What's new

Asus Google Nexus 7 for 199 pounds

Raja.Pakistani

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am getting google nexus 7 on this website and will have pay 199 pounds after 12 month.This website even gave me free credit of 2000 pounds to spend and on my first order i will alsol get 10 percent discount . Is it good buy? has anyone got their hands on Google Nexus 7 ?

http://www.very.co.uk/asus-google-n...73217684.prd?browseToken=/b/100362,4294957818

here are some key features

7" 16M-color IPS TFT capacitive touchscreen of WXGA resolution (1280 x 800 pixels), scratch-resistant Corning glass

NVIDIA Tegra 3 chipset: quad-core 1.2GHz (1.3GHz in single-core mode) ARM Cortex-A9 processor; 1GB of RAM; ULP GeForce GPU

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

8/16 GB of built-in memory

1.2 MP front-facing camera

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot

Bluetooth; Android Beam

Standard 3.5 mm audio jack

GPS with A-GPS support; digital compass

Accelerometer and proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor

4325 mAh Li-Po battery

Hi,

Using it for last three months. Since, everyone will say good things about it, let me tell you my list of missing features :

1. Ad-hoc wifi does not work. Since you are buying the wifi version, you can connect to your wifi router, but if you need to connect to your laptop using the ad hoc network, it is not supported. It can connect to my phone hotspot though.

2. Leap wifi app is broken in android 4+. So,it is an android problem.

3. File sharing with your laptop will be pain. It is no plug and play( I use Linux). Windows may work seamlessly though I guess. Use SSH droid app.

Any more issues are welcome.

Thanks

3. File sharing with your laptop will be pain. It is no plug and play( I use Linux). Windows may work seamlessly though I guess. Use SSH droid app.

Since the Jelly Bean update, Android needs drivers installed on your computer in order to correctly transfer through a USB Cable. So there is no plug and play with Windows either.

I just use ES File Explorer or AirDroid to copy files over the home network instead. It's fast enough and you don't need to plug anything in.

Hi,

Using it for last three months. Since, everyone will say good things about it, let me tell you my list of missing features :

1. Ad-hoc wifi does not work. Since you are buying the wifi version, you can connect to your wifi router, but if you need to connect to your laptop using the ad hoc network, it is not supported. It can connect to my phone hotspot though.

2. Leap wifi app is broken in android 4+. So,it is an android problem.

Any more issues are welcome.

Thanks

What do you mean by Ad-hoc wifi?

I mean what if you use Android mobile internet as a wifi router(WiFi tethering/Mobile Ap )

I guess its easy to transfer files between android tablets and Windows laptop as i am using windows 7 and never faced any problem in connecting the android phones with PC as in usb setting you have to select USB storage

If i get wifi as well as 3g/HSDPA version of this tablet then i would have to pay 60 pounds extra

I guess its easy to transfer files between android tablets and Windows laptop as i am using windows 7 and never faced any problem in connecting the android phones with PC as in usb setting you have to select USB storage

They changed that with the new Jelly Bean update to Android.

Now you have to install drivers, which is annoying but it works. That's why I prefer to just transfer over the wireless network instead of using USB cables.

I hope they bring back the plug and play in later Android updates though.

Why are you paying 199 pounds when you can have it for less in Pakistan:

Google Nexus 7 32GB Price in Pakistan. Home Shopping

Its not less

200 pounds multiply 152=30,400

and here i have option to buy tablet now and pay for it after one year

Nexus 10 is the way to go. It beats the Ipad4 in every way.

how much is that?

i prefer 7 inches tablet though

its better to get net book than getting 10 inch tablet

Ipad is too expensive compare to tablets

They changed that with the new Jelly Bean update to Android.

Now you have to install drivers, which is annoying but it works. That's why I prefer to just transfer over the wireless network instead of using USB cables.

I hope they bring back the plug and play in later Android updates though.

I see now that's annoying..they should have kept it simple. I never used any android version above ginger bread :D

what about flash player ?:undecided:

IMHO, one of the main drawbacks I find is lack of expandable drive. Again, IMHO, very high resolutions make no difference to every day applications. Infact, they are very taxing on your processor even if it is quad core, compromising certain applications. I have seen both iPad 2 and 4 and dont really find any advantage with the so called retina display.

And since this one in particular is made by ASUS, why not go for their Transformer Prime or Infinity tablets (10" screen with pretty much the same specs - Tegra3, 16/32 GB HD, 1GB RAM, and expandable memory slots!) Pretty good bang for the buck, me says.

Also, you can simply remove the SD card and transfer files from any machine. Also as CD said, ES File Transfer app is awesome, easily transfer files on your home LAN or even your workplace!

I see now that's annoying..they should have kept it simple. I never used any android version above ginger bread :D

what about flash player ?:undecided:

Actually the Jelly Bean update is really good. :cheers:

The lack of plug and play is the only downside I can think of (and that was due to some technical issue). Everything else is amazing.

Flash player works really easily as well, I've not had any problems with it.

Actually the Jelly Bean update is really good. :cheers:

The lack of plug and play is the only downside I can think of (and that was due to some technical issue). Everything else is amazing.
T
Flash player works really easily as well, I've not had any problems with it.

i have heard that adobe stop its flash player support for any android version above ice cream which is big let down as android has this advantage over ios

IMHO, one of the main drawbacks I find is lack of expandable drive. Again, IMHO, very high resolutions make no difference to every day applications. Infact, they are very taxing on your processor even if it is quad core, compromising certain applications. I have seen both iPad 2 and 4 and dont really find any advantage with the so called retina display.

And since this one in particular is made by ASUS, why not go for their Transformer Prime or Infinity tablets (10" screen with pretty much the same specs - Tegra3, 16/32 GB HD, 1GB RAM, and expandable memory slots!) Pretty good bang for the buck, me says.

Also, you can simply remove the SD card and transfer files from any machine. Also as CD said, ES File Transfer app is awesome, easily transfer files on your home LAN or even your workplace!

well price of this tablet is much attractive than the ones you suggested..for me 32 gb is plenty of memory plus i have got 25 gb from drop box..yea may be these dual/quad core only count when you play games or do orhers heavy tasks

i have heard that adobe stop its flash player support for any android version above ice cream which is big let down as android has this advantage over ios

That's strange, I'm using Chrome browser right now on Jelly Bean and the flash is working perfectly.

I guess maybe you're talking about the stock internet browser, not Chrome. But Chrome is a thousand times better than the stock internet browser, and it is automatically built in to Jelly Bean as well.

well price of this tablet is much attractive than the ones you suggested..for me 32 gb is plenty of memory plus i have got 25 gb from drop box..yea may be these dual/quad core only count when you play games or do orhers heavy tasks

The specs of the one you want (Asus Google Nexus 7) are already more than enough to handle any application available. I would say it is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom