What's new

Army should be looking for a NEW Sub Machine Gun (SMG)

Army set to hold 7.62x39mm SMG trials sometime in September 2012. SMG's offered from Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Czech Republic

Army set to hold 7.62x39mm SMG trials sometime in September 2012. SMG's offered from Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and Czech Republic

So my recommendation, the VZ-58, is on the list. Good going. May the best 'SMG' win.

Was there some kind of open tender?

And are there going to be preliminaries in September or final selection?

Md-63, VZ-58, some other AK-derivatives expected then.

Interesting to see that we are going to ex-soviet states rather than European or other options.

So my recommendation, the VZ-58, is on the list. Good going. May the best 'SMG' win.

I think PA will be looking for this "CZ-805 BREN " as the vz-58 is too old and already being replaced in many countries, doesnot make sense to go for vz-58

CZ-805 BREN

cz_805.jpg

4340570002_9ee43e70a6.jpg

cz_805s_1.jpg

CZ_805_BREN_popis_A1.jpg

cz_805_bren_a2_assault_rifle_01.jpg

How Pathetic that we can make Nukes but can't make a decent assault rifle / SMG even a handgun of our own.

How Pathetic that we can make Nukes but can't make a decent assault rifle / SMG even a handgun of our own.

Its just because of the lack of trust we have on local companies , quite inherited factor in our nation. I don't see any reason that why local companies can't build even a hand gun specially when POF can make POF eye then why not an orthodox gun with the vast amount of experience they have in license building and modification of foreign products .

Even If we can give the private players a go we can surely have something from them, Its same like what happened to our UAV industry that is the private companies involved, we are not buying form them when there are dozens of models available rather still importing while paying hefty amounts . Even if the systems are not upto the mark military can communicate their requirements and may assist them financially and technically to come up with something on par. If they can build something from scratch how come they can't do anything with improvements .

My suggestion is
The K-2..
DaewooK2.jpg

Korean origin

M12s

5125940800877814490.jpg

P1010023MGCBretteM12.jpg

Italian Origin

Qbz-95

1289219014.jpg

Chinese Origin

But Most Important.. is working on our own..

Its just because of the lack of trust we have on local companies , quite inherited factor in our nation. I don't see any reason that why local companies can't build even a hand gun specially when POF can make POF eye then why not an orthodox gun with the vast amount of experience they have in license building and modification of foreign products .

Even If we can give the private players a go we can surely have something from them, Its same like what happened to our UAV industry that is the private companies involved, we are not buying form them when there are dozens of models available rather still importing while paying hefty amounts . Even if the systems are not upto the mark military can communicate their requirements and may assist them financially and technically to come up with something on par. If they can build something from scratch how come they can't do anything with improvements .

POF eye is a quality product & i completely agree with you that if we put trust in our private sector , there is no reason why we cannot have vibrant small arms industry like those of Czech Republic , Israel , Italy etc.

That is quite a self-serving and pompous statement devoid of any facts!! Let me tell you now why I would not prefer the CZ805 for Army's SMG requirement. Your basic soldier is currently trained on to use the AK-47. The Type 56 Gun from China is a nightmare for maintenance/ parts interchangeability. To buy the CZ805 would be to change the entire operating and maintenance, training philosophy of the Army. Besides, from a commercial point of view, it is an expensive weapon both in terms of operation and maintenance. Money that the Army does not have at this time. The local representative of the CZ from Czech Republic has offer a Sa vz 58 Assault Rifle (unfortunately that is no longer in production and the offered model is from a refurbished surplus pool) then to offer the Bren CZ805!

An AK-variant from the Eastern European country works better than the Chinese made Type 56 and provides little or no change in the current protocol of operating the SMG for Pakistan Army. Hence the preference for such type of a weapon.

The SMG's that have been offered are in use with the respective countries and their forces. Weapons are still in production (except maybe for the Sa vz 58 Assault Rifle made by CZ that is no longer in production) and even the special operatives and forces around the world prefer the AK-variants in 7.62x39 over their regular issue guns. So do not be too quick to write off the AK style just yet and for no reason!!

I hope CZ-805 BREN wins and corruption loses...

the worst part is that, we need a new gun in the middle of the WOT?
what was our , reserchers were doing before, no one knows about it, but one thing is sure, talibans are getting vry good new asult guns from dam nato containers?
& they are getting it free.

Beside this i am really disappointed that we have no shooters in olympics, i don't understand what military.inc is upto :sick:

Back
Top Bottom