What's new

Asad Umar: inflation will peak in next few months and then start going down

Keh khushi se Mar na jate agar aitebar hota.
Still: fingers crossed!

How does it look like a dream... do you have figures to back your claim or just shooting from your backside like 99% of endians?

You have an increase from 3.94 Trillion to 5.5 trillion. That is a 40% increase. Can you give me one instance in history where a govt has been able to increase revenue by 40% in one year. That too when the economy is in doldrums. You can see the state of your economy by the way your auto industry is shrinking.

Last edited:
We are in this situation because we deserve it.
We destroyed our institutions. We supported every legislation targeting a part or parts of Pakistani fabric. We voted for the people just based on local languages. We oppressed people in legal ways. We slapped people for just performing their duties.
We are the people who ask for Allah's wrath day and night by our doings, and yet we expect Allah's blessings by just prayers.

Imran Khan is just a loud speaker. Sincere, honest but an incapable person. Pakistan requires a better class of overall driving force.

I didn't say anything to pti or imran khan.nawaz left dollar on 125. Now it's above 150. Only person to blame is Asad umar.it is his policies and his mental condition which proved to be costly.imf talks stalled two times under his command.he is behind real worry,real problems.previous governments were all corrupt.

Even at dollar 160 we are struggling to increasing exports

Inflated prices of so many commodities maxe it impossible to export without subsidies

We need to increase use of technology in multiple sectors to improve productivity to increase exports
I didn't say anything to pti or imran khan.nawaz left dollar on 125. Now it's above 150. Only person to blame is Asad umar.it is his policies and his mental condition which proved to be costly.imf talks stalled two times under his command.he is behind real worry,real problems.previous governments were all corrupt.

Former finance minister and PTI leader Asad Umar on Tuesday said that according to his assessment inflation rates would peak in the next two to four months.

What the poor folk will understand from that statement is that inflation will continue to increase further for the next few months, at least.

Inflation cannot be controlled and as time goes on it tends to speed up. This idiot thinks he can so casually predict and control something more accomplished nations have always struggled with.
This is the most incorrect and idiotic statement on pdf ever. Inflation is not bad per se and it will only speed up if left uncorrected and uncontrolled. "More accomplished nations" do not "always" struggle with inflation and unlike developing nations are far more likely adjust interest rates to keep the inflation as set in their targets. Inflation is welcomed because it assures that the economy is working and not slipping into a recession -which "more accomplished nations" fear the most.

The question is how was the dollar at 124 and now above 150. This has been answered countless times but I will remind you again- BY BORRROWING. Borrowing has a threshold limit after which the lenders fear that they will not get back their money. Pakistan had reached that limit. We had no foreign reserves when PMLN government left- they were all borrowings. No person is to be blamed more than perhaps you at least try to get an education.

This is the most incorrect and idiotic statement on pdf ever. Inflation is not bad per se and it will only speed up if left uncorrected and uncontrolled. "More accomplished nations" do not "always" struggle with inflation and unlike developing nations are far more likely adjust interest rates to keep the inflation as set in their targets. Inflation is welcomed because it assures that the economy is working and not slipping into a recession -which "more accomplished nations" fear the most.

Tell me again why the price of gold is the same as it was thousands of years ago. Oh yeah you can't print more of it. I just checked the prices in different nations I have lived in 5 years ago. Sa

The question is how was the dollar at 124 and now above 150. This has been answered countless times but I will remind you again- BY BORRROWING. Borrowing has a threshold limit after which the lenders fear that they will not get back their money. Pakistan had reached that limit. We had no foreign reserves when PMLN government left- they were all borrowings. No person is to be blamed more than perhaps you at least try to get an education.

Tell me please oh wise one how inflation benefits a currency in the long run. Why do ppl from more inflationary currencies move to more stable ones? Do you know anything about public confidence in money? They print money to pay off debts. Calling it QE. That's about it. Inflation is a side effect. And it can never be controlled. They try to mitigate it. But it's all conjecture. They is no 100% guaranteed mechanism to control inflation. If there is please tell Venezuela. Even the USA has failed to bring inflation down. It just tries to slow the eventual worthlessness of the dollar.

Last edited:
Inflation cannot be controlled and as time goes on it tends to speed up. This idiot thinks he can so casually predict and control something more accomplished nations have always struggled with.
Meanwhile the previous idiot artificially kept the dollar down to bring us into our current predicament.

Okay, our imports have come down considerably but ours exports haven't grown at all that is a worrying sign.

Tell me again why the price of gold is the same as it was thousands of years ago. Oh yeah you can't print more of it. I just checked the prices in different nations I have lived in 5 years ago. Sa

Tell me please oh wise one how inflation benefits a currency in the long run. Why do ppl from more inflationary currencies move to more stable ones? Do you know anything about public confidence in money? They print money to pay off debts. Calling it QE. That's about it. Inflation is a side effect. And it can never be controlled. They try to mitigate it. But it's all conjecture. They is no 100% guaranteed mechanism to control inflation. If there is please tell Venezuela. Even the USA has failed to bring inflation down. It just tries to slow the eventual worthlessness of the dollar.

You are still spewing nonsense. What do you mean USA has failed to bring down inflation? Their current rate is 1.65% against a target of 2.00%. They have recently cut rates to increase inflation. Economies do not encourage or aim to reduce inflation to 0.00% because they fear recession more. Moderate levels of inflation signal a healthy demand and a thus a growing economy. The general phenomena is that as demand increases with a given output the prices increase due to more money chasing limited output. In well functioning market this should signal the producers to increase output. This is a persistent adjustment one that is often support by manipulation of consumption/savings tradeoff through interest rates. Of course inflation can be cost led which is observed whenever the price of oil increase. Countries that are less diversified, sell generalized products etc. are more susceptible to such changes.

The fact that you bring the name of the country that was not interested in managing its economy -failed to diversify its output, mismanaged its surplus funds and now is sanctioned with its local producers limiting output to pile up on the inflation as means of blackmail, speaks volumes of your ignorance on the matter.

Currencies do not have inflation but countries do. I would sure like to know what is rate of inflation in Euro.

You are also wrong about "public confidence in money"...there is no such thing. There is however "public confidence in the economy". When an economy performs badly it is susceptible to flight of capital. The country must adjust its rate of exchange to deter such movement. During the Argentinian Crisis, in effort to present as if nothing was wrong the Arg. gov maintained a high dollar peg resulting in huge capital outflows and drained out their foreign reserves. By the time they changed it, the damage had already been done.

Lastly I cannot stress enough to please get an education it is never too late to learn.

Back
Top Bottom