What's new

Bahrain Airshow 2016 : Light Combat Aircraft Tejas in action

You haven't seen Chinese speaking in Urdu, they amazed me, little child just three years old I guess and was more fluent in Urdu than me. I am sure Chinese are well versed in English as well otherwise why would they manufacture USA's flag............................

Lol. So? Do u know the former chief of Tamil Sangam was a Japanese?
Nope. Chinese arent well versed in English. I have been there. Most of the important project managers or persons who deal with clients are Hong Kongers or Singaporean Chinese. Hell in the hotel I stayed, only one women spoke proper English.

This is not to belittle them. Speaking in one's native language is a pride. But better in English? I am afraid not.

Lol. So? Do u know the former chief of Tamil Sangam was a Japanese?
Nope. Chinese arent well versed in English. I have been there. Most of the important project managers or persons who deal with clients are Hong Kongers or Singaporean Chinese. Hell in the hotel I stayed, only one women spoke proper English.

This is not to belittle them. Speaking in one's native language is a pride. But better in English? I am afraid not.

Okay then tell you what I am happy to give credit to our boys they fly jets that have manuals written in Chinese, and bomb the enemy too.

Okay now you and your countrymen can digest this?

Okay then tell you what I am happy to give credit to our boys they fly jets that have manuals written in Chinese, and bomb the enemy too.

Okay now you and your countrymen can digest this?

Ok. I digest. There is no problems in learning Chinese. Even today IA officers learn Russian.

Hi, Mastan; you can go on and on and on.........like the "Duracell Rabbit" :rofl:
I will give you marks for verbiage but not for coherence......

You have (as you are prone to) made statements that lack substantiation e.g. "It was to mint money and keep jobs secure for the scientists and enginers and they succeeded." Can you provide even a shred of evidence to back that up?

At least the blokes did that on their own with their own design; can't say that for many people can I ? ;)

Then you are even daft enough to say "so an elephant would fly after 30 years" :lol:
Here then...... let me give you 30 years, and you show me an Elephant that you can fly. And I'll then be forced to accept that even Pigs and Horses can fly.

You have demonstrated that you can write, but it is quite a different thing to be able to write rationally; maybe you would like to consider that, perhaps?

Au Revoir. :)

Hi,

Here
Ahhh, our Duracell Rabbit goes on and on and on...... :lol:
..... if only persistence could substitute for sense.
Having a dull day at the used car lot, janaab? :)

hey sir,

I have never ben disrespectful to you-----don't call me names.

Hi,

Here

hey sir,

I have never ben disrespectful to you-----don't call me names.

No Janaab, I am not calling you names...... I am just "calling you out". :)

I wonder if the addition of LEVCONs will make a difference. I personally want to see the naval version make a flight display.

fkKFdZe.jpg

UWkyGYF.jpg

1S0bgDr.jpg

LEVCONS have a very specific purpose, they allow the aircraft to come in to land at a reduced speed, while still retaining Lift.

No, it doesn't.

"Flying" in object means nothing much. Even gliders fly.

Tejas aren't ready to be deployed yet. They don't "fly" in military sense. They aren't integrated and tested with all the weapons that Indian Air Force wants. They have been in process of "development" for more than 2 decades now!!, yet they failed to achieve the deployment status.

Tejas, as a program, is a failure. However, I'm sure, Indians learnt quite alot through it. Every failure teaches you something, right?

Chinese-Pak JF-17 has been a truly successfully program coming out of that region though. JF-17s are already deployed and have conducted serious operations against insurgents in North-Western Pakistan. If I'm not wrong, JF-17s have now entered their "second" phase as well--that is, an upgradation from block 1 (originally deployed) to a more advance block II with block III in the pipelines.

Pakistan Air Force is flying multiple squadrons of JF-17s in operational roles. Tejas aren't flown by IAF and most likely will never be flown in great numbers.

Btw, can somebody give us the full video of Tejas performance with good camera work?
a student score 50 and feels proud that he passed the exam
another student score 80 and feels sad that he could not reach to his expectations of achieving 90..sure he failed

The reason why Bahrain Airshow authorities didn't allow JF-17 for two reason
1. Chinese should fly Chinese fighters.....not Pakistanis.
2. Logo should be from the manufacturing country not from a neighboring country.

Pakistan didn't go for the show because...

1. Guilty feeling.....Driving the neighbors car.
2. Cannot compete with India....
3. Instructions on how to fly....are in Chinese language..

So when India said "we are going to take care of you" in Bahrain.... You ran away by leaving the hanger empty . Now who will pay for the hanger ? Pakistani taxpayers..sorry...Chinese ...with an interest rate of 35%.

Moral...Eat only .what we can eat....:taz::chilli::guns::sleep:
you nailed the head :D

Hi,

Please don't give us the sob story of the " learning curve "----. This was a failed program right from the beginning and has not changed since then. It was to mint money and keep jobs secure for the scientists and engineers and they succeeded.

How many batches of employees retired on this project!!!!!

So---at 30 years plus---the scientist saw the mood of the nation and said---we cannot stretch it anymore---.

BFD---so an elephant would fly after 30 years---if it had gone thru all those modifications.

Hi,

We are silent at your stupidity---a 30 years old project now flying at a foreign airshow for the very first time yesterday---you guys ought to die in shame---at the level of your incompetence.

@MastanKhan; since you bothered to write something (or the other) in response to the points that I made; I need to call you out on your (non-existent) points.

You have (as you are prone to) made statements that lack substantiation e.g. "It was to mint money and keep jobs secure for the scientists and enginers and they succeeded." Can you provide even a shred of evidence to back that up? Just saying something that hangs in the air; does not mean anything.

At least the blokes who designed and built that aircraft did that on their own with their own design; can't say that for many people; can I ?

Then you even came up with another daft statement to say "so an elephant would fly after 30 years"
Here then...... let me give you 30 years, and you show me an Elephant that you can fly. And I'll then be forced to accept that even Pigs and Horses can fly.

You have demonstrated that you can write, but it is quite a different thing to be able to write substantially and rationally; maybe you would like to consider that, perhaps? I hope that you will not indulge yourself too much in a penchant to say something dramatic, but is insubstantial; to say the least.

Au Revoir. :)

Hold on IAF...WTF this guy is smoking ?

No IAF fighter pilots are in BAIS except the NTFC test piliots and Sarang Heli pilots.

Once again who's this person ----Aaaah... Alan ..Period

PS-Telling you with my own personal experience except fighter pilots ,I never met a guy from Transporter or heli ever talk about Jf 17.

No Janaab, I am not calling you names...... I am just "calling you out". :)

LEVCONS have a very specific purpose, they allow the aircraft to come in to land at a reduced speed, while still retaining Lift.

Being a control surface, won't it improve maneuvarability ?

How far is it different from canards ?

Seems like he's putting words in the mouths of the officer, filling in "they" for (PAF) when the PAF weren't the designers of the plane so clearly if such a comment was to be made it would be at the people in Chengdu?

Anyway, I find it hard to believe an IAF officer would say that (not that there would be many IAF offcials there willing to make such weird statements) as what exactly has the JF-17 achevied in such a short span of time? Create a single variant of a rather mediocre design using rather backwards technologies? In the same period the ADA/HAL have created 4 different variants of the LCA- single seat AF, twin seat AF, single seat Navy, twin seat Navy, written the enitire set of flight control laws in house for the quadruplex FBW, intergrated contemporary systems like HMDS, IFR etc etc- none of which the JF-17 program can boast of.

Come back to me when the Thunder is doing this:

tumblr_nhifavXO4e1tjfjuco5_400.gif

tumblr_nhifavXO4e1tjfjuco2_400.gif

tumblr_nhifavXO4e1tjfjuco4_400.gif

tumblr_nhifavXO4e1tjfjuco3_400.gif

tumblr_nhifavXO4e1tjfjuco1_400.gif

Even on the production front, the JF-17/PAC aren't exactly setting the world on fire- 4-5 years down the line and averaging 7-8 a/c a year? Within 2 years HAL's LCA production rate will be 16/year. For HAL, the MKI's production rate is 19-20/year (a comparable product vis a vis Pakistan and ToT).

I see little to be impressed by from an IAF perspective.

@PARIKRAMA @Vauban @MilSpec @bloo @Water Car Engineer @SpArK

Or lack of Gripen!

Airplanes were not invented when we fought our last war (in 1814),
so it is hard to tell.

Hi Cardinal,

That was not a very intelligent post---now wast it!!!!!

Just pointing out that success or failure is not determinated when something is delivered,
but rather how it behaves once delivered.
So even if something is delivered after 30 years of development,
it does not matter if it is good enough.
If India had lost a war because it was late, then there is an argument.

Whether the Tejas is good enough remains to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom