What's new

Arundhati says Cong is double-faced on Maoists

KS

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Arundhati says Cong is double-faced on Maoists

Mumbai: Arundhati Roy has hit out at the Congress saying the party is double-faced on the Maoist issue even as reports gather steam about the possible use of Army against the rebels.

"Army being called against Maoists? This is the militarisation of democracy. We should all be aware that within the Congress there is a division of labour. Rahul and Sonia Gandhi are the good guys, and Manmohan Singh and P Chidambaram are bad guys. But there is consensus beneath all this. The government's strategy is if you can't wipe them out then buy them out," Arundhati said at a press gathering organised by Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights (CPDR) in Mumbai on Wednesday.

Defence Minister AK Antony had a 90 minute meeting with the three defence chiefs about the use of armed forces against Maoists on Tuesday. But the final decision will be taken by the Union Cabinet. Currently, the Army is training the CRPF personnel on how to tackle the Maoists, while Air Force is helping in logistical operations.

Antony had hinted of a possible use of armed forces at the NDA passing out parade in Khadakvaskla on Monday.

Arundhati had also blamed the government for exposing the tribals to the threat by rebels following the May 17 attack by Maoists on a civilian bus in Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh in which at least 41 people including civilians were killed.

She has been leading the movement against the Government's offensive against Naxals saying that their demands are genuine and the authorities should focus on the grievances of the tribals to solve the problem.

The Booker Prize winner also wants the Government to start peace talks with the rebels, stop Operation Green Hunt and resettle people rendered homeless in the Naxal-infested areas of the country.

Source - Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody hippie....how much i hope that she was in the the train that was de-railed by those terrorists..:angry:

She even has the cold-blooded audacity to blame the Govt for the violence unleashed by the Terrorists.:hitwall:

she's a f...ing hypocrite...now where was the so called human rights champion when innocent civilians were murdered by Maoists by derailing the train....why didnt she come out and condemn those acts...i think she's on maoists payroll...:angry:

when was the last time aurandati travelled by train????????

This ****** needs publicity nothing else.

Why would she been in news if she would have condemned it like other sane people

She's a terrorism supporter, and hence has a large fan following in India's neighborhood.

Debate on the issue rather than lashing at her personally.

sorry, I disagree with you.

she has crossed her limits, she is supporting terrorists who are killing innocent civilians in my country.

lets say if someone attacks your family without any reason and I apreciate him, how will you react ?? (sorry,but no offence intended, try understand the dangerous work she is now encouraging).

No mate...ITS NOT THE ISSUE HERE THAT MATTERS.

Its here innate cold-blooded ness, her hypocrisy, her starvation for self-publicity and her stubborn refusal to see the reality on the ground that matters here.:frown:

But dont you think our time to be utilised on the main core issue she has put forward rather than calling her dog, hypocrite etc etc.. thats not what we are.. lets just focus on her points and do the counter points and have a good discussion rather than war crys which people do in most threads when someone does something or say something which they dont like.

Well i dont support her and my person opinion is that maoists have done enough damage and they should be eliminated. But debating about the roots of this menace and hearing all views makes it a sensible debate.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i dont support her and my person opinion is that maoists have done enough damage and they should be eliminated. But debating about the roots of this menace and hearing all views makes it a sensible debate.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

YouTube - Devil's Advocate :: 1/5 :: Arundhati Roy :: 'Indian Democracy In A State Of Emergency'

YouTube - Devil's Advocate ::2/5:: Arundhati Roy :: 'Indian Democracy In A State Of Emergency'

YouTube - Devil's Advocate ::3/5:: Arundhati Roy :: 'Indian Democracy In A State Of Emergency'

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

YouTube - Devil's Advocate ::4/5:: Arundhati Roy :: 'Indian Democracy In A State Of Emergency'

YouTube - Devil's Advocate ::5/5:: Arundhati Roy :: 'Indian Democracy In A State Of Emergency' !

Much to the abusive language of Indians about her or about the Maoists, the Indian Government thinks otherwise about the maoists and they dont want to initiate any operation against them.

So why dont you suggest some solution to the problem instead of shooting the messenger.

ok,but debate is left here to be discussed brother ???
we have been discussing her and this issue sinc the firt time the maoist attacked and since the first time she supported them..

here the thread title says arundati lauds maoist..if thats the topic lemme tell you , even i wanted a serious debate when she was supporting maoists when they did not attack innocent civillians..that does make atlease a sense enough that we should consider listening to her...

but now..she is applauding them even when the civiluians are being killed..lets for a moment forget the crpf in dantewada killings..what about the bus bomb blast ?? what about the viillagers burnt alive ??/ what about the Rail derailment ??? hunderd people killed including childern..what have they done ???
Isnt arundati aware of these incidents ?? then why the support ??? no even condemnation of killings these ladies and children...

Back
Top Bottom