What's new

Azerbaijan signs partnership deal to join KAAN project

I am happy for both, Türkiye and Azerbaijan.

However, this was supposed to be Pakistan's place. I'd like to remind you that this project has been active for over 15 years. There was a golden opportunity for Pakistan to join or, at least, figure something out with Turkey, reach some kind of deal with Ankara, get included in one way or another.

It was not a budgetary issue that left Pakistan out of the picture. That's a myth.

It was a failure in leadership, lack of vision and the absence of strategic planning beyond the next week.

I don't want to get banned but my trust in the Pakistani military leadership is negative.

I am happy and sad at the same time.

However, this was supposed to be Pakistan's place. I'd like to remind you that this project has been active for over 15 years. There was a golden opportunity for Pakistan to join or, at least, figure something out with Turkey, reach some kind of deal with Ankara, get included in one way or another.

It was not a budgetary issue that left Pakistan out of the picture. That's a myth.

It was a failure in leadership, lack of vision and the absence of strategic planning beyond the next week.

I don't want to get banned but my trust in the Pakistani military leadership is negative.

we went for plan C

I shan't be making a comment on Pakistan, however a lack of vision and inability to accept changes decimated French armies during ww1 and ww2. When the Iraqis thought that they could hold back American armies during the first gulf War, the USA's newer and more advanced tactics decimated Iraqi forces, no one expected Iraq to lose so badly. When the Russians invaded Chechnya, their arrogance and inability to adapt led to them losing the first war, and suffering humiliation in the second even when they won.

An army must be willing to take risks in order to keep up with modern times, and give up on older doctrines.

Of course none of what I have said has anything to do with Pakistan, I am merely thinking aloud about modern military doctrines.

Will the British allow Pakistan to join this project?

I don't think the British would care, even with an Indian-origin PM.

The UK has historically been very neutral when it comes to the Indo-Pak region. They've sold weapons and systems to both sides.

But what can Azerbaijan bring to the table for the KAAN project. As far as ik, they are building their own defense industry but they are in the beginning phases of it

I don't think the British would care, even with an Indian-origin PM.

The UK has historically been very neutral when it comes to the Indo-Pak region. They've sold weapons and systems to both sides.
yes
brits never would pick a clear side
even with there enemies they opened negotiate with
they r very very cunning

You should know better that joining a project like this could be arranged in many different ways.

When I'm criticising Pakistan's non-existent commitment, I'm not necessarily envisioning Pakistan as an operator of KAAN.

There are thousands of subsystems in this bird. Each system displays an opportunity of JV and cooperation but the Pakistani Military refused to participate.

You cannot use the engine as en excuse to justify Pakistan's lack of involvement.

Back
Top Bottom