What's new

Arjun Special Report

The BHIM might not materialize.Currently IA was conducting cold weather trials of 155mm howitzers in Ladakh. Swedish Bofors and Israeli Soltam were the only competitors after The south african company Denel was blacklisted.I read somewhere that Bofors guns had met 99% requirements in summer trials.

The BHIM might not materialize.Currently IA was conducting cold weather trials of 155mm howitzers in Ladakh. Swedish Bofors and Israeli Soltam were the only competitors after The south african company Denel was blacklisted.I read somewhere that Bofors guns had met 99% requirements in summer trials.
Both Bofors and Soltam entries are for towed artillery I think. Bhim is self-propelled arty.

The open fields of lahore, sialkot and all other border areas of Punjab province is too soft for Arjun. Punjab is also protected by natural lakes and rivers like the famous BRB canal in Lahore, which halted the indian aggression. Indian attack in Punjab will consist of T-90s, T-70's accompanied by BMP's. But definately not arjun. Arjun also has failed many time's in Desert trials. I wonder where Arjun will be placed?

The open fields of lahore, sialkot and all other border areas of Punjab province is too soft for Arjun. Punjab is also protected by natural lakes and rivers like the famous BRB canal in Lahore, which halted the indian aggression. Indian attack in Punjab will consist of T-90s, T-70's accompanied by BMP's. But definately not arjun. Arjun also has failed many time's in Desert trials. I wonder where Arjun will be placed?

Arjun if induction reports are true will definately not placed against China, Bangaldesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Burma.

IA has only taken delivery of 9 . :tdown:

I think they dont need it. there is nothing much coming out of IA that says they are eager to have this.

hi, i am from 2012

indian army has inducted 170 Arjuns out of 248 ordered.

Mk-2 arjun will be inducted in numbers ranging between 250-350

plus, we'll have 1600+ T-90 in future

at present (2012), we have -
>170 arjuns (total >250)
>807 t-90s (total 1650+)
>2400 t-72m1 (modified to Tank-EX with Arjun's turret)
>750 t-55s (some modified to tarmour armored carriers)

It was too heavy, that was the biggest problam, did DRDO fix that or no ?

Its ground pressure is better than the 46 tonne T-90 despite being of 50-tonnes. The IA was just making stupid excuses for Arjun not to be inducted, but after DRDO challenged them, they're left red faced and the top brass' corrupt mindset has been exposed.

Arjun is a lethal platform and as it matures with the Mk2 and Mk3, it will be a lethal tank in the coming days.

yikes! sorry guys! i meant to say that the ARE TO BE modified to tank-ex!

if you are referring to number, its 2,418 according to wiki (t-72m1s in service)
So you are saying that all the t72s in IA's inventory will be upgraded to tank ex ??? Well i hope your wish comes true, but i am sorry to tell you this that Tank ex project ended after the prototype was shown to IA. IA has shown absolutely no interest in tank ex. Also there is already a couple modernization plans planned for indian t72s. So why would IA change t72 to tank ex after modernizing it ? But like i said, i would prefer a tank ex mk2 rather than modernized t72s.

three different one word answers, COST, the Arjun costs more than an M1A2. DOCTRINE, Indian Army doctrine is built around a T rank doctrine. This involves over concentration of force (for MBTs) and a on the cheap training model. With an MBT you need very technical well trained and drilled crews who can operate agaisnt numerically superior foes and win. This is another added cost the Indian army has to absorb. STUPIDITY, certain indian officers and politicians think the next war will be like the last, this is called the victors disease and is very common. What they had wonthe last war so it should win the next war, a logial fallacy.

For these three reasons the Indian Army has held off on mass induction, these reason however do not subtract form the Arjuns battlefeild viablity. The altest feild tests showed the various components were finally working in sync.

I am guesisng the AK II will be a ZTZ 99 copy, a vast improvement over the AK but still handicapped by a autoloading 125mm L/48 gun firing a 560mm long penetrator. If Pakistan wanted a real MBT they would use either the Type 98G- it uses a Norinco 120mm smoothbore capable of firing NATO ammuntion. or licence build M1A1 or A2 Abrams.

But both these tanks would require the same shift in policy and doctrine and increased cost the Indian army is facing.

of course the best solution is for both Pakistan and India ot sit down and resolve your differance like peaceable people, stop bombing each other and re-direct all that easted treasure into the economy, health care and educational systems of your nations.

Thanks I have always said our politicans and military senior heads are f-king idiots.....but my fellow countrymen are too blind by mere patriotism to see the damn truth. it hurts I know....but deal with by asking fo their heads on a platter

India's ex General kapoor is still not charged even though he was faulted numerous times for corruption why? Simple....more heads higher up are just as corrupt as this SOB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom