What's new

As households save less, India's growth story may not have happy ending

Except for early 2000s - private sector never invests in india. they are only there to move the money out of india. This is especially true of indian corporate sector.

indian small business sectors do invest - but their back was broken by rss brahmins through demonetization because they couldnt bear that muslims and other castes are getting wealtheir through enterprise. They like corporates which are dominated by brahmin-banias.

The other source is govt - which does invest but a lot is lost in redtape and bureacracy.

Only a kanglu fencejumper subhomo-bakchodian chimp will have the confidence to repeatedly claim this shit which even a creature with IQ less than an earthworm wouldn't dare to :lol:.

Do jodi chaddi kya seel di or ye fudakne Lage hai bsdwale 😂.

lol neither I expect subhuman poojeets to understand what that means. Even a chaiwala can keep you lot under delusions. :lol:

The writer (who happens to be from India) is talking about long term trends in savings rates (which dictate the long term financial health of a nation).

You can have a party on borrowed money for a while (giving first world semblances to a third-world economy), but when the money runs out, party also stops.

Then all kinds of other financial problems also start to appear. Largest of which is a tumble in GDP growth rates.

I am not saying this.

This is coming from Mihir Baboo - a respected economist from India.

@Species bhai, would you agree?

Poojeets are traditionally cheap, used to having low-calorie diet, wearing older clothes for longer periods. When you see even lower rate of savings, you can rest assured their economy is not doing well.

Last edited:
An increase in wages is not guaranteed. Inflation lately has gone crazy too - as evident globally.

Increases in inflation means spending power (and consumption) will be curtailed severely. This is already being observed all across India.

There are many forces which act against wage increases (such as competition from other wage-starved countries, for example), for the same value addition work done. The fact that India has so far kept certain sectors (such as Backoffice) for itself does not guarantee future situations and changes.

The more Indian economy gets connected to the world economy (like China), the more true it is.

People bring facts and figures out of their *** these days it seems. Simple googling would have avoided to make one look like such looser & whiner.

1696483790765.png

Last edited:
People bring facts and figures out of their *** these days it seems. Simple googling would have avoided to make one look like such looser whiner.

View attachment 958319
Lungis have nothing to do with facts and info, no wonder good only for chaddi stitching.

lol neither I expect subhuman poojeets to understand what that means. Even a chaiwala can keep you lot under delusions. :lol:
Okay fencejumper bangujeet, now stop seething and stick to stitching underwears to run your shithole :lol:.
Poojeets are traditionally cheap, used to having low-calorie diet, wearing older clothes for longer periods. When you see even lower rate of savings, you can rest assured their economy is not doing well.
Hilsakhors donning lungis be talkin bout fashion with claims out of his smelly posterior talking about Indian economy's health while having a begging bowl for the IMF :rofl:.

People bring facts and figures out of their *** these days it seems. Simple googling would have avoided to make one look like such looser & whiner.

View attachment 958319

I don't know where this data is from, but seems weird to me. How many people here think that during peak of COVID, median wage increase in the country was 8-10%?
ILO wage report for 2022-23 says a very different story - I will just add the relevant bit.

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 12.05.35 PM.png

This is real wage, so adjusted to inflation. And this actually looks more feasible as it shows less growth since 2019.

I don't know where this data is from, but seems weird to me. How many people here think that during peak of COVID, median wage increase in the country was 8-10%?
ILO wage report for 2022-23 says a very different story - I will just add the relevant bit.

View attachment 958326

This is real wage, so adjusted to inflation. And this actually looks more feasible as it shows less growth since 2019.

The figures are from WTW data..

It does show that there is a decline in rate of increase from 2019 till 2021.

2019 = 9.9%
2020 = 7.5%
2021 = 8.5%
2022 = 9.8%
2023 = 10% (Projected)

BTW, in case people do not know what is real wage index from your chart, here it is,

Real wage rate = (Nominal wage rate in current year/ CPI in current year) x 100%.

So if its above 100% in a particular year, that means wage rate is more than the CPI. Hope this helps to understand the topic in hand.

Last edited:
The figures are from WTW data..

It does show that there is a decline of rate of increase from 2019 till 2021.

2019 = 9.9%
2020 = 7.5%
2021 = 8.5%
2022 = 9.8%
2023 = 10% (Projected)

BTW, in case people do not know what is real wage index from your chart, here it is,

Real wage rate = (Nominal wage rate in current year/ CPI in current year) x 100%.

So if its above 100% in a particular year, that means wage increase is more than the CPI. Hope this helps to understand the topic in hand.

Thanks for the providing the source.

View attachment 958319

You pulled it out of not your nether regions, but Modi's. We found the bhakt idiot who put out this garbage,

Amol Bengali
Head of Marketing – South East Asia and India
WTW

You think anyone believes this garbage Godi Media and their sucker companies put out?

Inflation going up all over the world and decreasing in India?

And salaries increasing 10% every effing year? Only a moron would believe this - and no surprise, most bhakts are.

Dhokeybaaj idiots ! Next !!

Last edited:
You pulled it out of not your nether regions, but Modi's.

You think anyone believes this garbage Godi Media and their sucker companies put out?

Inflation going up all over the world and decreasing in India?

And salaries increasing 10% every effing year? Only a moron would believe this - and no surprise, most bhakts are.

Dhokeybaaj idiots ! Next !!

These aren't meant for chaddi stitchers & cab drivers.. Have you gone through the ILO's chart published by @StraightEdge & my subsequent add on.. I know its a hard for your kind to comprehend economic or technical discussions, but still give it a try rather than indulging in typical lungi traits of abusive vocabulary when one has nothing substantial to say (How could they?).

Or, have you not heard about ILO too??

I believe anyone living and working in India knows what is happening with wage rates vis-a-vis inflation, That's enough for me.

P.S.: Cannot tolerate bullcrap anymore. Hence ignored from now on.

It is hard to predict the future with respect to tech innovation and it's impact on the economy and the country's productivity. US is by far the most productive nation on earth. India with it's huge population burden, can only strive to follow their lead and come close to fill the gap.

In case of India, with vast labor force at its disposal, it's technology adoption at rapid pace, heavy investment in infrastructure and emphasis on education and science, future looks bright , if only we can integrate diverse engines of growth, work together as one nation, provide inclusive progress.

You are absolutely right, too many ifs and buts.

Future will only look bright for India if any of those factors marked in bold even take place, which are more guaranteed not to occur rather than come true. There are so many arguments against these, rather than for.

For starters, Modi's planned efforts of Muslim oppression and implementation of Hindu Rashtra will provide plenty of fuel for dissent and even violent dissent, upturning stability and investments.

You think this Hindu Rashtra thing will go down so easy? Just watch how riots and instability affects the Indian economy.

Every Indian citizen except a Kool-Aid drinker bhakt knows this.

Last edited:
India is only investing in capital intensive industries like oil refinery to resell Russian oil which hardly generates any jobs. Once the global oil transactions normalize, their filthy shithole will start to crumble.

Most of the people in their shithole are yet to recover from the COVID shock and these subhuman poojeets are just too dumb to even realize. Their per capita consumption level is now around half that of Bangladesh despite the latter facing an economic crisis itself.
Most people have forgotten covid. Economy is back on track.

These aren't meant for chaddi stitchers & cab drivers.. Have you gone through the ILO's chart published by @StraightEdge & my subsequent add on.. I know its a hard for your kind to comprehend economic or technical discussions, but still give it a try rather than indulging in typical lungi traits of abusive vocabulary when one has nothing substantial to say (How could they?).

Or, have you not heard about ILO too??

I believe anyone living and working in India knows what is happening with wage rates vis-a-vis inflation, That's enough for me.

P.S.: Cannot tolerate bullcrap anymore. Hence ignored from now on.

My my - we engage in a lot of perceived intellectual superiority, don't we? :lol:

Putting down people makes the insecure heart feel cozy. :-)

If hapless Modi could even provide chaddi stitching jobs - he'd consider it a "vedic achiewmenn!" As if India is so much more suited to semiconductor production....

Most people have forgotten covid. Economy is back on track.

Economy is only temporarily back on track after Covid. When you hit bottom - there is nowhere to go but up. I was surprised the growth did not hit double digits. It's called base effect. Just watch what happens in the next few quarters.

Last edited:
You are absolutely right, too many ifs and buts.

Future will only look bright for India if any of those factors marked in bold even take place, which are more guaranteed not to occur rather than come true. There are so many arguments against these, rather than for.

For starters, Modi's planned efforts of Muslim oppression and implementation of Hindu Rashtra will provide plenty of fuel for dissent and even violent dissent, upturning stability and investments.

You think this Hindu Rashtra thing will go down so easy? Just watch how riots and instability affects the Indian economy.

Every Indian citizen except a Kool-Aid drinker bhakt knows this.
You bring everything happening to least common denominator ie Hindu vs Muslim animosity. Our growth includes major contributions from our muslim and other minorities too. We are growing inspite of fissures that seam to rip us apart. That is beauty of our secular society.

You bring everything happening to least common denominator ie Hindu vs Muslim animosity. Our growth includes major contributions from our muslim and other minorities too. We are growing inspite of fissures that seam to rip us apart. That is beauty of our secular society.

Chaltey Raho - Hindu Muslim Bhai Bhai.

Feed each other Siwaiya and Firni....

Your Modi-Bhakts here would disagree.

Hilsakhors donning lungis be talkin bout fashion with claims out of his smelly posterior talking about Indian economy's health while having a begging bowl for the IMF :rofl:.

Hilsakhor? Are you trolling yourself poojeet? As if you subhuman coolies can even afford 50gram of Hilsa... lol

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom