What's new

Assam violence death toll rises to 21, shoot-at-sight order issued

Its not about being Hindus or not, it shows the bigot hiding behind the facade of a liberal who is extremely intolerant to any views other that hers.

There is a common fallacy which several people have repeated. Opposing intolerance is not intolerance. Suggesting open-mindedness is not a mirror image of suggesting close-mindedness. The two are fundamentally different.

Those who advocate the superiority of Islam over any other religion are in the same frame of mind as those who advocate the superiority of Hinduism over any other religion. They are almost the same, in fact.

The test of difference is to enquire if a Muslim person accepts the validity of religions other than his own, and if a Hindu person accepts the validity of religions other than his own. If it is so, both are almost the same, but by no means are they in the category of the other two.

Tolerance is not symmetric. Broad-minded people are not the opposite of narrow-minded people. That is why there is more emotion than fact behind the recent screams of pain that were heard.

To be honest differences between Marathi and Telugu are lesser than the differences between Tamil & Telugu.

And in the border areas,languages converge in general.

I see them all not too different.

How can you say this? The grammar, the structure, the composition of sentences, all are radically different. Please look these up inw any text and satisfy yourself.

Convergence towards border areas is in terms of usage of similar nouns, languages do not change in the direction of other languages from an alien group.

I'm not sure we are on the same page.

Marathi and Bengali are different. They are also each of them different from, say, Tamil or Telugu. But the differences between Marathi and Bengali are smaller than the differences between Marathi and Tamil, or Marathi and Telugu. And the differences between Tamil and Telugu are lesser than the differences between Marathi and Telugu. The two pairs belong to different language groups. Just as Irish and Spanish are both Indo-European languages. However, you may be aware that Chinese and Korean are NOT related.

I dont understand a single word from South Indian language. But even when I visited Iran I picked few sentences with ease forget about other Indo-Aryan language group in subcontinent which I understand almost everything.

There is certainly two linguistic group in the sub continent. And even though in the eastern India there are a lot of mix between Aryan and Dravidian group of people but South India is pretty much Dravid and North West India is pretty much Aryan. Aryan and Dravidian are two races and who denies that are suffering from sever inferiority complexity for their dark skin. Haplo Group theory is BS. I only trust my eyes not Haplo Group. LOL

Its not about being Hindus or not, it shows the bigot hiding behind the facade of a liberal who is extremely intolerant to any views other that hers.

Yes, sadly these pathetic extremists pass for liberals/seculars.

This husband wife pair is particularly vicious. Totally pathetic and excitable.

-----------------------------------------------------
I am a North Indian and I can understand all Indian languages (outside of Hindi and Punjabi which are kind of native) to various degrees (very small to substantial) without having studied a single one of them.

Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi etc. are easier to understand than Tamil for sure but Kannada was easy to understand as well to a good degree, especially when people are not speaking very fast.

Having lived in South for quite some time, I see a lot of commonality in all Indian languages lurking just below the surface.

There is a common fallacy which several people have repeated. Opposing intolerance is not intolerance. Suggesting open-mindedness is not a mirror image of suggesting close-mindedness. The two are fundamentally different.

Those who advocate the superiority of Islam over any other religion are in the same frame of mind as those who advocate the superiority of Hinduism over any other religion. They are almost the same, in fact.

The test of difference is to enquire if a Muslim person accepts the validity of religions other than his own, and if a Hindu person accepts the validity of religions other than his own. If it is so, both are almost the same, but by no means are they in the category of the other two.

Tolerance is not symmetric. Broad-minded people are not the opposite of narrow-minded people. That is why there is more emotion than fact behind the recent screams of pain that were heard.

How can you say this? The grammar, the structure, the composition of sentences, all are radically different. Please look these up inw any text and satisfy yourself.

Convergence towards border areas is in terms of usage of similar nouns, languages do not change in the direction of other languages from an alien group.

In India,every language has a classical form and a colloquial form.

The classical form is spoken only those who teach the language and rest all speak the colloquial one.

Colloquial ones change as they wish.not a big deal.

Even hindi,classical textual ones and colloquial ones are so different.I have a tamil friend and he says,the easiest way to speak hindi is not to learn to read and write it,else you wont understand anyone and nor will anyone else,what you speak.

I dont understand a single word from South Indian language. But even when I visited Iran I picked few sentences with ease forget about other Indo-Aryan language group in subcontinent which I understand almost everything.

There is certainly two linguistic group in the sub continent. And even though in the eastern India there are a lot of mix between Aryan and Dravidian group of people but South India is pretty much Dravid and North West India is pretty much Aryan. Aryan and Dravidian are two races and who denies that are suffering from sever inferiority complexity for their dark skin. Haplo Group theory is BS. I only trust my eyes not Haplo Group. LOL

Your eyes?

Haha,what about your brain?

Do you know how many dark skinned people exist in North India?

Haplo Groups are everything.

You might have understood farsi because of urdu.

If you knew sanskrit words,you can figure many words of south indian languages easily.

And did you see a single person here who claimed that Hinduism is the only true religion and all other religions are false and their followers will burn in eternal hellfire for the crime of being born in that religion. As Hinduism is not a proselytizing religion and anyway the vast majority of people die in the religion they were born in, this will be effectively the position.

If no one made this claim, isn't this hypothetical?

In fact, our default view (which many enlightened beings across the world are coming to realize) is that it is absurd to think of some divine being who is so vengeful and narrow minded as to condemn the vast majority of mankind to eternal hellfire for such a crime while we also want to think of him as merciful.

That there have to be multiple paths to the divine if one exists and is really merciful as all faiths believe the divine to be.

Your eyes?

Haha,what about your brain?

Do you know how many dark skinned people exist in North India?

Haplo Groups are everything.

You might have understood farsi because of urdu.

If you knew sanskrit words,you can figure many words of south indian languages easily.

Some serious identity issues. Bangladeshis were never known for things which some of them now seem to be claiming.

Funny, isn't it, to you opposing bigotry, and the tyranny of superstition, and standing for science, modernization and rational values, is the same as bigotry?

And may I know who gave you the authority to pronounce others as "bigots" and yourself as "liberal" ? From this side of the shore I look as the liberal and you look the bigot.

Also what science, modernization have I stood against and what superstition I am pushing forth ? Dont just punch in the dark Mr.Shearer hoping to land a punch on me.

And did you see a single person here who claimed that Hinduism is the only true religion and all other religions are false and their followers will burn in eternal hellfire for the crime of being born in that religion. As Hinduism is not a proselytizing religion and anyway the vast majority of people die in the religion they were born in, this will be effectively the position.

If no one made this claim, isn't this hypothetical?

In fact, our default view (which many enlightened beings across the world are coming to realize) is that it is absurd to think of some divine being who is so vengeful and narrow minded as to condemn the vast majority of mankind to eternal hellfire for such a crime while we also want to think of him as merciful.

That there have to be multiple paths to the divine if one exists and is really merciful as all faiths believe the divine to be.

For marxists and some people among minorities, the luxury of "live and let live" is not allowed for Hindus/Dharmics under the guise of "secularism". It is always "let live even at the cost of not living".

Anyone who dares oppose that, will be branded a bigot, saffronist, RSS agent and the dozens other choice words and all efforts will be made to browbeat them. Nothing new..but it just aint working anymore.

For marxists and some people among minorities, the luxury of "live and let live" is not allowed for Hindus/Dharmics under the guise of "secularism". It is always "let live even at the cost of not living".

Anyone who dares oppose that, will be branded a bigot, saffronist, RSS agent and the dozens other choice words and all efforts will be made to browbeat them. Nothing new..but it just aint working anymore.

We need to firmly reject all such attempts. It is pathetic to see the graveyard of history by such pathetic Marxist apologists like Romila Thapar and Irfan Habib whose only purpose was to whitewash all the crimes of the invaders and make history such a boring subject for Indian students that we never even look at it.

Even in the Western world, most writing about India and Hinduism is mostly by people jaundiced with a certain mindset. We need to reject their attempts to tell us who we are and what our history and identity is. An authentic Indian scholarship on Indian history needs to emerge and be made popular.

We need to firmly reject all such attempts. It is pathetic to see the graveyard of history by such pathetic Marxist apologists like Romila Thapar and Irfan Habib whose only purpose was to whitewash all the crimes of the invaders and make history such a boring subject for Indian students that we never even look at it.

Even in the Western world, most writing about India and Hinduism is mostly by people jaundiced with a certain mindset. We need to reject their attempts to tell us who we are and what our history and identity is. An authentic Indian scholarship on Indian history needs to emerge and be made popular.
Jaundiced views of hinduism or the reality about hinduism or isit ur own jaundiced views of such scholars that you want to impose you rown jaundiced ideology driven religion/history on masses just like red book for communist comrades.:rolleyes:

ajtr,u r wrong there.

This is what is the premise. ;)

Apologists, haters, Marxists and even traitors somehow believe they get to define India and Hinduism.

As far as are are concerned: to hell with them. We couldn't care less about them and their pathetic little identity crisis driven tantrums.

This is what is the premise. ;)

Apologists, haters, Marxists and even traitors somehow believe they get to define India and Hinduism.

As far as are are concerned: to hell with them. We couldn't care less about them and their pathetic little identity crisis driven tantrums.
hinduism is not apne baap ki dukan of some self appointed protectors of hindus who want to impose their nazi inspired views of hinduism on majority of hindus.If it comes to fighting nazi hindus to protect hinduism from their devilish ideology then so be it.

hinduism is not apne baap ki dukan of some self appointed protectors of hindus who want to impose their nazi inspired views of hinduism on majority of hindus.If it comes to fighting nazi hindus to protect hinduism from their devilish ideology then so be it.

And those who enjoy the terrorist attacks on their own countrymen and gloat in it are the ones who will fight the "Nazi Hindus"?

By enjoying the murder of innocents of the country whose flag you are still displaying?

You are not even Hindu and it is Islam that needs to get rid of extremists and terror supporters like you to improve its own image. Don't get into things that have nothing to do with you.

And those who enjoy the terrorist attacks on their own countrymen and gloat in it are the ones who will fight the "Nazi Hindus"?

By enjoying the murder of innocents of the country whose flag you are still displaying?

You are not even Hindu and it is Islam that needs to get rid of extremists and terror supporters like you to improve its own image. Don't get into things that have nothing to do with you.
Wow outrage on 26/11 deaths of elites.otherwise this outrage can not be seen anywhere for the deaths of poor indians.What an irony and hypocrisy from you.

And what you know about islam???

Did you even know 'h' of Hinduism.

Chale hain hinduism ke thekedaar banane.:rolleyes:

Wow outrage on 26/11 deaths of elites.otherwise this outrage can not be seen anywhere for the deaths of poor indians.What an irony and hypocrisy from you.

What a pathetic excuse for supporting terror on your own countrymen!

And what you know about islam???

Did you even know 'h' of Hinduism.

Chale hain hinduism ke thekedaar banane.:rolleyes:

Lol. I am not here to discuss religion on this thread. Certainly not with terror supporters anyways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom