferation have not been 'substantiated'.

Due to security reasons, Dr. Khan should inform government about his movement in advance.

The verdict has directed the government to provide security to Dr. Khan on immediate basis. VVIP security would be given to him.

Dr. Khan is free to express his views, talk to media and carry out research and get treatment of doctor of his own choice.

IHC declares Dr. A Q Khan a free citizen - GEO.tv

AQ Khan says he confessed to 'save' Pakistan
7 Apr 2008, 1535 hrs IST, AFP

Print Email Discuss Share Save Comment Text:

ISLAMABAD: Detained Pakistani nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan said that he took the blame four years ago for passing atomic secrets to Iran,
North Korea and Libya in order to "save his country".

Khan, who has been under effective house arrest since confessing on television in 2004 to running a proliferation network, added that the country's new government had not yet contacted him about his possible release.

Khan was pardoned by President Pervez Musharraf after his confession but has remained under detention. Musharraf denied any state involvement in Khan's activities but has rejected international requests to quiz the scientist.

"I saved the country for the first time when I made Pakistan a nuclear nation and saved it again when I confessed and took the whole blame on myself," Khan said in a telephone interview from his Islamabad villa late on Sunday.

Khan is hailed as a hero by many Pakistanis for transforming the country into the Islamic world's first nuclear power. Pakistan carried out nuclear tests in 1998 in response to detonations by neighbouring India.

"Even Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain (former prime minister) and Mushahid Hussain (a senator from the party that backs Musharraf) said I saved Pakistan by accepting the whole blame myself," he added.

Musharraf's political allies were routed in elections in February and a new government formed by slain opposition leader Benazir Bhutto's party and the grouping of former premier Nawaz Sharif has taken power.

Members of the new government have indicated that they may consider freeing Khan as they review Musharraf's policies over the last nine years and seek to roll back his powers.

But Khan said he had had no contact with the new administration.

Khan was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2006 and was briefly hospitalised last month with complications.

AQ Khan says he confessed to 'save' Pakistan-Pakistan-World-The Times of India

Well it was quite sure that he was made scape goat for the pakistan governments nuclear polifieration. Sad that a hero had to spend his many years under confinement..!!!!

NEW DELHI: Reacting sharply to the release of disgraced nuclear scientist AQ Khan by Islamabad High Court, India on Friday said “the move is another
example of deception by Pakistan”.

Speaking exclusively to Times Now, MoS external affairs Anand Sharma says, “AQ Khan's release by the Pakistan’s court would be detrimental to global peace and security.”

“Pakistan has deceived India again by setting Khan free,” Sharma added.

Earlier, Islamabad High Court declared disgraced nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan a free citizen and abolished his house arrest.

Following his release, Khan stated, “The Pakistan government is strong and the armed forces can tackle everyone.”

However, he said "there is no threat from India, nothing like that has happened."

The scientist, who spoke to the media shortly after TV channels reported that he had reached a secret out-of-court settlement with the government, said he had no plans to associate himself again with Pakistan's nuclear programme.

He said he would dedicate himself to educational activities, including starting new institutions and advising people in the sector.

Khan, lionised by many Pakistanis as the father of the country's atomic bomb, was pardoned but placed under house arrest in 2004 by the then president, Pervez Musharraf, soon after he made a televised confession to selling nuclear secrets to Iran, North Korea and Libya.

A court upheld his detention last July and barred him from talking to the media about nuclear proliferation while he was under house arrest.

Last year, a UN nuclear watchdog said Khan's network smuggled nuclear weaponisation blueprints to Iran, Libya and North Korea and was active in 12 countries.
AQ Khan's release another deception by Pak: India-India-The Times of India

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Narayanan says Zardari ‘really honest’ with India

* Indian NSA says New Delhi does not want to weaken democratic govt in Pakistan

Daily Times Monitor

LAHORE: President Asif Ali Zardari is ‘really honest’ on Islamabad’s ties with New Delhi, Indian National Security Adviser MK Narayanan said in a TV interview aired on Thursday.

Asked by ‘India Tonight’ host Karan Thapar if he thought Zardari’s ‘reassuring’ statements were sincere or just rhetoric, Narayanan said: “Left to myself, I’m always suspicious. (But) I think in nearly five years with my prime minister I have realised that it is better to be more trusting than suspicious, so I think that in this relationship with the prime minister of India I think President Zardari is really being honest.”

Narayanan said there was “tremendous warmth” between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and President Zardari, which he described as “genuine”.

“I don’t think it is a put on show but I think everybody recognises that the power lies elsewhere, not necessarily with the president and the prime minister,” he said in the CNBC TV18 programme. “It’s nothing that we can do anything about, but the fact is that it’s difficult therefore to do business [with the democratic government].”

He said India was ‘very worried’ about the stability of Pakistan “and we will do everything to have a stable Pakistan as our neighbour”. He made it clear that India did not want to weaken President Zardari and would try to ensure the success of “Pakistan’s experiment with democracy”.

“We are trying our level best not to add to his problems by doing anything or saying anything. I think this government has come under tremendous attack from all elements in India, strategic thinkers, people in think tanks, and what not... We believe that we need to be careful,” he said. “We believe that if it succeeds it will have a sort of meaningful effect in the region and certainly would be something that India would rejoice over.”

Pak has shown signs of willingness to transform: Kerry

Lalit K Jha

Washington, Feb 6 (PTI) Influential US Senator John Kerry who heads the Congressional Committee responsible for American foreign policy has said that Pakistan's President, Army chief and the ISI are showing encouraging signs of "transforming" and taking the terrorists head on.

"I have found that President (Asif Ali) Zardari is very committed to trying to increase the accountability and to move in these directions (taking actions against terrorists)," said Kerry, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

He was intervening at a round-table debate on Afghanistan at the US Senate when one of the speakers said that ISI needs to be brought under civilian government's control.

Kerry, who lost to George W Bush in 2004 presidential elections, was recently in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

"I also find that both (ISI Chief) General (Ahmad Shuja) Pasha, and (Pak Army Chief) General (Ashfaq) Kayani, are likewise committed," Kerry said.

"In my conversations with Admiral (Mike) Mullen and with other players, there is a sense of some transformation -- of a willingness to engage in some transformation," Kerry said.

Former Australian Special Forces commando and counter- terrorism adviser to former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, David Kilcullen, had said that various attempts have been made to bring the ISI under government control but "it's just too powerful for civilian politicians to break it up". PTI

India should mind its own business and has no right to be telling what Pakistan should be doing and shoudlnt be doing.

It's a appropriate reaction from India. Something really fishy is going on in the matter.

By the way, Mr. Khan can be called step-mother of Pakistan's Atomic Bomb Program at the most. Stealing other's children does not make you father.

It's a appropriate reaction from India. Something really fishy is going on in the matter.

By the way, Mr. Khan can be called step-mother of Pakistan's Atomic Bomb Program at the most. Stealing other's children does not make you father.

and foriegn assistance in developing your own does not makes you father (partially) either.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom