What's new

Arundhati says Cong is double-faced on Maoists

There are some ppl who believe in my way or highway kinda thinking and No I am not talking abt govt or chidambaram.

Ppl like AR and some members are portraying corporates as evil incarnation. They convenientle look away at proposals like this too.
In Lohandiguda, Tata Steel says it has agreed to all but one of 13 conditions laid down by affected villagers for selling their land. Besides cash, Tata says villagers will be given “land for land”, skills training and the promise of a job to one member of every affected household.

After 5 years there prj is still stuck.

There are some ppl who believe in my way or highway kinda thinking and No I am not talking abt govt or chidambaram.

Ppl like AR and some members are portraying corporates as evil incarnation. They convenientle look away at proposals like this too.

After 5 years there prj is still stuck.

yeah exactly mate....i have bhilai and Jamshedpur with my own eyes.
The way they changed it ..once ur inside them u dont know ur in Bihar

Theses leftist intellectuals (????) think that anything corporate is evil.
It is as ridiculous as saying anything that walks with 4 legs is a dog.
Actually it is the state moniopoly we should all fear for the inefficieny,corruption created due to them.

I am at loss at the purpose that you are trying to advocate Sir. You say that you do not advocate the carnage that the maoists are spreading against the state forces and civilians in various ways like derailing trains, blasting mines, chopping heads or sometimes if the victims are lucky, simple murders.

Now how do you propose that this voilence be addressed and please propose the alternative operation whatever hunt or non-hunt that you think will do the job.

Either the state takes a firm stand to first let these criminals know that the nation means business or we just let some more dantewadas happen till the pacifists see the truth. But my point with the waitiing is that why should we put a lesser premium on the life of a soldier than we are putting on these rag tag criminals? What is the fault of that poor son of a farmer who believed in our system and is out there fighting for our thankless souls that we even abandon him and wait till there are enough dead before we start giving these criminals their due?

EXactly exactly exactly....hit the nail rite thu the forehead..

Why are we abandoning the brave sons in favour of these criminals..?

And how much more we r willing to sacrifice?

Now why would you say that? If it was the objective of the government to go and kill anything and everything that moves in that region then do you expect that Chidambaram would have been waiting and advocating tolerance as he is doing today. Do you really think that it will take more than a few days for the Army or even the Para Military to run thru this bunch of goondas if they are given a free hand to do so?

What is hurting these activists is not that they will not be allowed to be close to their dear tribals. What is hurting them more is that they are being weeded out of the region because they are unwanted. And I agree with this approach. The first step has to be to deliver a telling blow to the naxals so that the tribals have an alternative in the government. Today they do not and if we want to create even an iota of the opportunity for the developments of the tribals to happen then first we need to weed out this bunch of benevolent individuals who are running with the hares and hunting with the hounds.

U stole the words right out of my mouth.....:agree:

yeah exactly mate....i have bhilai and Jamshedpur with my own eyes.
The way they changed it ..once ur inside them u dont know ur in Bihar

Theses leftist intellectuals (????) think that anything corporate is evil.
It is as ridiculous as saying anything that walks with 4 legs is a dog.
Actually it is the state moniopoly we should all fear for the inefficieny,corruption created due to them.
Its shame that we need to discuss all this. Yes the lives of village tribes are pathetic and it will remain so for long time until people like AR is there.
Where these people are there that place remains a graveyard, and that seems to be amusing for her.
(Hey You U just posted only ten posts, according to the quote it should be 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!)

@Asim Aquil , You my friend is the one having a pathetic level of intellect..so no need to go personal.. If she supports terrorism she deserves all the Abuse..

If TTP attacks your family and then someone start supporting TTP what would you do ?
So..Mind your language when your opening your big mouth :hitwall:

There is a reason why these guys are called delusional. Completely oblivious of space and time.

Criticism for romanticising Naxalism notwithstanding, Booker Prize winning author Arundhati Roy has justified the armed resistance by Maoists and dared the authorities to arrest her for supporting their cause.

While claiming that she does not support violence, the 48-year-old author-activist feels that the Naxal movement could be nothing but an armed struggle as the Gandhian way would not have been successful in the present context.

"The Naxal movement could be nothing but an armed struggle. I am not supporting violence. But I am also completely against contemptuous atrocities-based political analysis," she said delivering a lecture on 'The War on People' organised by the Committee for Protection of Democratic Rights here late last night.

"It ought to be an armed movement. Gandhian way of opposition needs an audience, which is absent here. People have debated long before choosing this form of struggle," Roy, who had saluted the "people of Dantewada" after 76 CRPF and police personnel were mowed down by Moists in the deadliest attack targeting security forces, said.

"I am on this side of line. I do not care...Pick me up, put me in jail," she asserted.

While terming the naxalite violence as a corollary to the battle between the tribals and corporate houses to gain control over natural resources like minerals, water and forests, she said, "While 99% of Maoists are tribals, 99% of tribals are not Maoists."

"What the government calls Maoists corridor, is in fact MoU-ist corridor. You have an MoU on every mountain, river...MoUs signed by biggest corporations in the world who are waiting to gain hold of the resources," Roy said.

Explaining the economics behind iron ore mining, Arundhati quoting from Lokayukta's report said, while the government earns Rs 24 per tonne, the mining company gets Rs 5,000.

"Here we have the poorest, most malnourished waging a war against the corporates supported by all the institutions of world's biggest democracy. To a large extent, they have won in stopping the mighty coporates in their tracks," she said adding "If we join them, we can make them win this war."

They have a history of resistance which predates Mao. They were always armed...They are just using those bows and arrows against sophisticated weapons of security forces deployed by the government to crush their movement, she said.

Roy also clarified her reported remarks glorifying Maoists as "Gandhians with Guns".

"I never called them Gandhians with guns. It was a blurb carried by a magazine. What I meant was that they (Naxals) are more Gandhian than any other Gandhian.

The writer also slammed the media for alleged lack of transparency in their dealings.

"Earlier, politicians had to pay for good coverage. Now, they have to pay to ensure that they do not get bad coverage. Good coverage is extra fees," Roy said and demanded that media houses declare their all sources of revenue.

I Don't Care, Pick Me Up, Put Me in Jail: Arundhati Roy

I think that the governments demands for talks are totally justified. Lay down arms, then we can talk about peace.. Her personal attacks on PAC and MMS are totally uncalled for.. This public exultation after Dantewada is just sick.. Maybe she should stick to writing books(nothing to write home about either) rather than issues that she knows S*** about. The problem may be deeper that:

"Narcissistic Personality Disorder - An individual with this disorder is in love with himself/herself, and has little positive regard for others other than in a superficial manner. They tend to be grandiose in how they present themselves, and tend to demand admiration from others.They believe they are special and deserve special treatment, regardless of the problems this creates for others. They readily take advantage of others, and tend to be quite arrogant. In actuality, they are very sensitive, and tend to not be able to tolerate any criticism or negative feedback. They usually seek treatment because they are frustrated in getting what they want. However, they often do not seek treatment, because they perceive everyone else as causing the problems, not themselves."

Personality Disorders

I wonder why people always tend to look at communists as a bad influence. What they want is equitable growth and equal distribution of wealth. Maoists are an off shoot of this communist group.

A question to all you anti maoists. All of you know the speed of bureaucracy in India. You know the Delays/bribes/kickbacks and other kind of Bureaucratic Appeasements happening for tasks as mundane as getting a ration card/driving license to something as important as national defence (MRCA Selection). Even if you are a Tax paying Upper middle class guy, you have to oil his hands with moolah to get your work done. And you are going to do the same. PAy the money and get the work done. That is to say, that you, inspite of being a college educated tax paying citizen, are forced to get your work done in a dishonest way. Imagine the plight of Adivasis/tribals and these poverty struck forest dwelling, technology less, illiterate people. Do you think that the compensations promised by the Government are enough to meet their needS? Irrespective of the gap between what is lost and what is being compensated, do you think that the paltry compensation reaches the impacted people fully?

Let me enumerate the points for simpler understanding.
1) No education
2) No represenataion in Government
3) No access to Wealth
4) Only wealth of Forest/rivers being plundered
5) Only way of livelihood getting systematically destroyed..
6) Basically you are pushed to a corner...

In such a case, what kind of an approach would you take? Pushed to a corner, wont your instincts be to fight. The Government has to give up a lot to bring these hounded people to the table to talks.

1) No education
3) No access to Wealth

In such a case, what kind of an approach would you take? Pushed to a corner, wont your instincts be to fight. The Government has to give up a lot to bring these hounded people to the table to talks.

Please distinguish between tribals and Maoists.

Maoists are just an insane bunch who have hijacked the cause of the tribals for their own lust for power.

And does the points justify killing hundreds of civilians in the name of revolution..?
Can u remember how many telephone towers,schools,hospitals were blown up bu these Maoists...?
Yes everyone agrees that the govt has neglected the tribals for 60 years.But that in no way justifies the violence of the Maoists.

For development to take place the Maoists must first be finished.
Then the govt along with the concerned corporated like TATA should take proper steps for bringing in the tribals to the mainstream.

everything is not black and white. Violence is to be abhorred. That the maoists have resorted to violence is bad. But dont assume for a minute that the corporates and the Government of India lack only the pearly wings that befit an angel. I assume you must have seen enough Amitabh movies, old Vijayaganth movies. Even if 0.1 percent is true, you know what will happen to the tribals.

I wonder why people always tend to look at communists as a bad influence. What they want is equitable growth and equal distribution of wealth. Maoists are an off shoot of this communist group.

A question to all you anti maoists. All of you know the speed of bureaucracy in India. You know the Delays/bribes/kickbacks and other kind of Bureaucratic Appeasements happening for tasks as mundane as getting a ration card/driving license to something as important as national defence (MRCA Selection). Even if you are a Tax paying Upper middle class guy, you have to oil his hands with moolah to get your work done. And you are going to do the same. PAy the money and get the work done. That is to say, that you, inspite of being a college educated tax paying citizen, are forced to get your work done in a dishonest way. Imagine the plight of Adivasis/tribals and these poverty struck forest dwelling, technology less, illiterate people. Do you think that the compensations promised by the Government are enough to meet their needS? Irrespective of the gap between what is lost and what is being compensated, do you think that the paltry compensation reaches the impacted people fully?

1) No education
3) No access to Wealth

What are the factors politically that have played a role in Indian govt's mishandling of this issue over the decades ?

What are the factors politically that have played a role in Indian govt's mishandling of this issue over the decades ?

well u can compare with TTP in pakistan whenever they not causing any harm to pakistan GoP have no problem with them but now conditions are changed

well u can compare with TTP in pakistan whenever they not causing any harm to pakistan GoP have no problem with them but now conditions are changed

NO TTP is totally different issue. They have never been political entity.

They are just recent phenomenon and above all they have many foreign funding friends though for their own bigger strategic goals.

TTP people are linked with al-qaeda too whereas Maoists struggle or movement whatever you call it was never based on advocating religious self-made ideology .

Indians themselves accept that their struggle started from demands for social alleviating which turned violent mainly due to Indian govt's apathy towards solving their problems.

But as its your internal matter so if you think Maoists are terrorists like TTP people then why dont you start an operation against them ?

But as its your internal matter so if you think Maoists are terrorists like TTP people then why dont you start an operation against them ?

because of our M* F* politicians

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom