What's new

Australian Defence Minister says no to Pakistan

Yes, Australian manufacturing is under pressure and we are moving towards a more service-oriented economy. Which makes the claim for Indian markets all the more incongruous. India wants Australian minerals, not services. It is itself a service-exporter; it does not imports services. And there is already no shortage of buyers for Australian raw material, including India -- even before the uranium sales.

Thanks. Good that we are now understanding that higher GDP has got nothing to do with China being an attractive trading partner for US, Europe and other developed economies the the parlance of things as they are.

Re Australian possible exports in the manufacturing sector, you have to revisit what I mentioned as the competency that is being sought to being developed in Australia currently. It is investment in technology! You must read a little bit about the Wind Turbine and green energy initiatives of Australian businesses and this has huge potential for developing energy deficient markets (of course with the caveat of IP protection :) ).

Re the uranium sales, well it is just a wheel in the cog in the overall picture. And just for the record, even transfer pricing benefits can be gained out of RM supplies (of course not Uranium) but the others. So off shore manufacturing is not that bad when assured of a just playing field and free market currency regulation.

If you don't accept that America is engaged in China containment, then we can let the matter drop. There have been any number of policy papers, not to mention explicit statements, to that effect from American administration officials.

Of course it is US endeavour to look to contain China. Why else do you think are Japan, Vietnam, Korea, Phillipinnes etc. looking up to US now? There have been hegemonic tendencies visible even before the son has risen to power :) but to say that it is primarily the US motive in a relationship with India is naive. That is what I am implying. I already mentioned that geo-political interests will always follow economic interests. Why do you think was China supporting Gaddafi? or Sudan? There are certainly no Himalyas to quote out there in the middle east :)

China is helping Pakistan with civilian nuclear technology which is denied by the West.

Yes you are right. This was after the US India civilian nuclear deal and after the attempts to draw parity by Pakistan with India first with a similar deal with US and then suddenly a grand father was born in retrospective :D

Not Indian development influenced development at all. :) And that is beneficial in the long term you think?

Gillard's statement preceded the conference and was timed for Obama's visit. The debate pro- and anti-sale has been going on for ages and nothing substantial has changed. All the old arguments on both sides remain exactly the same.

The only thing that changed was a concerted US push to reassert American dominance in the region with an explicit focus on China. Even Gillard the dullard let slip through the real reason by mentioning China in making her case for India.

That was done on purpose, all declarations are pre scripted and meant to prove a point.

We have reserves but those are very small compared to the world's total reserves. For a large scale nuclear power industry you need to have large Uranium reserves but racist countries of the world have created an apartheid and only allow Uranium to be sold to their friends and slaves. See Uranium reserves in different countries here: List of countries by uranium reserves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is India, Friend or slave???? Dude, Its there product they are free to choose whom they sell. (keeping safety of Humanity in mind). Have we Indian ever asked china saying "As you are selling XYZ to Pakistan , please sell it to us as well???" ??? Stop crying.

What is India, Friend or slave???? Dude, Its there product they are free to choose whom they sell. (keeping safety of Humanity in mind). Have we Indian ever asked china saying "As you are selling XYZ to Pakistan , please sell it to us as well???" ??? Stop crying.

We follow an independent policy wrt to other countries.

Can't disagree but what I said was that India is a status quo power, does not seek what others have physically. China, on the other hand has had issues where it has tried to muscle its way to a solution or threaten others with that muscle. Even with Pakistan, the refrain from you guys is that the staus quo is unacceptable & needs changing, not that India wants anything physical from you. Same with the Chinese claim on Arunachal Pradesh. India has made no attempts to physically alter the border & looks for an overall settlement on presently held lines. Which is the reason that few others fear a status quo power regardless of whether they have any particular fondness for it.

Two points:
- India has territories claimed by others; the reverse is not true except with China.
- there's plenty of potential for conflict over scarce third party resources.

Not really true. If that were the case, the American people would never be attacked for the policies followed by the government & I have been here enough to realise that many Pakistanis make no such distinction with either Indians, Americans or even the Israelis. Difficult to make that distinction anyways unless they know people personally.

American NGOs and others in Pakistan are working without harm. Indians claim they are treated well when they visit Pakistan. As for Israel, it's a different case because almost every Israeli over a certain age has served in the military, so they are all ex-soldiers.

That was done on purpose, all declarations are pre scripted and meant to prove a point.

It was a stupid decision to link China to the Indian uranium decision. There's no point needlessly antagonizing China at every turn.

Thanks. Good that we are now understanding that higher GDP has got nothing to do with China being an attractive trading partner for US, Europe and other developed economies the the parlance of things as they are.

How did you get that? I only said that India is not a services destination. I said nothing about consumer potential in China.

Re Australian possible exports in the manufacturing sector, you have to revisit what I mentioned as the competency that is being sought to being developed in Australia currently. It is investment in technology! You must read a little bit about the Wind Turbine and green energy initiatives of Australian businesses and this has huge potential for developing energy deficient markets (of course with the caveat of IP protection :) ).

Re the uranium sales, well it is just a wheel in the cog in the overall picture. And just for the record, even transfer pricing benefits can be gained out of RM supplies (of course not Uranium) but the others. So off shore manufacturing is not that bad when assured of a just playing field and free market currency regulation.

Of course it is US endeavour to look to contain China. Why else do you think are Japan, Vietnam, Korea, Phillipinnes etc. looking up to US now? There have been hegemonic tendencies visible even before the son has risen to power :) but to say that it is primarily the US motive in a relationship with India is naive. That is what I am implying. I already mentioned that geo-political interests will always follow economic interests. Why do you think was China supporting Gaddafi? or Sudan? There are certainly no Himalyas to quote out there in the middle east :)

Well, your whole premise is that IP is not safe in China so countries shun it as a technology destination. Yet China is doing just fine in terms of technology and business relationships.

And you believe Western companies feel safer transferring IP to India. However, the argument of the West "propping up India v/s China" explains both these claims also. The West would much rather transfer technology to India than to China, precisely for the above reason.

Yes you are right. This was after the US India civilian nuclear deal and after the attempts to draw parity by Pakistan with India first with a similar deal with US and then suddenly a grand father was born in retrospective :D

Not Indian development influenced development at all. :) And that is beneficial in the long term you think?

Pakistan has had an acute energy problem and been looking for civilian nuclear tech for a long time. Acquiring that technology is a Pakistani need regardless of whether India gets it or not. I don't see how this becomes "India-centric".

How did you get that? I only said that India is not a services destination. I said nothing about consumer potential in China.

Well, your whole premise is that IP is not safe in China so countries shun it as a technology destination. Yet China is doing just fine in terms of technology and business relationships.

And you believe Western companies feel safer transferring IP to India. However, the argument of the West "propping up India v/s China" explains both these claims also. The West would much rather transfer technology to India than to China, precisely for the above reason.

Pakistan has had an acute energy problem and been looking for civilian nuclear tech for a long time. Acquiring that technology is a Pakistani need regardless of whether India gets it or not. I don't see how this becomes "India-centric".

You are reading too much into the west propping up India against China, they just want another alternative manufacturing hub to counter china, Corporations do pour in billion's of dollars in research and if they find a need to outsource it they need to be sure that it won't be "reverse engineered" as the chinese say, India takes the necessary steps to safeguard the sanctity of property and product ownership, it goes both ways.

Instead of looking for Nuclear options Pakistan must look at alternative methods of fulfilling its energy needs for the present moment, Again a case of nuclear proliferation is made against Pakistan by every country in the world ...except china who help them in proliferation. Anyways china is helping you by building Nuclear plants so what else do you require?

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

It was a stupid decision to link China to the Indian uranium decision. There's no point needlessly antagonizing China at every turn.

Stupid from your POV, Multiple ramifications and sort of a future gameplan on which policies will be formulated from my POV.

if you dont need and already have then why asking them??just for matching with india or poking nose every where:lol:

Why asking same question again n again, when you already been answered? ohh i know, to look stupid what you Indians (atleast at PDF) are.... now you can laugh....

You are reading too much into the west propping up India against China, they just want another alternative manufacturing hub to counter china, Corporations do pour in billion's of dollars in research and if they find a need to outsource it they need to be sure that it won't be "reverse engineered" as the chinese say, India takes the necessary steps to safeguard the sanctity of property and product ownership, it goes both ways.

America's China containment strategy started long before India emerged on the international stage.

Anyways china is helping you by building Nuclear plants so what else do you require?

The challenge was to list a common Pak-China interest that is not India-centric.

Stupid from your POV, Multiple ramifications and sort of a future gameplan on which policies will be formulated from my POV.

Most Australians accept that we are part of Asia-Pacific. China is an important player and we don't want an adversarial relationship with our largest trading partner. Whatever India's or America's problem is with China, let them sort it out.

America's China containment strategy started long before India emerged on the international stage.

The challenge was to list a common Pak-China interest that is not India-centric.

Most Australians accept that we are part of Asia-Pacific. China is an important player and we don't want an adversarial relationship with our largest trading partner. Whatever India's or America's problem is with China, let them sort it out.

Exactly, thats what i said, people will give preference to either china or india independent of any strategic compulsions, more to do with where they feel more secure, i thought u made a point of it being the west propping up India against China.

Any adverse twists in the south china sea will affect Australia also.

Who will sale uranium to a country which is considered epicenter of terrorism in the world ? Aussies took all the right decisions so far .

The message has been posted like 10 times already by Indians, why post yet again? Or are you guys just that dumb??? The answer to dumb posts has also been posted!

More of a reason to stop cooperating with these countries on war OF terror.

None of these countries respect Pakistan so why should Pakistan respect them.

None of these countries respect your sacrifices. Kill as many of your people, kill as many of your soldiers for this war OF terror they will always favor india over the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

You are what you perceive stop blaming the world for your problems and face them. you have to earn respect not demand it. :lazy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom