What's new

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

Secret Service

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistani+Missiles+(3).jpg

Baku- Azerbaijan is interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles, Pakistan's Ministry of Defense Industry told sources.
The representative of the Ministry told reliable sources that the parties had already conducted preliminary negotiations “There is no problem between us on the sale of these missiles. High-level political and military relations between the two countries let us transfer the latest technologies to Azerbaijan without any problems." The representative said that they are ready not only for the delivery of long-range missiles, but also all the defense systems needed by Azerbaijan. He didn’t say purchase of which missiles is being discussed.

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

Last edited:
I thought it was forbidden to sell missiles over the range of 300 km's?? So how can we sell "long range" missiles??

Maybe a transfer of technology or know how I guess? But what would Pakistan get in return. Also I like the way Azerbaijan is increasing its military spending. Looks like they have learnt a lesson after their war against Armenia. If Armenia attacks Azerbaijan now, Azerbaijan will probably decimate Armenia.

I don't think "long range" here means the "long range" category of ballistic missiles, rather tactical (short range) ones.

However, no way to tell whether this story is legit or not to begin with.

BS news at its best :

1-Azerbaijan don't have any enemies at long ranges all enemies their at their border.
2-You can not sell or transfer the tech of a missile got longer range than 300 km.
3-For BMs , CMs and artillery rockets under 300 km we are already providing them if not there is always Russia and Israel other there as Azerbaijan's traditional weapon suppliers.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@revojam

I really think that it refers to tactical ballistic missiles, like J-600T Yıldırım.

I do remember a defence official talking about negotiations with China on tactical ballistic missiles in 2011, so Azerbaijan do have the intention of acquiring tactical ballistic missiles, I would say with around 300 km range.

2-You can not sell or transfer the tech of a missile got longer range than 300 km.

Technically , Pakistan never signed the MTCR to begin with , so we are free to deliver whatever they need as long it isn't too sensitive . Second , I think the defense journalists made a mistake , they may be interested in missiles , not necessarily long range ones .

but Why AB want to Buy Pakistani Missiles ? they want to Fight with China ? or Russia ?

@revojam

I really think that it refers to tactical ballistic missiles, like J-600T Yıldırım.

I do remember a defence official talking about negotiations with China on tactical ballistic missiles in 2011, so Azerbaijan do have the intention of acquiring tactical ballistic missiles, I would say with around 300 km range.

Even so Azerbaijan would go ahead and buy from one of your traditional weapon suppliers : Russia(Iskender) , Israel and Turkiye.All three of countries are capable of delivering short range BM to you so whats the point going for far away countries like China or Pakistan?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom