What's new

Artillery Divisions of Pakistan Army

I have just note after your post he has posted message on his profile page

does anybody know the reason ....???

or know him outside of the forum ... ???
I saw his message on the status and I was unable to communicate with him. Sad he is gone.

I would like to read the sources for Panther howitzer and the total number M-110 SPH ..... I believe you might have mistakenly added their numbers

Sir, Thanks for the feedback. I got the info from wiki & military factory regarding users of these howitzers, however, the numbers might not be correct. I will cross check though.

A tabulation of Arty pieces received over the years by Pakistan from various sources:

upload_2020-6-24_9-48-41.png

None of the 500 M109 SP HOW on active duty? I think not. Or you meant for the Panter?
YES, Panter! The M109's form the back bone of our artillery/howitzer force sir.

We have one Panter sitting at School of Artillery-Nowshera. Not part of the course anymore and not being used anywhere. We initially planned to buy 72 of those and a trial order of 12 guns was also placed, 60 were to be made by HIT. I am not sure if any more were even delivered but i am sure that no other Panter is part of any unit. Just the one gun at Nowshera.

Also, now this don't make much sense but in case of Pakistan which have no extra cash to thrown around, the experience with Panter have been the main hindrance in Pakistan exploring any more Turkish artillery options like the Turkish version of Korean K-9, the T-155 Firtina.

Back
Top Bottom