What's new

Attack on Hamid Mir: Geo TV declares war on ISI

Bhai koii oil waghera bhiii nikal raheiii ho oil rigs seh ya phir sirf paaaniii hi nikal rahaa haiii ? :unsure:

Phir janaab kub kushkhabri deineiii lageiii hain aaap keh Pakistani crude oil mein self-sufficient ho giyaa haiii ? :azn:
last 2-3 wells we did were sucessful - just waiting for a good news on the well which is almost finished near sindh-balochistan border- that is one rich well, our company has high hopes for it --- we have been getting some satisfactory production for other small wells, most of that supply is to Karachi ---

last 2-3 wells we did were sucessful - just waiting for a good news on the well which is almost finished near sindh-balochistan border- that is one rich well, our company has high hopes for it --- we have been getting some satisfactory production for other small wells, most of that supply is to Karachi ---

Yaaar I'm not amenable to believing that the Oil Reserves stopped at the Iranian Border; maybe we should explore more in Baluchistan !

Yaaar I'm not amenable to believing that the Oil Reserves stopped at the Iranian Border; maybe we should explore more in Baluchistan !
the problem, being faced right now is the Security -
Law & Order situation is worst in these areas, and that is the main concern for many - most of them feel secure digging up in Punjab - because Law & Order situation is good.
Local Sardars / LandLords give hard time to companies operating in balochistan and Interior sindh,

the problem, being faced right now is the Security -
Law & Order situation is worst in these areas, and that is the main concern for many - most of them feel secure digging up in Punjab - because Law & Order situation is good.
Local Sardars / LandLords give hard time to companies operating in balochistan and Interior sindh,

I had a friend working in the same industry who used to say that the two prime problems faced by us on our digs in Sindh or Baluchistan were:

(i) the lack of available labor...the people just wouldn't join up and work on a continuous basis even for the completely non-technical jobs for which we either had to bring people in from Punjab or from KP

(ii) the Sardars demanding a cut from the whole lot

I dunno how true it was but it made for a depressing thing to listen to !

Televesion Broadcast Station Operations REgulations 2012 -
Part V - 18 C
the licensee shall ensure that nothing is contained in any programme or an advertisement which is prejudicial to the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of Pakistan, ideology of Pakistan, security friendly relations with foreign states, public order or which may constitute contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offence or brings into disrepute the state institutions including armed forces
and while we are at it, do check 18 O.
PEMRA Regulations

@M-48 there you go
http://115.186.57.67/images/docs/re...dcast_Station_Operations_Regulations_2012.pdf
lol , dont worry the place am going this time, will make sure, i get a hard time , either some stray mortar from Indian side will kill me or the desert along the border ----

Thank you and I am sure you'll be Okay,devils live long. . :angel:

That definition means something only if it can be shown how Geo's coverage fits the description.
and finally i found it :D ---- though i dont approve of this whole footage but for the sake discussion , you can watch it from 5:00 onwards, and it even gets better at 7:30

and btw there is more vto this too - where this stooge in hs same tone said - ye humara nookar hain, humaray paison par rehtay hain....

I had a friend working in the same industry who used to say that the two prime problems faced by us on our digs in Sindh or Baluchistan were:

(i) the lack of available labor...the people just wouldn't join up and work on a continuous basis even for the completely non-technical jobs for which we either had to bring people in from Punjab or from KP

(ii) the Sardars demanding a cut from the whole lot

I dunno how true it was but it made for a depressing thing to listen to !
That indeed is correct brother....and why should they work when they can easily get money from sardar g??
Every 4-5 months companies pay millions of ruppes to these waderas.....

@VCheng. Any comments on the video???

@VCheng. Any comments on the video?

The coverage of Geo is limited to airing the accusations made by the victims and his family and friends. That is what media outlets do. The graphics displayed were related to the story being run. Please do not confuse that with anything else.

I have asked this before: Person A commits blasphemy. Person B reports it to the Police and describes what was said. Should Police charge Person A, Person B, or both with the crime?

The coverage of Geo is limited to airing the accusations made by the victims and his family and friends. That is what media outlets do. The graphics displayed were related to the story being run. Please do not confuse that with anything else.
Televesion Broadcast Station Operations Regulations 2012 -
Part V - 18 C
the licensee shall ensure that nothing is contained in any programme or an advertisement which is prejudicial to the interests of the sovereignty and integrity of Pakistan, ideology of Pakistan, security friendly relations with foreign states, public order or which may constitute contempt of court, defamation or incitement to an offence or brings into disrepute the state institutions including armed forces

i don't make the rules here but whatever the rules and regulations are, they must be complied with. We must uphold the Law of the State. :sarcasm:
Now it is their responsibility to ensure - as I said, it was ok till 7:34, that was reporting, but what came after that was Hatred ---
and it is their responsibility to ensure that such content is not broadcasted....you gave me an example, now I am giving you one....what if A Terrorist comes on the TV and give same views about national institutions? be it Legislature or any organ of the Government....

Definition of Propoganda Under Pemra Regulations 2012 Broadcast Operations Regulations:

“propaganda” means a systematic dissemination of any doctrine,
rumour or selective information to promote one sided views on
any controversial issue;

Part III-5J
(j) no content is aired that is offensive, indecent, vulgar or
defamatory;

again, necessarily it doesn't have to be geo itself broadcasting this, its the content that has to be avoided.....

Read Post # 94 for more regulations that were voilated....

I have asked this before: Person A commits blasphemy. Person B reports it to the Police and describes what was said. Should Police charge Person A, Person B, or both with the crime?
you might want to reconsider what you just said - both Person will be Charged with Blasphemy if they propogate the news and broadcast it rest of the world rater then reporting it to the Police.
In this case Amir mir did reported the matter to Police, but what did Geo do? they propogated by showing the news for next one hour....
Reporting should have ended once Amir mir hung up, but aftermath of that statement was not pleasant, that is something which can be called "Propoganda"

Televesion Broadcast Station Operations Regulations 2012 -
Part V - 18 C

i don't make the rules here but whatever the rules and regulations are, they must be complied with. We must uphold the Law of the State. :sarcasm:
Now it is their responsibility to ensure - as I said, it was ok till 7:34, that was reporting, but what came after that was Hatred ---
and it is their responsibility to ensure that such content is not broadcasted....you gave me an example, now I am giving you one....what if A Terrorist comes on the TV and give same views about national institutions? be it Legislature or any organ of the Government....

Definition of Propoganda Under Pemra Regulations 2012 Broadcast Operations Regulations:

“propaganda” means a systematic dissemination of any doctrine,
rumour or selective information to promote one sided views on
any controversial issue;

Part III-5J
(j) no content is aired that is offensive, indecent, vulgar or
defamatory;

again, necessarily it doesn't have to be geo itself broadcasting this, its the content that has to be avoided.....

Read Post # 94 for more regulations that were voilated....

you might want to reconsider what you just said - both Person will be Charged with Blasphemy if they propogate the news and broadcast it rest of the world rater then reporting it to the Police.
In this case Amir mir did reported the matter to Police, but what did Geo do? they propogated by showing the news for next one hour....
Reporting should have ended once Amir mir hung up, but aftermath of that statement was not pleasant, that is something which can be called "Propoganda"

Fair reporting of current events is not barred by those rules.

care to share the relevant clause of the regulations?

What did Geo do that was in violation of any of the Rules? Did they make the accusation? They merely reported it, as is their job.

What did Geo do that was in violation of any of the Rules? Did they make the accusation? They merely reported it, as is their job.
yes, they did reported it and i agree with you that, whatever they aired ended with the line "hamid mir ne bta diya tha; aisa kehna hai amir mir ka"

But that was in clear voilation because PEMRA regulation is very clear that Licensee must ensure that No Content, so that includes everything, be it a report, news or opinion......as i said please share the relevant regulation that excludes Fair reporting or content being broadcasted

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom