What's new

Army set to place order for 118 Arjun Mark 1-As, the most potent tank in its inventory

Yes you are clearly not an expert also you have skipped over the South Koreans with the K2, The Argentinians with the TAM, The Israelis with the Merkava and the Turks with the Altay. All of these countries do not have a history of tank production. (All of these have a lower development cycle than that joke Arjun)

And you are right that products get improved but they have to be useful in the first place. For example the leo2 Abrams and so on are on 4+ blocks. However they were workable from the beginning, didn't take 30 years to reach their first iteration and were inducted in more than just 100.

At least Argentine TAM tank is not comparable to deadly Arjun...... Please...

Markhoor brother... Why are you laughing...

At least Argentine TAM tank is not comparable to deadly Arjun...... Please...

Markhoor brother... Why are you laughing...
Mate you need to stop....you are just embarrassing yourself. TAM had more orders than Arjun.... the Indian army didn't even want the Arjun....lol

The only thing going in its way is Armour Because of its Weight.
But most of the modern shells can take these out in 1 to 2 hits , this can change Depending on the Active and Passive Protection of the tank.
Pakistani Tanks will be more agile specially in dessert which can be game changer.
Unless they are up against same class.
The biggest issue i see with indian systems is you are buying machines from too many different sources which are designed to operate with their own systems it will be hard for you to share all of that data with different groups, Quickly and Securely.
And Biggest Issue front Line Indian Armour tanks will face is not Pakistan Tanks but Pakistani Light ATGM units, Pakistan has added these alot into active service recently.

Tanks are your brutes which run through enemies defence while infantry is controlling the land but if your armour starts to break down at front, it will be really bad.

Excellent point. T72, T90 and now this tank, with very little commonality will put a massive strain on logistics. This is handing it to PA on a platter. Take out supplies during war time and immobility will play a significant role is forward attrition.

Job done for PA me thinks.

AKs are not heavy category tanks, in its category its very potent tank in South Asia as constantly upgraded with latest available tech, also UD are upgraded to Oplot level.

Also must mention the main armament of rifled vs smooth-bore gun. This opens another can of worms for the Indians. Smoothbore gives PA tanks another dimension. Rifled gun on the Arjun on the other hand limits its application in a battle. At this rate it will take India another 30 years to install a smooth bore on Arjun by that time MBT's will be extinct from the battlefield.

Mate you need to stop....you are just embarrassing yourself. TAM had more orders than Arjun.... the Indian army didn't even want the Arjun....lol

Lol you are talking as if Argentina all of a sudden developed tank on her own??? It was Germany a maker of Leo without whom Argentina by now could have still drawing that tank on paper..... When USA rejected them replacements for their 60s era tanks they went to Germany for help... Don't compare Argentina's involvement with this tank which is no where comparable to India's involvement with Arjun.... Don't talk as if Argentina alone has developed this tank... And off course TAM tank has more orders than Arjun as tiny Argentine tank force doesn't operate 2000 T72s and 1200 T90s.... And how can you conclude there will be no further orders for Arjuns in future???

Excellent point. T72, T90 and now this tank, with very little commonality will put a massive strain on logistics. This is handing it to PA on a platter. Take out supplies during war time and immobility will play a significant role is forward attrition.

Job done for PA me thinks.

Also must mention the main armament of rifled vs smooth-bore gun. This opens another can of worms for the Indians. Smoothbore gives PA tanks another dimension. Rifled gun on the Arjun on the other hand limits its application in a battle. At this rate it will take India another 30 years to install a smooth bore on Arjun by that time MBT's will be extinct from the battlefield.

You are childishly underestimating India's armoured core.... You lack numbers in tank when compared to India... Even if Arjun is junk as per you then also there is T90 which is a decent tank.... Your chopper force is vastly outdated to India's with LCH and Apaches.... PA knows this and hence NASR....

Lol you are talking as if Argentina all of a sudden developed tank on her own??? It was Germany a maker of Leo without whom Argentina by now could have still drawing that tank on paper..... When USA rejected them replacements for their 60s era tanks they went to Germany for help... Don't compare Argentina's involvement with this tank which is no where comparable to India's involvement with Arjun.... Don't talk as if Argentina alone has developed this tank... And off course TAM tank has more orders than Arjun as tiny Argentine tank force doesn't operate 2000 T72s and 1200 T90s.... And how can you conclude there will be no further orders for Arjuns in future???
Hate to break it to you sunshine but Germany helped develop Arjun...Krauss Maffei to be specific. That's why it looks like a early model Leopard. But then CVRDE effed up the design...lol A bit like the Dhruv which looks a lot like a MBB design that got screwed up by HAL

You are childishly underestimating India's armoured core.... You lack numbers in tank when compared to India... Even if Arjun is junk as per you then also there is T90 which is a decent tank.... Your chopper force is vastly outdated to India's with LCH and Apaches.... PA knows this and hence NASR....
You lack operational availability, troop morale , logistics and have a massive wage demand on your budget. I don't underestimate the tanks. I judge the fact that people like you drive them....

T90 is a decent tank - I give you that. Just don't put this piece of junk (Arjun) in that category. Your LCH is again recycled junk and just like PA you don't have enough numbers in Apaches to prove decisive in a confrontation.
PA has NASR what have you got?

Hate to break it to you sunshine but Germany helped develop Arjun...Krauss Maffei to be specific. That's why it looks like a early model Leopard. But then CVRDE effed up the design...lol A bit like the Dhruv which looks a lot like a MBB design that got screwed up by HAL

You lack operational availability, troop morale , logistics and have a massive wage demand on your budget. I don't underestimate the tanks. I judge the fact that people like you drive them....

Lol so it's that easy for you then.... What are you waiting for then? Hurry up... Go and get your JAGULAR VEIN.... :-)

Lol so it's that easy for you then.... What are you waiting for then? Hurry up... Go and get your JAGULAR VEIN.... :-)
I don't know what you are talking about....You don't know what you are talking about either....

AKs are not heavy category tanks, in its category its very potent tank in South Asia as constantly upgraded with latest available tech, also UD are upgraded to Oplot level.
I wouldn't bother with him...He clearly doesn't even understand the basics. He thinks that Indian flag is like a go faster stripe on a car....

Fully homemade complete NATO style Arjun is deadly.... any tank in this subcontinent should not cross the tracks of Arjun... if you do your tank will be a history... French leclerk used to be my most favorite tank and I always used to dream about Leclerk in Indian army but hey wait....my country produced homemade leclerk Arjun at home....:smitten:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom