What's new

Baloch state of Farrukhnagar (1732-1857)

My state UP also has heavy links with Pashtuns. Do you know about RohillaKhand, a region named after the Rohilla tribe? It was ruled by the Rohillas and the state is named after them. They don't know pashto language but are proficient in urdu. When partition occurred many moved to the newly created Pakistan and are known to be urdu speakers because they could not speak Pashto. Many Yousufzais and Dilazaks settled in UP too.
Not just Rohilkhand, i was reading in old pre-partiton Awadh gazetteer that most numerous muslim caste of Awadh is Pathan (Their rulers 18th century were Persians though). There were already old Pathan settlements but Nawabs of Awadh in 18th century also encouraged settlement of Shia Pashtuns in Awadh.

It means large number of Muslims of U.P and Bihar , their origin, culture and civilization, is derived from the Pashtuns. There were also many Baloch settlements in U.P.......@Rockstar and @Secur should keep in this mind.

An interesting fact that i want to mention here: The famous Suraj Mal Jat was killed by Sayyid Muhammad Khan Baloch , a commander of Najib-daula (The Rohilla chief). @DESERT FIGHTER

Last edited:
They sent boys dressed as girls who attacked the Persians .. Dumb troll..(can't take your bs anymore).

calling a article based on history a troll ??? what are you smoking these days ??

did you even go to school to get education ?? and you even read what i post ?? just jumping around like your baloch brothers and chanting about your pride ???

I wonder if anyone here has played crusador kings 2. It features so many ancient nations. I believe the Soomra Kingdom too along with the Ghaznavids is included in the game. Only problem is I am still trying to learn how to play the goddamn game ever since I downloaded it. I love strategy games especially those based on history. They give so much knowledge.

His post was actually knowledgeable but his condescending tone is inappropriate. He is still making fun of Baloch and Pashtuns.

well i am not making fun of anyone , i just post the article i find interesting , and making fun of peoples , its not me , they are making fun of themselves , as calling every post as troll post without even reading :P

calling a article based on history a troll ??? what are you smoking these days ??

Something much less potent than the shit you are on!

did you even go to school to get education ??
Much better than the "angreesi" medium you studied at..

and you even read what i post ??
i did and also saw the "smilies" you used .. not to forget the shit you posted in the previous thread .. Insulting me,my ethnic background and all other ethnicities of this country .. for no reason except butthurt..
just jumping around like your baloch brothers and chanting about your pride ???
Did I jump on your tail ? If not than why is me showing proud in my ethnic backgroud hurtin your feeling ...you orphan of history ? It's not our fault .

Last edited:
Baluchistan Tribal System
The social organization of the Balochis is based on blood kinship. Different groups of people mostly descend from a common ancestor. Members of each group share common interests and liabilities. This has made clan organization the basis of Baloch society. Every sub-clan (paro) represents a family, and a few sub-clans or paros together constitute a clan. Several clans grouped together make a tribe (tuman).

Although Khans of Kalat introduced and developed the institution of army but as regards the recruitment of army men, there was no specific critarion. Every able-bodied tribesman was supposed to take up arms in an emergency. Major Pottinger in a visit to court of the Khan of Kalan in 1810, seeing a register reported Baloch armed strength to be 250,000 men.

Baloch people are patriarchal in nature. They pay a deference successively to their elders or headman, of the household (paro), tent or of the village, of the clan and of the tribe. These chiefs are the main custodian of the Baloch society. They are the martial administrator as well as judicial head. They enjoy distinct superiority over their fellows and are never challanged in their unlimited powers.

In this perspective of the Baloch society a chiefless tribe, if any, occupied in the lowest position devoid of any honor, safety and protection. The social tie among the members of one tribe implies unconditional sincerity to the members of clan fellow. The chief of a paro (sub-clan or family) is usually its eldest member and is known as Wadera. The chief of a clan known as Muqaddam or Tukkri is either nominated by the sardar (tribal chief) or is elected by the Waderas. However, this mostly use to be a hereditary institution and election or nomination is made from amongst the descendants of the former Mugaddam or Tukkri.

The tribal chief or "Sardar" is always hereditary and is mostly the eldest son of a deceased Sardar. However, if the eldest son is undeserving or disliked, election amongst other sons or brothers of the deceased can be made. This election is made by Tukkries or Mugaddams. Once the election or nomination has been made it is unanimously accepted by all and for ever. It had been very rare that people have revolted against sovereignty of their chiefs.

The tribal system has given rise to the institution of Jirga. Jirga or its equivalents "Punchayat" of India or "Baradari" of India and Punjab had been an essential part of all primitive societies. In this ancient institution, elites gather together and dispose of the disputes of people in accordance with the prevailing customs, keeping in view, the seriousness of the crime and the respective faults of the parties. The decisions handed down by the Jirga (mostly Sardars) are fully respected by all members of the society and are fully enforceable.

Disputes with another tribe have always been a common feature of all tribal societies. The offence committed by an individual is considered to be committed by whole of the tribe and the affected one is not an individual but the whole tribe. It is responsibility of the Sardar or Tukkri to take revenge, on behalf of the tribe, even though the chief himself or his family members may not be directly affected.

The history of Balochistan is full of inter-tribal feuds, conflicts and disputes. Mostly tribal conflicts give rise to wars. The war between Mir Chakar of Rind tribe and Mir Gohram of Lashari tribe was also of the same nature. Raman, son of Gohram and Rehan, a nephew of Mir Chakar went to a horse race. As per decision of some Rind elders, Rehan was declared winner; Raman Lashari was not satisfied with the decision and thus attacked the horses of Gohar, a lady who had sought refuge with Mir Chakar Khan Rind. This attack was taken as an attack on Rind tribe and Lashari tribe was attacked in revenge. This led to wars extending for thirty.years and costing thousands of lives. In the recent past, Marri and Bugti tribes fought for twenty years, costing hundred and thirty lives. Similarly Bugti and Jakhrani tribes, in a feud of thirty years, lost two hundred lives.

The inter-tribal disputes have given rise to the institution of "Mairh" or "Marka". Usually these feuds continue for years till either one party is completely destroyed or the party at fault realizes and accepts its crime. If crime is accepted, tribal elites of the accused side go to the elites of the other party to settle the issue. The elites of the other side either forgive them or impose a reasonable fine. The sending of tribal elites to the other party to settle an issue is known as Mairh. The importance of the institution of Mairh can be realized from the fact that twenty years long Marri-Bugti war was settled just in three days.

People of Balochistan have resisted enforcement of criminal procedure code or police administration, just because they feel a sense of security in this apparently backward system of Jirga and Mairh. Even by the mid-1990s, out of an area of 134,000 square miles, police system was applicable only to 220 square miles while rest of the Balochistan was ruled under the old system.

Baluchistan Tribal System

Something much less potent than the shit you are on!

Much better than the "angreesi" medium you studied at..

i did and also saw the "smilies" you used .. not to forget the shit you posted in the previous thread .. Insulting me,my ethnic background and all other ethnicities of this country .. for no reason except butthurt..

Did I jump on your tail ? If not than why is me showig proud in my ethnic backgroud hurtin your feeling ...you orphan of history ? It's not our fault .

i dont smoke anything nor did i ever do :)

i study in Govt school .. is that make you happy ??
but at least i did take any sort of education , at least better than living under the tribal system no ?

previous thread was nothing but showing a mirror , and let me ask you a simple Question , if you belong to a Army background how come you are praising yourself as Baloch ?? why not being a Pakistani :azn:

well i would proudly accept to be orphan rather than born among st Animals ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Farrukhnagar City History-Importance-Origin-Architecture
History of Farrukhnagar: Farrukhnagar was ruled by Nawab Faujdar Khan, later Dalel Khan, of the Baloch dynasty before it was captured by the Mughals in the 17th century. It was ruled by the Mughal Emperor Farrukh Shah from 1732 A.D who made Nawab Faujdar Khan his Governor. In this reign Nawab Faujdar Khan built the Farrukhnagar fort and developed the town in an octagonal shape protecting it well from any foreign invasion. The successor of Faujdar Khan, Nawab Kamgar Khan ruled over the region until the Jat ruler of Bharatpur, Suraj Mal defeated him in the battle and took over the place around 1757 A.D. After Suraj Mal’s death the area was regained by Nawab Musa Khan in 1763 A.D.

Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan (his successor) with the help of the neighboring regions like Rewari, Ballabhgarh and Jhajjar participated in the first war of independence in 1857.

They were defeated and the region was taken over by the British in 1858. Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan is however still remembered as a state hero and a freedom fighter. After independence, Farrukhnagar was declared as a separate municipality in 1967.

The town was once an important trading center for salt extracted from nearby saline wells. This salt was called Sultanpur Salt after Sultanpur, the most important salt-works of the region. Every year about 18,500 tons of salt was exported all over the world. As this trade was a great source of revenue to the government, the British officials levied a tax of Rs 2 per maund (one maund = 37 kg). This high tax resulted in the rise in the price of salt. The Sultanpur Salt became expensive comparatively and the sales fell down. Finally due to the downfall of the trade, production of salt was prohibited by the British in 1923 when the office of Salt Superintendent was closed.

Post independence Farrukhnagar became a part of the Haryana district and the economy and development of this region is more or less dependent on the close by NCR Delhi.

Nawab Faujdar Khan of the Baloch dynasty (until 17th century)
Mughal Emperor Farrukh Shah (1732 – 1757)
Jat ruler Suraj Mal (1757 – 1763)
Nawab Musa Khan (1763 A.D – 1808)
Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan (1808 - 1858)
The British (1858 – 1947) are the rulers who ruled the kingdom.

Farrukhnagar town was once an important trading center for salt which was extracted from nearby saline wells. The place is also famous for its rich historical and architectural monuments.

Famous Personalities in Farrukhnagar:
Nawab Faujdar Khan, Emperor Farrukh Siyar, King Suraj Mal, Musa Khan, Rao Tula Ram, Raja Nahar Singh, Nawab Ahmed Ali Khan, Nawab Shah Dad Khan, Mughal Emperor Alamgir II, Bahadur Khan, Taj Mohammed Khan, Rukn ud-din in, Nawab Kamgar Khan, Rao Gujar Mal, etc.

http://prr.hec.gov.pk/Chapters/4054H-2.pdf

here is another good read

I agree that different people see history differently and we are the best judges of how we see history. For example the mughal emperor Akbar. He was known as a villain by Hindus yet is a hero and savior from others. That having been said it still does not make it right what you are doing by insulting his history.

Your posts are clear provocations instead of being knowledgeable and only show that you are not beyond the ethnic issue. We urdu speakers (hate that term) who our friends like Rockstar here, like to remind us constantly are the richest and most educated ethnic group. But this also comes with extra responsibility. Unfortunately many fell into the insidious pit of death. Insulting others became a becon of muhajir identity itself.

My biggest beef with my so called muhajir family is that our forefathers, khandaan and other peoples responsibility among peoples who migrated was to make sure Pakistan prospered and became powerful. Instead a lot of people that migrated adopted the same mentality of a village dhoti cleaner and started mistreating other ethnic groups.

When 3 major leaders of Pakistan can make the claim that they do not believe in Pakistan all based on their ethnicity. How is Pakistan going to progress.

did you even go to school to get education ?? and you even read what i post ?? just jumping around like your baloch brothers and chanting about your pride ???

There are some fundamental differences between urdu speakers (hate that term)and others but we live in the same country and should all be proud Pakistanis. What does a good Pakistani entail. It emphasizes on the brotherhood of our people. It does not rely on hatred of other ethnic groups. Jinnah envisioned a united strong nation. We are neither united nor strong.

well i am not making fun of anyone , i just post the article i find interesting , and making fun of peoples , its not me , they are making fun of themselves , as calling every post as troll post without even reading :P

Oh come on, the moment someone knows that you're trolling other Pakistanis you start claiming you did nothing in fear of a ban. You are still here after some of the most disparaging reviews upon the Marri's just because they are another ethnic group.

After a long long time i read something sensible , but let me clarify few thing which is on my " Damaan " :D
Akbar was hero or villian , we are no one to judge , secondly you dont believe me that , my Childhood best friends are Sindhi and one Balochi ( i forgot his caste but he was Gawadar ) when i grew up and come into college , my friends were again Sindhi and Balochi , one was punjabi if i am not wrong , and when i was doing my graduation , again my friends were , Pathan , Sindhi , and one Baloch ... we all had a lot of fun ... because you know why , they are not that proud of the "BABA ADAM " tribal system they were once part of .... living in Karachi amongst Urdu speaking peoples give them a sense of living a different life ...
what i read here a lot of time that Why punjabi Muhajir dont call themselves muhajir's , its because they were migrated from parts of Punjab , same or similar language and life style , its only border that seperate the Indian and Pakistani side of Punjab ...
we who come to Karachi , were getting targeted ? why just because we didnt adopt the sindh wadera culture , we were Educated more than anyone that exist in Pakistan at that time ,and when we ( Urdu speaking ) peoples starting to get high positions in Pakistan Govt this what our fellow country men did to us :)

THE GREAT MUHAJIR MASSACRE OF 1965

Most Pakistanis, and every Muhajir, will be familiar with the infamous “Operation Cleanup”. This was a brutal state sponsored attack on the Karachi Muhajirs in the early 1990s, both under Nawaz Sharif (1992) and then Benazir Bhutto (1993-4). Touted as an operation against the MQM, Pakistan security forces killed thousands of Muhajirs and caused enormous damage. This terrible event had a precedent in 1965 (on a much smaller scale), when Gohar Ayub (son of military dictator Ayub Khan) launched a pre-meditated attack on Karachi’s Muhajirs after the 1965 election. The 1965 massacre was carried out not by the armed forces, but by Karachi Pathans, who were firm supporters of Ayub Khan.

Gohar Ayub with his father and President Eisenhower of the USA

Fatima Jinnah had dared to oppose Ayub Khan, in a farcical 1965 election with only 80,000 handpicked voters. Despite Ayub’s victory, the sheer scale of Fatima Jinnah’s popular support meant that Ayub’s honeymoon period was definitely over.

The Muhajirs of Karachi were at the forefront of opposition to Ayub. After the election, Ayub Khan decided to take bloody revenge on the Muhajirs. Gohar Ayub (son of the dictator) organised a victory parade in Karachi with thousands of Karachi Pathans. After the parade, Gohar Ayub’s Pathans descended on Muhajir areas to teach them a severe lesson on behalf of their Master, Ayub. More than 30 Muhajirs were killed (an enormous death toll in those pre-Taliban days), and hundreds of Muhajirs left homeless after their homes were burnt to ashes. This was the first government sponsored massacre of Muhajirs, and it was a key event in the road to the creation of MQM (originally APMSO) in 1978.

I shall examine the 1965 elections in more detail another time. For the purpose of this article, here’s some background information. The 1965 election was the first national leadership election in Pakistan’s history. Ayub Khan (military dictator) had been in power since 1958. After growing discontent, Ayub finally decided to hold an election so he could legitimise his rule. However, Ayub wanted to ensure that he would win the election. Therefore, Ayub appointed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto as Minister for Basic Democracies in January 1960 (amongst other Ministerial positions). Bhutto devised a predictably crooked and anti-democratic system for Ayub, named “Basic Democracy”.

Under this system, 80,000 voters (Basic Democrats) would be “selected” by local voters across Pakistan. These 80,000 voters would then vote in a new election for the Presidency. The end result was that Ayub only had to control and manage these 80,000 voters, rather than appeal to millions of faceless voters. Voting was held in scret, with results monitored down to Tehsil (Sub-sub-district level) of which there are several thousand in Pakistan. It thus was quite straightforward for Ayub to assess which tehsils had supported him. For those who supported him, more benefits were provided to the tehsil, as well as to the Basic Democrats personally. By contrast, Fatima Jinnah wished to remove this fundamentally anti-democratic system of “Basic Democracy”, which meant the Basic Democrats themselves would lose their positions.

The 80,000 Basic Democrats were heavily in favour of Dictator Ayub

Although Ayub Khan won the election by wide margin in West Pakistan (Sindh, Punjab, NWFP and Balochistan), he won only narrowly in East Pakistan (20,720-18,280). Karachi was the only place Ayub lost (1,049-837). Ayub had been used to governing Pakistan as an overlord – he was booed and heckled for 5 minutes at a rally in Karachi which must have humiliated him. Fatima Jinnah’s election campaign (with mass rallies in East Pakistan) had revealed deep opposition to Ayub there.

With this background, Ayub was determined to crush the main source of opposition, the Muhajirs of Karachi. It was for this reason that Ayub asked his son, Gohar Ayub, to organise a victory parade in Karachi. There is no record of any such victory parade held anywhere else in Pakistan. To an outside observer, it would seem most bizarre that the location Ayub Khan decided to hold a victory parade was the only place in Pakistan where he lost the vote.

The victory parade was held on January 5th. Given that the election results were announced on January 3rd 1965, it seems that this was a very rapidly organised parade.

Gohar Ayub, then a 28-year old business tycoon who had amassed a fortune after leaving the Army (serving as ADC to his own father), rounded up thousands of his Pathan supporters for the victory parade. Pathans, armed with guns, knives and other weapons, headed into central Karachi (Federal Area) in crammed buses and taxis. After stabbing ordinary passers-by, they then looted Muhajir businesses. Two groups of Pathans then moved to Laluketh and Gujjar Nallah (Liaquatabad) areas, where they proceeded to loot more businesses, attack passers-by, and set homes on fire. Many Muhajirs were trapped in their homes and burnt alive. Some were even killed by Police firing.

To all observers, it was clear that the Karachi victory parade could only have been held on the instigation of Ayub Khan. No-one in Ayub’s group would move a finger without his approval, let alone hold a provocative rally. Once this is established, it can be seen that the specific objective of this rally was to attack the Muhajirs, and the order came right from the top.

As this article observes, “Police were slow to intervene, and the Army, which was brought in that night, took no strong measures”.

However, the Karachi massacre had been noted by the world media. Therefore, Ayub Khan decided to organise a sham Inquiry into the Riots. He appointed Malik Amir Mohammed Khan (otherwise known as the Nawab of Kalabagh) to head this inquiry.

It should be noted that Kalabagh (not really a Nawab) and General Wajid Ali Burki (Imran Khan’s uncle/khalu) were the 2 right hand men of Ayub Khan. Their 3 houses were even built next to each other in Islamabad. Kalabagh (and Burki) must have been part of the decision to teach the Muhajirs a lesson. Also, Gohar Ayub must have been like a nephew to Kalabagh – after all, he was his boss’ son! To add even greater insult to injury, another member of the 3-person committee to investigate the Pathan massacre was the Commissioner of Dera Ismail Khan (a Pathan town in the north of Pakistan).

Therefore, with the announcement of this inquiry it became even clearer to Muhajirs that the full force of the Pakistan government and armed forces was stacked against them.

We should be grateful to a presumably long forgotten Mr Shamsuddin , who was courageous enough to file a legal complaint against Gohar Ayub (and his cousin Ashraf Khan) for instigating the massacre. Needless to say, Gohar Ayub was not punished.

The Great Muhajir Massacre of 1965 was a clear statement to Karachi Muhajirs from the Pakistan Dictator Establishment (Government and Army). Muhajirs were largely excluded from power by a Punjabi-dominated establishment, buttressed by violent and almost entirely illiterate Pathan foot soldiers. West Pakistan was governed as “One Unit” (ie Province) from Lahore. The capital of Pakistan had recently been shifted from Karachi to Islamabad (northern Punjab).

The massacre was meant to teach Muhajirs to accept Ayub’s hegemony, rather than try to stir up the East Pakistanis against Ayub. Although the massacre was explained as an unexpected by-product from the victory parade, it was obvious to observers that the massacre had occurred through a government decision (ie decision of Ayub personally).

In case of Muhajir misbehaviour, the Establishment would use its supporters (in this case Pathans) to attack the Muhajirs whilst Police/Army did little to intervene. This trend would grow in the following decades, as the Establishment decided to bring in millions more Pathans into Karachi for precisely the same reason.

Figures of 30 dead, a few hundred injured and hundreds homeless were enormous figures in Pakistan then (although sadly not anymore). The 1965 Muhajir Massacre was a key event in defining Muhajir grievances, and it would have been a fresh memory in 1978 when All-Pakistan Muhajir Students Organisation (precursor to MQM) was founded.

i know its a off topic , but it was something to clear your mind ,that Urdu speaking and muhajir term is not derived by a Karachi university student , it is reality and you and i have to live with it ....

and you really think that i care about -rating or fear of getting banned ?? common man .. you cant be serious ,
Copy pasted from a blog of MQM
The Great Muhajir Massacre of 1965 | MQM History
Members are requested not to turn a history thread on balochs into MQM, Mohajir discussion. Thanks

i was expecting this :)

dont read where i took it from , just read what its saying ...

there is no Hadith that whatever MQM said will be a Lie , or is there any ? :)

and last time MQM warned the govt of Talibans coming to Karachi , people think they are bluffing and its nothing but their Hate against Pathan, but eventually Karachi ended , in surrounded by taliban from 3 sides

there is no Hadith that whatever MQM said will be a Lie , or is there any ? :)

and last time MQM warned the govt of Talibans coming to Karachi , people think they are bluffing and its nothing but their Hate against Pathan, but eventually Karachi ended , in surrounded by taliban from 3 sides

I welcome your change in tone and that you have other friends than just muhajirs. However I would like to tell you that I believe the narrative against operation clean up is merely propaganda and there was no choice but operation clean up. It was also done in 1992 rather than 1965.

Think about this. If we muhajirs (I am using the term because there isn't another even though I hate it) become self aware of how MQM and other ethnic parties are responsible for dividing Pakistan and stop voting for them what will MQM have? That is where the narrative "we muhajirs are extremely oppressed" of the MQM comes through.

If muhajirs stop believing they are oppressed, they might stop voting for MQM. That is why they turn national problems into ethnic problems. Ayub Khan was a violent dictator who opposed Fatima Jinnah who was one of the founders of Pakistan. Any Pakistani regardless of race has a moral duty to support Fatima and will, not just urdu speakers as we call ourselves.

This is a reality with each party. Akhtar Mengal of the BNP has often played the ethnic card too though if you talk to him he never wants to divide Pakistan. Personally I am against all ethnic political parties and bemoan the PMLN and PPP equally as they have ethnic linkages too. ANP leader said he is Pashtun first, Muslim second and Pakistani last. Hakim Ali Zardari called Jinnah a suwar ka bacha. But then so did Altaf give a speech calling partition a blunder. We should for Pakistan steer clear of these parties. They make us racist in our outlook of the world.

Let me show you some points over this too, so you can see the other side. Some facts:
1) Muhajirs language urdu is the national language
2) Muhajirs are the highest earning ethnic group in the country with a gdp per capita 13,000 ruppees more than the Punjabis
3) MQM was formed in 1984. (APMSO earlier). During the years 1985-1990 Pakistan saw violence like which was never seen before. Notably at least 3000 people died in them.

Anyway. We should not transgress. The thread is about Farukhnagar, lets focus on Farukhnagar.

I welcome your change in tone and that you have other friends than just muhajirs. However I would like to tell you that I believe the narrative against operation clean up is merely propaganda and there was no choice but operation clean up. It was also done in 1992 rather than 1965.

Think about this. If we muhajirs (I am using the term because there isn't another even though I hate it) become self aware of how MQM and other ethnic parties are responsible for dividing Pakistan and stop voting for them what will MQM have? That is where the narrative "we muhajirs are extremely oppressed" of the MQM comes through.

If muhajirs stop believing they are oppressed, they might stop voting for MQM. That is why they turn national problems into ethnic problems. Ayub Khan was a violent dictator who opposed Fatima Jinnah who was one of the founders of Pakistan. Any Pakistani regardless of race has a moral duty to support Fatima and will, not just urdu speakers as we call ourselves.

This is a reality with each party. Akhtar Mengal of the BNP has often played the ethnic card too though if you talk to him he never wants to divide Pakistan. Personally I am against all ethnic political parties and bemoan the PMLN and PPP equally as they have ethnic linkages too. ANP leader said he is Pashtun first, Muslim second and Pakistani last. Hakim Ali Zardari called Jinnah a suwar ka bacha. But then so did Altaf give a speech calling partition a blunder. We should for Pakistan steer clear of these parties. They make us racist in our outlook of the world.

Let me show you some points over this too, so you can see the other side. Some facts:
1) Muhajirs language urdu is the national language
2) Muhajirs are the highest earning ethnic group in the country with a gdp per capita 13,000 ruppees more than the Punjabis
3) MQM was formed in 1984. (APMSO earlier). During the years 1985-1990 Pakistan saw violence like which was never seen before. Notably at least 3000 people died in them.

Anyway. We should not transgress. The thread is about Farukhnagar, lets focus on Farukhnagar.

well i would like to reply to you , but this is not the thread i think , lets not ruined this thread ..i already did one :(

i could be wrong but they have BOTH semitic as well as Aryan blood....i've met ethnic Baloch but who are Arabs (they live in Bahrain) but linguistically - Baloch is a more Iranic/Aryan language

The power of Balochs in this region dwindled in late 18th century and early 19th century, but in the times of Faujdar Khan, a very large portion of Hariyana was under rule of Farrrukhnagar........
Nawabs of Jhajjar were indeed Afghans/Pashtuns of Barech tribe , nawabs of pataudi belonged to the same family. There was a settlement of yousafzais in Jhajjar , who fought for nawab of jhajjar in 1857 war of independence. Nawab of jhajjar was also tried and hanged for his role in uprising.

Strange the pataudi's were for the same family but remained loyal to the Brits .

A few villages cannot be considered a large portion of haryana

What happened to these yusufzais after the revolt were they prosecuted ?

Strange the pataudi's were for the same family but remained loyal to the Brits .

A few villages cannot be considered a large portion of haryana

What happened to these yusufzais after the revolt were they prosecuted ?
Dont confuse Farrukhnagar estate of 1857 period with Farrukhnagar in the times of Farrukhsiar.
In Rohtak gazetteer 1970 page 23, it is written
"Emperor Farrukhsiar granted the Rohtak area along with rest of Harayana in 1718 to his minister Rukn-ud-din who transferred it a few years later to the Nawab of Farrukhnagar. This family was in possession of a large part of Harayana including the present district of Rohtak. "

Dont confuse Farrukhnagar estate of 1857 period with Farrukhnagar in the times of Farrukhsiar.
In Rohtak gazetteer 1970 page 23, it is written
"Emperor Farrukhsiar granted the Rohtak area along with rest of Harayana in 1718 to his minister Rukn-ud-din who transferred it a few years later to the Nawab of Farrukhnagar. This family was in possession of a large part of Harayana including the present district of Rohtak. "

Yes I have read it earlier .
How long did rohtak remain in nawabs possession ?

Wow golden thread . Lots of information. And one more thing to add. Baloch are warrior tribes. When our borders where shrunken we used it as forward defensive post. That's the reason we can see lot of different tribes but followed the common sense .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom