What's new

Asia Cup 2010 Sri Lanka

so it is Pakistan vs India tomorrow

i think we need a seperate thread for this match :)

What say?

‘I’m fit, will play against India’

DAMBULLA: Pakistani cricket team Captain Shahid Afridi said Friday that he is physically fit and will play the crucial match of Asia Cup against arch rival India.

While talking to media representative in Dambulla, Shahid Afridi said that he is fit enough to play against India.

“The team is anxiously waiting to play against India," said Afridi. "The players will have to perform responsibly in order to secure victory.”

Captain Shahid Afridi said that Malinga dashed Pakistan hopes of winning by giving his smashing bowling performance in the previous match of the series against Sri Lanka. SAMAA

Shahid Afridi aside, Pakistan fans have much to worry about in today’s crucial Asia Cup clash against arch-rivals India – and the hideous green that the eleven will take the field in is the least of their worries.

These teams have played only one One-Day International (ODI) since their 2008 Asia Cup clash in Karachi where Pakistan prevailed in a high-scoring encounter. The two sides last met at Centurion in the 2009 Champions Trophy where Pakistan came out on top again, this time courtesy a Malik 128.

However, an all-too-familiar batting collapse spurred on Pakistan’s new captain Shahid Afridi but cramps, and a moment of brilliance, sealed their fate in the tournament-opener against hosts Sri Lanka – a 16-run loss. The young duo of debutants Shahzaib Hasan and Umar Amin consumed 59 deliveries for 18 runs but it was the failure of vice-captain Salman Butt, with a dropped catch to his name, and the returning Shoaib Malik that hurt Pakistan most.

While Shoaib Akhtar delivered a content performance – picking up three wickets in the process – playing back-to-back matches will determine his level of fitness and his chances for the tour of England. There may also be a return of Saeed Ajmal to the playing eleven following his omission on Tuesday.

India, on the other hand, looked convincing and a shadow of their poor self that lost consecutive matches to Zimbabwe in the tri-nation series. A magical over from Virender Sehwag – three wickets in six balls – and a composed 82 from opener Gautam Gambhir ensured a six-wicket thumping of Bangladesh, despite a top-order stutter that saw Sehwag, Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma score an aggregate of 22.

Much, again, will be riding on Afridi’s performance in the field with Pakistan placed in a must-win situation.

SL almost in finals...........
PAK team should win today with bonus point if they want to be in finalz.........

Todays game will descide the top 2 teams of the tournament

Last edited:
what today india is playing against pak,i am on bed from yesterday night due to the shock german defeat,now i got something to recover:yahoo:

I am all ready with two bottles Of red Wine to control my emotions and A bottle of Scotch to Control my emotions after I have a glass of Wine:undecided:....

Bring it on.... I am supporting my all time , Rawalpindi Express Vs NAWAB OF NAJAFGARH

India All out 87 runs...
Shoaib Akhtar 7-10

Mark my words...

Pakistan bats first after winning the toss.

Pakistan have brought in an extra spinner, Saeed Ajmal replacing Mohammad Asif. Also Shahzaib Hasan makes way for Imran Farhat. India go in unchanged.

lol we'll see who will be invincible.... ;)

The one & only PAKISTAN

The best will be decided on 19th of this month India v Pakistan at Dambulla.

This cup belongs to BD!!!

2 Greens Looks Cool

Match is fixed, India is losing on 19th against PAK

i think, I go for Pakistan.

This Cup is for Pakistan.
We will WIN.....
yeah I am too exited.... and dying to see Indo-Pak match..... INSHA'ALLAH Pakistan will beat India.....

India All out 87 runs...
Shoaib Akhtar 7-10

Mark my words...

burnol.jpg

^^^ This should help.

GB

Well, the match pretty exciting. Indo-Pak rivalry at its best. Well played India and Pakistan!

However, I was a bit disappointed with the behavior of Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Akhtar. But then, I didn't have high expectation anyways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom