What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

What i find somewhat remarkable is that albeit some distance away, but the camp was established in the line of the Glacier.!!

av3.png

Thats the first thing which crossed my mind too but when you look at the topography it seems the most ideal place as its flat and close to the run of the river when they had established it 30 years ago. Since this seems more to be landslide than an avalanche I doubt they had catered for landslides probably brought on by global warming. The next camp will probably cater for that.

Saw 2 - 3 Bell 412 with PUMA'z Hour back over Blue Area

This unit served in FATA before moving to Siachin. Patriotic and hard working unit.

Have it your way.

About American help, I hope that Dafa-e-Pakistan and HS are on board with that option. No point starting a new agitation about that too.

Help is help, that is what the families of the victims of the avalnche are hoping for. Are you from one of the families?

Those soldiers were not tourist. They were present in the area to defend their nation and to fight India. Our Generals are not gonna take any help from India, even the families of the martyrs would not take help from India.
DEATH BEFORE DISGRACE!

شہادت ہے مقصود مطلوب مومن

نہ مال غنیمت نہ کشور کشائی

i was wondering doesn't battalion has 700 men in it? then how come Battalion HQ had 135?

seems like even army doesnt know how many actually personnels were stationed there, seems like the list was incomplete

Earlier, media reports were saying over 100, then over 150 and latter over 120 trapped people.
Dawn news started to spread mis-information which was copied by other media channels and websites that finally Pakistan Army has started to recover bodies whereas they didn't even reach one survivor/body yet.

Do not believe in the news agencies, they twist and fabricate the news to get attention and more popularity.

Those soldiers were not tourist. They were present in the area to defend their nation and to fight India. Our Generals are not gonna take any help from India, even the families of the martyrs would not take help from India.
DEATH BEFORE DISGRACE!

This is the tragedy. They were not fighting India. They were fighting the elements, same as on the Indian side.

Its a tremendous waste of life and resources on both sides.

DEATH BEFORE DISGRACE!

Cool it, man. It was just an offer. What's there to get upset about it? What's better? Saving them or letting them die needlessly without a battle even having taken place?

China had an earthquake too in which we sent possible assistance as a goodwill gesture. There's no harm in helping in peacetime.

But then again, it is your call. We just offered; accepting or rejecting is upto your president/PM/General.

i was wondering doesn't battalion has 700 men in it? then how come Battalion HQ had 135?

Firstly, they are rarely at full strength. Secondly, the whole Battalion HQ might not have been hit by the avalanche but a portion of it.

Earlier, media reports were saying over 100, then over 150 and latter over 120 trapped people.
Dawn news started to spread mis-information which was copied by other media channels and websites that finally Pakistan Army has started to recover bodies whereas they didn't even reach one survivor/body yet.

Do not believe in the news agencies, they twist and fabricate the news to get attention and more popularity.

the ISPR itself lead people to believe in the list which said 135 total, and on later they released another figure of 139

Back
Top Bottom