What's new

BAE Systems delivers first two Hawks to Indian Air Force

Hawk seems to be a very capable trainer because after Harrier and Canberra, its the third british aircraft adopted by USA. US Navy uses a carrier-capable version of HAWK called T-45 Goshawk.

Some countries have adopted even the single seat versions of HAWK as light fighters. Hawk has evolved much since its early design, including aerodynamic improvements like leading edge slats. The leading edge devices helped to improve the turning performance, according to an article.

Now I am sure it must be a good aircraft.

According to Wiki, the Hawk first flew in 1974 and still is in production. It means its a GREAT AIRPLANE because if an aircraft remains in production for 30 years, its labelled as GREAT AIRCRAFT.

wastage of pulic money:hitwall: that'sall i can say

the L-159B or the MiG-AT would have cost us around $10-million/unit

whereas the ugly & near obsolete HAWKs are costing us an astounding $25-million/unit at the moment.:tdown:

we should learn from pakistan who gets their K-8 (Hongdu JL-8) traiiners
at dirt cheap rates

I have a question about that. Wasn't India developing its own trainer?

and 2 What became of it?

wastage of pulic money:hitwall: that'sall i can say

the L-159B or the MiG-AT would have cost us around $10-million/unit

whereas the ugly & near obsolete HAWKs are costing us an astounding $25-million/unit at the moment.:tdown:

we should learn from pakistan who gets their K-8 (Hongdu JL-8) traiiners
at dirt cheap rates

Getting trainers at dirt cheap rates is all that matters.....??? ....Well, if Pakistan had all the money that India had, would they still go for the dirt cheap K-8..???

Dear Amun,

Maybe you should have joined the IAF because all my friends in the RAF say till date not even the Russians use the MIG AT and you may like to check the sales of the L 159 B till date.

I guess Indians like to buy expensive toys as per you ? Well why don't you send you CAirS to China to learn flying ? Maybe he will buy chinese airplanes next time.

Regards

Chinese make aircraft that are robust as hell and keep on flying. The FT-5 was as good of an advanced trainer of its day as they came. Not a bad deal spending less and getting a very decent bang for your buck. K-8 from a functionality and performance envelope standpoint is not a slouch either. It can hold its own against the Hawk.

Getting trainers at dirt cheap rates is all that matters.....??? ....Well, if Pakistan had all the money that India had, would they still go for the dirt cheap K-8..???

Yes Pakistan would. K-8 is as good of an AJT as they come. Sometimes you need to look beyond the shiny kit syndrome ;) Paying more does not always translate into getting something superior (last I looked, your super MKI was less than half the cost of an F/A-18). Pakistan gets a lot of customization with the Chinese platforms at half the price for a similar capability from the west. That is money saved which could be used somewhere else...admittedly India has more money but there is never enough.

Yes Pakistan would. K-8 is as good of an AJT as they come. Sometimes you need to look beyond the shiny kit syndrome ;) Paying more does not always translate into getting something superior (last I looked, your super MKI was less than half the cost of an F/A-18). Pakistan gets a lot of customization with the Chinese platforms at half the price for a similar capability from the west. That is money saved which could be used somewhere else...admittedly India has more money but there is never enough.

I am not commenting about K8 but Hawk was first flown in 1970's and is one of the plane adopted by US which is british product. And US rarely uses other county product until it is an excellent platform. Also by the fact that it is still flying after 30 years it is an excellent platform.

Back
Top Bottom