ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Bangabandhu Shilpa Nagar will create 1.4m jobs: Principal Secretary​

UNB

Published :
Sep 20, 2023 11:29 AM
Updated :
Sep 20, 2023 11:36 AM

Principal Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office Md Tofazzel Hossain Mia on Wednesday said Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) alone will create direct employment for 1.4 million people.

He said that the BSMSN will make a revolutionary change in the socio-economic sector of Chattogram and Bangladesh.

The principal secretary said this to the reporters after a meeting with government agencies and private sector entrepreneurs in the BSMSN while visiting the project on Wednesday.

The BSMSN is being built on 3,400 acres of land in Mirsharai, Sitakunda of Chattogram, and Sonagazi Upazilas of Feni district.

Five companies are already in production and three more are waiting to go into production soon.

After visiting the industrial city, Tofazzal said that gradually more factories will be built and about 1.4 million people employment opportunities will be created while the development is completed.

“We need to increase police assistance to protect their security, residence, security of industries, security of investors, law and order in this area. A police station would be built. They need to ensure their movement and infrastructure,” he added.

He said about 152 companies from home and abroad have already invested in this industrial city (BSMSN).

“There were once 139 families here. They suffered due to industrialisation. We have decided to house them. The employment opportunities will be provided to them,” he said by acknowledging the sacrifice of local people.

Tofazzal said, ”We want development and environment protection. All development projects will be done here keeping the environment intact. There will be a Central Effluent Treatment Plan (CETP). If one has its own ETP, it has to ensure international standards. Otherwise, they have to come to the CETP,” he said regarding environmental concerns.

Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority (BEZA) Chairman Yusuf Haroon, Chattogram’s Divisional Commissioner Mohammad Tofail Islam, Range DIG Noor-E Alam Mina, Deputy Commissioner Abul Bashar Mohammed Fakhruzzaman and District Police Superintendent AKM Shafiullah, among others, were present in the meeting.

Bangabandhu Shilpa Nagar will create 1.4m jobs: Principal Secretary​

UNB

Published :
Sep 20, 2023 11:29 AM
Updated :
Sep 20, 2023 11:36 AM

Principal Secretary of the Prime Minister’s Office Md Tofazzel Hossain Mia on Wednesday said Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Shilpa Nagar (BSMSN) alone will create direct employment for 1.4 million people.

He said that the BSMSN will make a revolutionary change in the socio-economic sector of Chattogram and Bangladesh.

The principal secretary said this to the reporters after a meeting with government agencies and private sector entrepreneurs in the BSMSN while visiting the project on Wednesday.

The BSMSN is being built on 3,400 acres of land in Mirsharai, Sitakunda of Chattogram, and Sonagazi Upazilas of Feni district.

Five companies are already in production and three more are waiting to go into production soon.

After visiting the industrial city, Tofazzal said that gradually more factories will be built and about 1.4 million people employment opportunities will be created while the development is completed.

“We need to increase police assistance to protect their security, residence, security of industries, security of investors, law and order in this area. A police station would be built. They need to ensure their movement and infrastructure,” he added.

He said about 152 companies from home and abroad have already invested in this industrial city (BSMSN).

“There were once 139 families here. They suffered due to industrialisation. We have decided to house them. The employment opportunities will be provided to them,” he said by acknowledging the sacrifice of local people.

Tofazzal said, ”We want development and environment protection. All development projects will be done here keeping the environment intact. There will be a Central Effluent Treatment Plan (CETP). If one has its own ETP, it has to ensure international standards. Otherwise, they have to come to the CETP,” he said regarding environmental concerns.

Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority (BEZA) Chairman Yusuf Haroon, Chattogram’s Divisional Commissioner Mohammad Tofail Islam, Range DIG Noor-E Alam Mina, Deputy Commissioner Abul Bashar Mohammed Fakhruzzaman and District Police Superintendent AKM Shafiullah, among others, were present in the meeting.

The way our great govt people have been forecasting for the last 15 years, no wonder millions of Indians will flock to this land.

By rough estimates it is roughly $10,000 that is needed to create a job in a modern industry. The govt officer says of creation of 1.4 million jobs in the Shilpa Nagari. It means the zone has received 1000 x 1.4 million = 1,400 million or 1.4 trillion US dollars of investment.

To me 1.4 trillion seems to be sky high. Do I have to believe this statement from the uneducated govt officer?

He should go back to Primary to learn math. However, I did this math hurriedly. Please check and tell me the mistake I did.

Last edited:
The way our great govt people have been forecasting for the last 15 years, no wonder millions of Indians will flock to this land.

By rough estimates it is roughly $10,000 that is needed to create a job in a modern industry. The govt officer says of creation of 1.4 million jobs in the Shilpa Nagari. It means the zone has received 1000 x 1.4 million = 1,400 million or 1.4 trillion US dollars of investment.

To me 1.4 trillion seems to be sky high. Do I have to believe this statement from the uneducated govt officer?

He should go back to Primary to learn math. However, I did this math hurriedly. Please check and tell me the mistake I did.

Dollar per job in low level manufacturing is extremely low. Especially incremental amount.

You don’t need 10k to create a garment job!!

Dollar per job in low level manufacturing is extremely low. Especially incremental amount.

You don’t need 10k to create a garment job!!
Why do you think Shilpanagar will build only garments factories?

Even then, it takes quite a big money. $10,000 is needed per head. Think of all the structures, machines, a power substation, generators or even a small power house, roads, office buildings and different sheds inside a compound.

You better visit a large factory to know about the complexity of a garments factory instead of thinking of only a small sewing machine. Even there are many types of machines.

Nothing comes free. In average, a modern factory needs $10,000 of investment.

Why do you think Shilpanagar will build only garments factories?

Even then, it takes quite a big money. $10,000 is needed per head. Think of all the structures, machines, a power substation, generators or even a small power house, roads, office buildings and different sheds inside a compound.

You better visit a large factory to know about the complexity of a garments factory instead of thinking of only a small sewing machine. Even there are many types of machines.

Nothing comes free. In average, a modern factory needs $10,000 of investment.

If each garment job required 10k - where did Bangladesh get the trillion dollars to create the millions of jobs in garment sector????

Given Bangladesh’s domination and economies of scale - each job now costs about a thousand dollars.

Bangladesh should focus on growing the garment export to a 100 billion dollars.

If each garment job required 10k - where did Bangladesh get the trillion dollars to create the millions of jobs in garment sector????
Please do not write stupid things all the time to save your BAL party. You have to tell me where my math is wrong. But, you keep on talking stupid answers.

Come visit a garments factory in BD to know where the money is used and how much it is.

Garments factories in BD provide jobs for 4 million people. Do you think suddenly the Owners got Aladin's Cherag full of dollars and next day 4 million people got employment?

Garment industry started in Ershad's time by an industrialist who was followed by other industrialists and gradually it evolved into a big industry.

Learn before you type,

Please do not write stupid things all the time to save your BAL party. You have to tell me where my math is wrong. But, you keep on talking stupid answers.

Come visit a garments factory in BD to know where the money is used and how much it is.

Garments factories in BD provide jobs for 4 million people. Do you think suddenly the Owners got Aladin's Cherag full of dollars and next day 4 million people got employment?

Garment industry started in Ershad's time by an industrialist who was followed by other industrialists and gradually it evolved into a big industry.

Learn before you type,

4 million times 10k…

Where did those trillions come from?

Plus, four million are only directly employed. Another 10 million are employed indirectly in backward linkage.

4 million times 10k…

Where did those trillions come from?

Plus, four million are only directly employed. Another 10 million are employed indirectly in backward linkage.
Don't write shits as usual. Where from American GDP comes from? It was less than 1,000 billion one time. Bloody idiot, learn economics.

By the way, are an old bum already retired? You have so much time 30 hours a day!!

Back
Top Bottom