What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Azerbaijan purchases 3 anti-tank missile complexes from Ukraine

[ 18 July 2013 16:31 ]

Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan purchased 3 anti-tank guided missiles from Ukraine in 2012. APA reports that it was reflected in the report of Ukrainian State Service of Export Control.

There was no information about the type of anti-tank guided missiles in the report.

Ukraine sold 6 anti-tank missile complexes to Azerbaijan in 2011 and one in 2010.

Azerbaijan mainly purchased “Skif” complexes from Ukraine over this period.

Azerbaijan purchases 3 anti-tank missile complexes from Ukraine

[ 18 July 2013 16:31 ]

Baku. Rashad Suleymanov – APA. Azerbaijan purchased 3 anti-tank guided missiles from Ukraine in 2012. APA reports that it was reflected in the report of Ukrainian State Service of Export Control.

There was no information about the type of anti-tank guided missiles in the report.

Ukraine sold 6 anti-tank missile complexes to Azerbaijan in 2011 and one in 2010.

Azerbaijan mainly purchased “Skif” complexes from Ukraine over this period.

Is it me or the journalist that has to take his meds? Anti-tank missile complexes - and an astonishing 3 of them?

Baykuş;4538817 said:
Is it me or the journalist that has to take his meds? Anti-tank missile complexes - and an astonishing 3 of them?

Maybe nine launchers are enough for them ?

This is just UN report, I'm sure much more were bought (launchers and missiles). These numbers does not make any sense to say the least. Anti-tank missiles bought from Ukraine is Skif and Baryer, former bought by Border Guards (also mounted on anti-tank variant of Otokar Cobra used by Border Guards) and the latter used on upgraded Mi-24G Superhinds.

And since this is mentioned, Russia supplied total of 300 Igla-S (SA-24) launchers and 1500 missiles to Azerbaijan in 2011 and 2012.

bmpd -

This is just UN report, I'm sure much more were bought (launchers and missiles). These numbers does not make any sense to say the least. Anti-tank missiles bought from Ukraine is Skif and Baryer, former bought by Border Guards (also mounted on anti-tank variant of Otokar Cobra used by Border Guards) and the latter used on upgraded Mi-24G Superhinds.

And since this is mentioned, Russia supplied total of 300 Igla-S (SA-24) launchers and 1500 missiles to Azerbaijan in 2011 and 2012.

according to Sipri 250 were bought

Azerbaijani IWP.

2.jpg

4.jpg

@cabatli IWP means ? Do you speak about Igla launcher ?

I didn't know Azeris brothers ordered this PMADS :)

Info about quantity ?

Why is it sounds to you so unbelievable?

first that thing uses Stingers and US doesn't sell weapons to Azerbaijan
second Azerbaijan has a very advanced air defence umbrella and doesn't need it

first that thing uses Stingers and US doesn't sell weapons to Azerbaijan
second Azerbaijan has a very advanced air defence umbrella and doesn't need it

Gardaşım, the Kalkan I think is an independent radar system so, no issue of Stinger missiles. Probably early-warning radar.

However, I think Turkish PMADS work with both Stingers and the equivalent Soviet (Igla?) missiles as well.

So you can still buy them from us, they're also more-so tactical air defense. So even if Azerbaijan's air defense network is pretty advanced that doesn't mean you don't have the need to shoot down a couple dozen Armenian helicopters at short range :)

(edit : Aselsan Kalkan , I'm guessing you can read it, eh ;) )

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom