What's new

Attack on PNS Mehran Base - PAF Faisal Base

If indeed they are Westerners they are likely from Germany as large no.s of German Muslims have fled Germany to join TTP,Qaeda etc.

One can point fingers at as many countries as one wants but one cannot deny this is yet another security failure and a huge embarrassment of PAK's military. It may be time to change the direction of that finger inward.

By laying blame on India, US etc you are only further embarrassing yourself over your Military's inept capabilities.

the operation was prolonges to catch terrorists alive. they could have killed the terroriss within the first few hours but navy cheif insisted on catching the terrorists alive. which was done

Was anyone captured Alive.... ??? I didn't read any such confirm news...

Few question... Since I am still in office and current news are not accessible here... Has any initial breakthrough been made? Any statements from PN on who they suspect did this? What are the kinds of Capital losses will these 3 planes amount to? Any statements from US?

Jana,

Coincidently, Pakistan having nuclear bombs is in Indian interests now.

Pakistan without Nukes, will invite INSTANT invasion from NATO and they will break it up into 3-4 states. There goes dreams of SAARC economic block into ashes!! Dollar happy, Euro happy and China happy!

See the big picture.

now that some terrorists have been arrested alive. lets see what the investigation reveals. the dead terrorist with tatoos and all doesnt look pakistani. looks western.

Four of the six militants who were involved in the armed raid on Pakistan’s Naval air base have been eliminated in the retaliatory operation by the security forces while two managed to escape, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said here Monday.

He put the number of martyred armed forces personnel at 10 and the injured at 15.

Talking to media men here at Chief Minister House after his visit to the PNS Mehran at Sharea Faisal, the Interior Minister said the martyred troops would be awarded Sitara-e-Shujaat posthumously.

"The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have claimed responsibility for the attack," Rehman Malik said.

He said two terrorists were killed by the security forces in clashes, another blew himself up in one of the buildings while body of the fourth is said to be in the debris. "They were wearing black shirts and trousers."

He said two naval surveillance planes P3C Orion were destroyed by the terrorists who were equipped with rocket propelled grenades (RPGs), LMGs and hand grenades.

Malik said other planes were towed away by Navy personnel assisted by Rangers out of the terrorists' firing range.

He said 17 foreigners including 11 Chinese and 6 Americans were rescued by the Naval commandoes. The foreigners were there to give training to naval personnel about Orion planes.

Interior Minister said two other suspected terrorists were stated to be seen running away by the eye-witnesses at the base and added that the terrorists sneaked into the base from the back side by scaling the walls with the help of ladders.

"Two ladders and cutters were also found from the spot," he said.

The Minister said that the terrorists were between 22 to 25 years of age with fair and sharp complexion.

He said the security personnel who achieved martyrdom included one officer Lt. Yasser Abbas, 3 firemen, 3 SSGN personnel, 1 sailor and 2 personnel of Pakistan Rangers.

The attack started at 10. 30 pm Sunday night and clashes continued till the operation was completed by personnel of Navy and Rangers by 3.30 pm on Monday.

Four of 6 militants killed in Naval operation: Rehman

i know there is a massive turk population in germany. but not sure turks are into terrorism. looks more related to .CIA

Few question... Since I am still in office and current news are not accessible here... Has any initial breakthrough been made? Any statements from PN on who they suspect did this? What are the kinds of Capital losses will these 3 planes amount to? Any statements from US?

PN and Govt of Pakistan dont give statements about who is was involved unless investigation is done.

US has issued no such statement but i guess some small condemnation one

Jana,

Coincidently, Pakistan having nuclear bombs is in Indian interests now.

Pakistan without Nukes, will invite INSTANT invasion from NATO and they will break it up into 3-4 states. There goes dreams of SAARC economic block into ashes!! Dollar happy, Euro happy and China happy!

See the big picture.

Some Pakistanis might think Chinese govt.wants Pakistan to be prosperous,but the reality is they are doing this to fulfill their own needs.

YES U R ABSOLUTELY RIGHT bro..but i m unable to understand wen will this ummah wake?? y r we tolerating all this?? y cant we pull zardar out n beat him hard...ahh jo anjam in agents ka hona chahiyae sialkot k lrko ka q huwa!

I would have agreed to your statement if you use the word "Pakistanis" instead of Ummah.

By going with your thinking, they consider the Pakistan as 'Ummah', whereas there is a few number of people who want Pakistan as Islamic State. Majority consist of liberal open minded who just take religion as "thing to be followed not to be imposed on others". While those few have penetrated in our society with the aim of imposing their thought on other keeping in mind whatever they are doing is for Islam and if they die they will be 'shaheed'.

Sialkot incident is irrelevant here; as per intelligence agencies reports both brothers were robbers.

What do we need to realize that What this so called TTP has the enmity with Pakistan and its security forces? They are just puppets of planners whose main agenda is destruction of Pakistan, declaring Pakistan as safe heaven for terrorists and a nation consisting of extremists.

One can point fingers at as many countries as one wants but one cannot deny this is yet another security failure and a huge embarrassment of PAK's military. It may be time to change the direction of that finger inward.

By laying blame on India, US etc you are only further embarrassing yourself over your Military's inept capabilities.

Yup another failure and we should start looking inside because these people are inside us .... But saying our enemies are not involved in supporting these groups would be total mistake.... India have history of supporting terrorism in Pakistan.... So if you are implying that India is some angel which wont take advantage of it and want me to believe this than you are living in lalaland.

And i still cant digest the thing that why would they choose a hard target in Karachi and go specially for the P3s ... If they wanted such action they got 1000s of Army target from Peshawar to Lahore to Islamabad.

Was anyone captured Alive.... ??? I didn't read any such confirm news...

the navy cheif 's press conference was transmitted live on ARY. He said he instructed SSG to capture them alive. and thats why operation was prolonges. said 4 were arrested alive.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom