What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Obviously that's untrue. The lady looks nothing like Merkel, and even when younger, Merkel was clearly overweight and looking similar to today. Here's an old photo of her, from around 1989 or so: presseurop.eu/en/content/article/3776151-chancellor-made-gdr

I've got no idea mate, I only shared what I could find. A reverse image search returned nothing.

you are right, the logistics, repairs, maintenance and education/training would be extremely complicated with such a wide array of systems, yet what to do for such a country in such a complex region and position as Azerbaijan? It's primary enemy state, Armenia, also has a very wide array of weapons from a wide geography - South Africa, France, Russia, China, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, etc. Other countries in the region also have that.

Tactical missiles are important to keep Armenia in check.

The redundancy of every type of vehicle/system is what makes it hard, let alone the wide arsenal.
Example:

BM-30, Lynx and Extra - 3 different MRLS, all capable of firing the very same caliber of rockets.
They got 2 more cases [towed and self-propelled artillery systems] where multiple - from each other different - systems fills the very same role and function. Not to mention their wide arsenal of small arms [e.g. PKM, IMI Negev and M60].

One thing I might have not thought about is that they probably still are in the post-Soviet phase where they keep replacing obsolete weaponry with newer and more modern ones. Many of their heavier systems [artillery, mortars, IFVs, etc] probably are yet to get replaced/modernized.

Obviously that's untrue. The lady looks nothing like Merkel, and even when younger, Merkel was clearly overweight and looking similar to today. Here's an old photo of her, from around 1989 or so: presseurop.eu/en/content/article/3776151-chancellor-made-gdr

Picture is over 20 Years old.

Germany has supported PKK with and without merkel.

That´s know all ,how you will change this ?

Picture is over 20 Years old.

Germany has supported PKK with and without merkel.

That´s know all ,how you will change this ?

Today is owned by them (the West), but tomorrow belongs to the eastern countries.

when the time comes; the only thing we should do is not to forget; as you know our most weak side is to forget and forgive; that is why we always get involved in the same troubles in our history.

Azerbaijan has purchased 94 T-90S (option for 94 more), 100 BMP-3, 18 MSTA-S, 18 Smerch, 18 2S31 Vena, 6 TOS-1A. Besides an option for additional 94 T-90, there are options on other types of military equipment purchased aswell, though the quantity is not specified. Cost of the contract is about $1 billion.

ÂÅÄÎÌÎÑÒÈ - Ðîññèÿ âîîðóæàåò Àçåðáàéäæàí

I posted the photos of delivery in page 23, but the source of photos seems to have been deleted, you can find the photos in this link: Historia y tecnología militar: Azerbayán recibe nuevos equipos militares

T-90 has an improved version of Shtora, in addition to air conditioning and automatic target tracking.

3855847.jpg

3857895.jpg

TOS-1A, based on T-90.

3843577.jpg

BMP-3 with Vesna-K thermal sight.

3814884.jpg

3763518.jpg

Msta-S

3807715.jpg

Smerch (new)

3854841.jpg

Well, Russian T-90s lacks it (aswell automatic target tracking).

T-90 has an improved version of Shtora, in addition to air conditioning and automatic target tracking.

We know all this, and there was a very lively discussion in a different thread about this.

In addition to Shtora-1 in the Azerbaijani T-90S, it also has an improved KONTAKT-5 dynamic defense pads, which would help withstand most Armenian anti-tank weapons - even their latest purchase of French MILAN system.

aray bhai jan has an army????

you have a brain?

Baykuş;4478471 said:
I've got no idea mate, I only shared what I could find. A reverse image search returned nothing.

The redundancy of every type of vehicle/system is what makes it hard, let alone the wide arsenal.
Example:

BM-30, Lynx and Extra - 3 different MRLS, all capable of firing the very same caliber of rockets.
They got 2 more cases [towed and self-propelled artillery systems] where multiple - from each other different - systems fills the very same role and function. Not to mention their wide arsenal of small arms [e.g. PKM, IMI Negev and M60].

One thing I might have not thought about is that they probably still are in the post-Soviet phase where they keep replacing obsolete weaponry with newer and more modern ones. Many of their heavier systems [artillery, mortars, IFVs, etc] probably are yet to get replaced/modernized.

Lynx Extra is one system

Azerbaijan is the first customer of 2S31 Vena. Its based on BMP-3 chassis.

2S31_Vena_Sideview.jpg

If she is Merkel, then I am Brad Pitt!
Honestly though mate, it doesn't really matter since its nothing new that PKK has had and probably still has relations with European politicians - Merkel or not.

you have a brain?
Ignore that post, brother.

Lynx Extra is one system
Apparently, the Lynx is the firing platform that is capable of firing Extra, GRAD and LAR rockets and DELILAH-GL missiles. Didn't know, to be honest.

Baykuş;4482313 said:
Apparently, the Lynx is the firing platform that is capable of firing Extra, GRAD and LAR rockets and DELILAH-GL missiles. Didn't know, to be honest.

yes, it's modular just like T-122/300 one vehicle able to fire both 122mm and 300mm rockets

any characteristics available for 2S31 Vena?

Elevation (degree) 80
Weight (kg) 15700
Traverse arc (degree) 360
Firing range (m) 13000
Main weapon caliber (mm) 120
Ammunition of the main gun 4
Crew 4
Max. road speed (km/h) 60
Max. road range (km) 500
Max. water speed (km/h) 4.5
Depression (degree) -4
Rate of fire (rds/min) 8

any characteristics available for 2S31 Vena?
armyrecognition.com/russia_russian_army_vehicles_system_artillery_uk/2s31_vena_self-propelled_mortar_carrier_data_sheet_specifications_information_intelligence_pictures.html#Data

yes, it's modular just like T-122/300 one vehicle able to fire both 122mm and 300mm rockets

I see. So it's meant to be a modern replacement of the BM-21 Grad and the BM-30 Smerch on the long run, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom