What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Guys any sign of life?

General Ather's statement is very depressing "It would be a miracle if we save some of them"

I believe these 2 countries (India and Pakistan) are fighting for it because of these major reasons:

If India gains control of Siachin, then they can destroy the road that links between Pakistan and China.
If Pakistan gains control of Siachin, then they become safe.

Both of your reasons are wrong because :

India already controls Siachen

And no, from there we cannot destroy the KKH which is farther North-west through Hunza/Nagar.

Inna lillah we inna ilaih rajiun.

May God save them and be with them and their families in their times of need.

more than 12 hours after the disaster no survivors had been found, officials said....

The fact that there were different kinds of jobs going on like dhobi cooks and other people, there must have been different. Buildings and hence a kitchen and other buildings, let's just pray that some sort of building stood against the avalanche and made a pocket for some people. And there could have been some ration, but now as night timehas fallen there, frost biteand hypothermia could be a possibility of no heat source is nearby (two humans can keep each other warm). Let's just hope now. Now why ain't there any day of national mourning by the pm?!

Both of your reasons are wrong because :

India already controls Siachen

And no, from there we cannot destroy the KKH which is farther North-west through Hunza/Nagar.

umm.. sorry you're right it is controlled by India...
But how does the karakoram pass link us with China then?

Map_Kashmir_Standoff_2003.png

umm.. sorry you're right it is controlled by India...
But how does the karakoram pass link us with China then?

Karakoram Pass has nothing to do with Karakoram highway...KKH passes further northwest through Hunza/Nagar areas in GB.

535387_405234202822072_138222492856579_1572890_1611015980_n.jpg

This is the place that came under avalanche, pic was taken in summer.

As you can see, their are several, low lying buildings. The avalanche must have come from the little steep ridge on the top rightish side of the picture.

The bottom most building, a bit rightish of the centre, has a rock face sheltering it from behind. So if the avalanche did indeed come from that little ridge i mentioned earlier, this building might have been saved from collapse by the rock face.

scaled.php

I don't have any words today - I hope we will get remaining alive.

God -------------

Last edited by a moderator:
but the snow is around 80 foot high, so chances of collapse of the buildings are high also.

but the snow is around 80 foot high, so chances of collapse of the buildings are high also.

80 feet means 24 meters, covering an area of 1 Km2.. Much weight to bear for buildings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom