migflug

Reaction score
Country
India
Home: Arianespace to launch India's GSAT-11 communication satellite
NetIndian News Network
New Delhi, September 12, 2016
ADVERTISEMENT
European commercial satellite launch company Arianespace today said the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) had chosen it to launch its GSAT-11 telecommunications satellite.

The satellite will be launched by an Ariane 5 launch vehicle, from the Guiana Space Center, Europe’s spaceport in Kourou, French Guiana, in 2017, a press release from Arianespace said.

The GSAT-11 satellite, designed, assembled and integrated by ISRO, will weigh about 5,725 kg at launch, it said.

According to the release, GSAT-11 is an advanced communication satellite with multi-spot beam coverage over the Indian mainland and nearby islands to bring huge advantage to the user community, compared with the existing INSAT/GSAT satellite systems.

With this new system architecture and the cutting-edge technology elements proposed to be employed for realization, GSAT-11 will generate a capacity of more than 12 Gbps for users from a single platform.

“We are very proud to announce this new contract with the Indian Space Research Organization, as we are gearing up for the launch of GSAT-18 on October 4, our 20th satellite launch for ISRO," Arianespace Chairman and CEO Stéphane Israël said.

"Widely known for its exemplary successes, ISRO has placed its trust in Arianespace for the last 35 years. For us, this continued partnership is clear recognition of our ability to provide reliable launch services, perfectly tailored to our customer’s needs," he said.

ISRO has a long history of launching payloads with Arianespace – dating back to the third mission of an Ariane-series vehicle in 1981.

Since 1980, Arianespace has performed missions placing more than 500 satellites into orbit with its three launchers: Ariane, Soyuz and Vega. Arianespace is headquartered in Evry, France near Paris.

According to ISRO sources, GSAT-11 is an advanced communication satellite employing a new class of bus weighing 4000-6000 kg. The commercial payload includes Ka x Ku-Band Forward Link Transponders and Ku x Ka band Return Link Transponders.

NNN

Last edited:
GSAT-11

GSAT-11 to be located at 74 deg E is an advanced communication satellite with multi spot beam antenna coverage over Indian mainland as well as Islands to bring-in a huge advantage to the user community, compared to the existing INSAT/GSAT satellite systems. With this new system architecture and the advanced technology elements proposed to be employed for realization will generate a capacity of more than 10 Gbps for users from a single platform. The payload configuration is compatible with advanced I-4K bus of ISRO. The frequency re-use scheme designed into the system for the use of the allocated Ku band spectrum will provide more than 200 # 36MHz equivalent transponders.

The main highlights of the system configuration are multi beam coverage, Star network based Gateway connectivity, ACM as fade mitigation techniques, on-board power management techniques etc.

In addition to the advanced on-board technologies that are considered, the ground system technologies with user terminals employing Adaptive Coding & Modulation techniques, site diversity for Ka band Hub stations & sizing for fade mitigation etc are built into the design of overall system.

Type/Applications: Communications

Orbit Location: 74°E Geo

Mission Life: 15 Years

Equipments: 32 Ka x Ku Transponders

8 Ku x Ka Transponders

Configuration: I4K Bus

Frequency:

Ka x Ku: U/L: 27000 – 27500 MHz, 29500 – 30000 MHz (LV & LH)

D/L: 10700 – 10950 MHz, 11200 – 114500 MHz (LV & LH)

Ku x Ka: U/L: 12750 – 13250 MHz (LV & LH)

D/L: 18100 – 18600 MHz, 19700 – 20200 MHz (LV & LH)

Coverage:

· 16 Ku-band beams covering Indian mainland & Islands in both polarizations

· 2 Ka-band beams over New Delhi & Bangaluru

http://www.arianespace.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/PR_9-12-2016_GSAT_FR.pdf

According to the official website the bus is 4k but in the above news its about 6k:crazy:
can anyone explain this to me:undecided:

Last edited:
According to the official website the bus is 4k but in the above news its about 6k:crazy:
can anyone explain this to me

Larger mass includes sylda carrier, payload adapter, HMS, orbit management system etc...on top of the satellite itself....i.e lift off mass (larger) and dry mass (just the bird) are different.

Larger mass includes sylda carrier, payload adapter, HMS, orbit management system etc...on top of the satellite itself....i.e lift off mass (larger) and dry mass (just the bird) are different.
They launching GSAT-18 in October or GSAT-11?

It is based on the modular I-4/6K – for 4 to 6.5 ton class satellite.

C.JPG

I am not undermining the ISRO's achievements in rocket science, but rocket advancement in isro lags behind our satellite tech. None of our rockets even gslv mk3 are not powerful enough to put this giant in to geostationary orbit.

I am not undermining the ISRO's achievements in rocket science, but rocket advancement in isro lags behind our satellite tech. None of our rockets even gslv mk3 are not powerful enough to put this giant in to geostationary orbit.

Currently, the GSLV MK-3 uses the CE20 engine.

Once ISRO replaces that with the semi cryogenic engine, the GSLV will have a much bigger rating. It will be able to have a payload capability of 10 tonnes.

SCE200 is being tested.

index.php

MswnfEx.jpg

Clustered_Semi_Cryogenic_Engines.jpg

isro-semicryo.jpg

index.php

India through ISRO is doing fine, mate. There is no shame in the speed
at which the launch abilities of your country are developing, far from it.
Just remind yourself of the fact that such knowledge comes with time
and that those at the top of the game had it in spades.
For example, great orbit rockets are successors of indigenous ICBM programs.

Ariane is world best and as answered above, you'll get there on weight
if not yet on quality. Furthermore, Russian rockets are like cheap space
scooters without refinements and have done the job. Heck, the Americans
use 'em to go to the ISS for lack of a national ride nowadays.

The only program with a faster rate of learning is that of China and they do
so because they enjoy superior financing than most to achieve loftier goals.

Be patient, space programs are not built in a day, Tay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom