What's new

Attacks on ISAF Supply Convoys

There were two thoughts that I was prepared to entertain before Anwar2's departure into his "la-la land of the sovereign" thingy. Both are written with the certainty of fact. Both MIGHT prove correct. Neither points have been supported-

1. "Pakistani transport sector is at the bottom of the food chain, the marginal income is peanuts."

Is Anwar2 a transportation manager with purview to bills of lading and existing net margins. If so, it's a supply and demand equation where security becomes a factored cost- again, but doable under adjusted and agreed terms.

2. "The US just cannot find an alternate route"

The proof of which will help drive the aforementioned point of purchase up or down among Pakistani trucking companies.

Can't speak to the first, but my answer to the second, barring unforeseen events, is no.

The US can find an alternate route, and for a country spending billions a month in Iraq, the extra expense in return for security of supplies will not be a major trade off. I don't think supplies through Pakistan will dry up, but if it ever gets to the point where the attacks might affect operations, the US will have a backup to ensure that it does not come to that.

From what I heard recently, the FC commandant has declined to provide forces in the numbers asked for by the Provincial LEA's for security of the terminals and convoys. The commandant has sited increased pressures on the troops he already has due to the combat in Swat, Bajaur, and increasingly Mohmand.

Mumbai couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Speaking of an alternate route, the whole reason why these convoys are passing through pakistan is because there isn't any possible way to get them across to a landlocked country.

The only other option as we all know is by air. And that's pretty much unaffordable for the americans.

Unless the Americans are planning to invade Iran for the sake of a supply line, i believe they should respect our assistance in providing the necessary equipment to the Allied forces fighting in Afghanistan. If we stop their supply line today, the entire deployment in Afghanistan would be massacred by the taliban controlling 72% of the country.

My fiance's Father is a Private doctor in Kandhar who's worked with the Allied forces for the past 5 years. Recently i talked to him about the situation and his response was quite simple.

1. American and NATO forces stick around their MAIN base camps and refrain from operating against the REAL taliban. (Who're in control of the country)

2. NOTHING is going on against the REAL threat in the country.

3. The allies are too busy focusing on Pakistan so that they have a justified reason to stick around in Afghanistan.

4. The MAIN objective of the Taliban is to kidnap ANY important individual and demand a handsome ransom for his release. If they're unable to do so, they simply kill the individual based on his importance to the Forces.

(Ransoms are usually dealt in American/Nato Arms and Ammunition. So in short, Americans are arming the Taliban for the release of their unsecured personal since Money isn't a big priority for the talibs)

5. There is NO REAL war going on in Afghanistan. After the initial stages, there hasn't been a SINGLE important mission against the supposed "Terrorists".

6. All in all, They frequently launch drones to target random locations INSIDE pakistan to provoke an attack from the side of the Pakistani taliban, which leads to some small scale operation and ends up on FOX, CNN, BBC etc for publicity of the war.

Think about this. My source is as genuine as it gets.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, we will never succeed in FATA either, without major efforts on our side and support of various forms from the West.

We could do this on our own were there not a hostile entity on the Eastern front, and resources not tied up there, but since there is, US influence and resources will have to be tapped, and have been to varying degrees so far.

I'm wholly convinced that the PA has the ability to regain the tribal area and establish rule of law. We have to remember that these areas have been neglected for decades. One also has to recognize that foreign rouge elements from across the border are worsening the vulnerable security situation not only in FATA , but also Baluchistan and across Pakistan. Of course, I've never suggested that Pakistan should abandon the world. We need to cooperate only with those nations that are sincerely interested in resolving the conflict instead of worsening it. The US hasn't shown any sincerity apart from blame games and killing innocent people. Also, the US is playing a foul game by fuelling regional tensions. The US isn't a true ally. In fact, the US has always been a backstabber. The aftermath of the Cold War should be enough indication. Thus, showing any faith in the US would tantamount to foolishness.

Last edited:
LANDI KOTAL: Militants have set on fire one more tanker supplying oil to NATO forces at Neki Khel on Pak-Afghan road in Khyber Agency.

According to sources, the oil tanker was completely destroyed, however, no loss of life was reported.

So far five tankers supplying oil to Nato forces have been burned during this month.

I would say '' well done '' to the militants.

Nato forces should be hushed away from inside the borders of Pakistan, they should not be tolerated at any levels.

I believe that the anti-Pakistan militants have not done it, but those militants who are friends with the Pakistan army.

Last edited:
Looks like some people are really determined to screw this route up as far as NATO supplies are concerned. But according to the NATO spokesmen these little 'setbacks' dont count for much and that they fully 'trust' the Pakistanis to keep the route secure.

I would say '' well done '' to the militants.

Nato forces should be hushed away from inside the borders of Pakistan, they should not be tolerated at any levels.

I believe that the anti-Pakistan militants have not done it, but those militants who are friends with the Pakistan army.
Both are Pakistan's Enemy.Terrorists are terrorists it does not matter if they're ANTI Pakistan or Pro-Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom