What's new

Bagalkot's Mudhol Hounds to Give Indian Army More Bite?

indian army should chose Malinois instead of Mudhol hound. CRPF-cobra, ITBP, NSG, CISF had malinois,

no.. not germen shepherd.
germen shepherd is not suitable for military operation... it is suited for SWAT teams.
it is Malinois (Belgian Shepherd Dog) is best dog for military operations, because it is very intelligent, easy to train, faster, agile, more energetic than any other dogs.

watch this video from 19:20, you can see the how agile and energetic Malinois is.

also watch this video...

Very right brother, Belgian Malinoes are the best, I have ever seen. It saved my and my troops life in this september only. Though this IED was planted 1.5 feet deep in the ground still our Malinoes dog Mary was able to sniff it out. It was planted on a beaten track on the way to a naxal supporting village situated deep down in jungle.

Earlier mostly used by CRPF, Labrador are good sniffer but they cannot walk more than 5 km. Whereas in CRPF, we have to walk minimum 15 km a day in anti naxal ops. Then they become liability. Dog handler has to carry them on their back for rest of ops.

And German Shepherds are good tracker dog but not so good Sniffer, which is most important for detecting IEDs

HT Syndication: Article Search

BENGALURU: Mudhol hound, a popular dog breed from north Karnataka, may soon be competing with foreign breeds in the Indian Army to hound criminals and sniff out bombs.

Talks are going on between the Canine Research and Information Centre at Timmapur (CRIC) in Bagalkot district and Remount Veterinary Corps (RVC) of the Army to induct Mudhol hounds in the force. While CRIC is involved in the development and conservation of Mudhol hounds, RVC trains dogs for the Army and takes care of them.

Baga.jpg

There is a proposal to induct Mudhol hounds into the Indian Army. Talks are on, but are still in the beginning stage. Colonel K K Mishra of RVC has recently asked CRIC to provide more details about these hounds. If they find these dogs suitable for Army services, then the matter is likely to be taken up further,” Mahesh Doddamani, station in-charge of CRIC, told Express.

The proposal to induct the hounds into the Army was first mooted by commissioner of Union Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries Dr Suresh Honnappagol, a Kannadiga, who worked as vice-chancellor of Karnataka Veterinary, Animal and Fisheries Sciences University, Bidar under which CRIC functions.

Bagalkot's Mudhol Hounds to Give Indian Army More Bite? -The New Indian Express

bhai inki Effective Range kitne hay ??

Very right brother, Belgian Malinoes are the best, I have ever seen. It saved my and my troops life in this september only. Though this IED was planted 1.5 feet deep in the ground still our Malinoes dog Mary was able to sniff it out. It was planted on a beaten track on the way to a naxal supporting village situated deep down in jungle.

Earlier mostly used by CRPF, Labrador are good sniffer but they cannot walk more than 5 km. Whereas in CRPF, we have to walk minimum 15 km a day in anti naxal ops. Then they become liability. Dog handler has to carry them on their back for rest of ops.

And German Shepherds are good tracker dog but not so good Sniffer, which is most important for detecting IEDs

HT Syndication: Article Search

Labrodor can't walk more than 5 Kms ?

All a dog can do is walk and run only right ?

@vsdoc your opinion please

Its a typical hound. Built for speed.

Probably a very good nose too.

All depends on what the theater of operations are and what use it is going to be put to.

I agree with some posters here. Belgian Malinois are battle tried. And not very high maintenance (short fur, tough,
no GSD type hip dysplasia).

Cheers, Doc

KOMBAI
THE FEARLESS BEAR HOUND DOG

As a guard dog, the Combai is superior to the Rajapalayam. The Combai were used for hunting and keeping watch. Nowadays, these are mostly used as guard dogs in farm houses. Years ago they were used to guard people's cattle from tigers and leopards. A Combai is as intelligent and sensible a family dog as a German Shepherd, and as ferocious as a Rottweiler to intruders. It is an athletic and intelligent breed. Contrary to the popular belief of its savage temper, the Combai is very alert, a good family dog, loves to play with children and enjoys human companionship. It clearly senses who is welcome and not. As an intelligent dog, the Combai strives to please its master and generally responds to the mood and command of its master from its infancy. It is difficult to find a purebred Combai now-a-days, as the importance of this dog has diminished.

In demanding circumstances, they can fight intruders (whether humans or animals) until death.
f6e31e814c0ff91b955e36a7d08c58a8

Combai%20Dog%20Breed%20(2).jpg

I have one kombai in my farm and to tell you all the german sheperds and dobermans and dalmations are useless in front of it because it is a naturallly evolved breed unlike human designed breeds, and is compleatly maintenence free, and has all the qualities of the best guard dog breeds.may be army should try these dogs for guarding their posts, and to tell the truth these dogs will die with its master never abandon him, the only drawback is it does not have a fancy look which dog lovers want, but for me it does work more than needed for, sad that pure breed kombais are in the edge of extnction. if our army selects these dogs it would be great.

I have got a Kombai in my farm as well.. He is no less than a Savage. It costed me 10 bites and 2 stitches on my left leg in befriending him. He is loyal and will be at the forefront of any dangerous adventure you take him to.

I have got a Kombai in my farm as well.. He is no less than a Savage. It costed me 10 bites and 2 stitches on my left leg in befriending him. He is loyal and will be at the forefront of any dangerous adventure you take him to.

Did u buy as pup ?

Or you got introduced later ?

Make sure the dogs don't come back and bite hindutva turds behinds

Brother i know they have the qualities of an GSD and Rottweiler, my dog regularly makes rounds around the farm and asks for gratitude, when I present it with biscuits and milk its happy, and it is very defending, what do you say about kumbais in army they are gonna rip the enemy's, and it will not leave its opponent until it is shot or bombed :lol:

Rajapalayam - one more nice breed.
rajapalayam_dog_916403d-jpg.268732
A friend from TN says they had this Rajapalyam dog during childhood days. He says, once when this dog was left indoor, the dog tried to kill him, he managed to shut the dog in a room to save his life. Wonder, whether it is a intelligent breed?

A friend from TN says they had this Rajapalyam dog during childhood days. He says, once when this dog was left indoor, the dog tried to kill him, he managed to shut the dog in a room to save his life. Wonder, whether it is a intelligent breed?

Not all dogs do that , but any dog can do it , not just raja palayam ..

My father had a pair of in his farm house..Common traits of this breed are that it's fiercely loyal and a great guard dog. It's normally not trained like other dogs...its rather trained to attack intruders and wild animals. .its a hunter dog.

Labrodor can't walk more than 5 Kms ?

All a dog can do is walk and run only right ?

No brother. Inhouse strolling and park walk wid owner is different but walking in jungle is different. Weather is killing there throughout year. Humidity and unfriendly terrain. Its too much for a Lab dog. Even in 8 km walk, we had to take 10 min break after every 2km to give the dog some rest and get his breath back.

Another problem is that cost of training a dog is very high therefore utmost care is taken of it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom