What's new

Bangladesh: A war hero and a Book

i just want a brotherly relation like Egypt & Pakistan or Turkey and Pakistan..

but the problem is well written above......

Who ever that guy is, He is showing India and British as evils and Pakistan as a saint.

India have no problem if BD moves closer to Pakistan, Indians only want illegal migration to stop and for that BD should achieve good economic development.

Illegal migration and border shooting(smugglers and other illegal migrants) are a big obstacle in India BD relations and water issues you will find these kind between any two countries who are sharing rivers hope these issues resolve peacefully and fruitfully to both countries.

Where are these guys who are writing these articles, in 1971?? what efforts they have made to diffuse the tensions between Bengalis and racist Pakistanis.

^ that very guy was treated as a hero by Indian government, the way you make it sound it reminds me of Osama and CIA relationship, one day he was good the next he was a terrorist. Anyways 71 was our fault but it was escalated beyond controllable limits by India, Have we learned? no ... look at Baluchistan

Here is a summary of this article for those who are too lazy to read the long rhetoric of mujhid e islam, Orya Maqbool Jaan.

The author is talkign about some Lt. Col Aleem ul Haq who hated Pakistan and fought for the indepence of Bangladesh. Because of his hate against Pakistan he was revered by the Indian politicians and its military generals.

That tiger of Bengal hates India now and he is unable to figure out how he became putty in India's hands.

He is hiding in some cave because he is wanted in Bangladesh for the murder of Mujeeb ur Rehman.

Bangladesh got seaprated from Pakistan beacuase of the nefarious plot of Inida, otherwise the west and east Pakistanis loved each other and used to drink water from the same pond.

Bharat is an unnatural union and the only reason why it doesn't get disintegrated are the world powers that need India against Muslims.

khatam shod...

Pakistan-Bangladesh can be like Pakistan-Egypt because we don't really have 'brotherly' relations with Egypt but Turkey is a different ball-game. We just have too bad memories from '71.

And what is written may be true...it is true in my country but the fault is entirely ours - Why aren't we stopping it ?

Dont think that is the case when hina rabbani khar had gone to bangladesh for establishing of relations recently, then the president of BD said that there can be relations b/w two now as pakistan has to apologies for 1971 n she said that we should not sit in that era n we should move on now which is indeed the need of the hour.

After she came there is a large debate in our gov n media circles that we should apologies to them also.
I think we r going all out to make the regional alliance but still like the writer has said its always the indian factor that will come b/w us whenever we try to make relations better the two countries which will eventually will benefit our common man as the imports from them to Pak n from Pak to them will be cheap n will improve the living standards of the general public in both countries.

An Urdu Column written by Orya Maqbool Jan in Express News (March 10, 2012). I appologize if there are discrepancies in translation.

The Tragedy of East Pakistan, A hero of Bangladesh and a Book]

I don’t know if the man is alive or dead, but reward for him being arrested alive is more than what is for Osama Bin Ladin. He’s being searched everywhere. Nobody knows where he is, in a cave of some mountains? the base of a tree in a dense forest? Or an unknown flat in some metropolitan city? Nobody knows where he is. He was the hero of the independence of Bangladesh and one of the three army officers who had crossed the border near Bahawalnagar into India and were warmly welcomed by Indian High command. He was granted political asylum by Indira Ghandhi herself and Gen. Jagjit Singh Arora would call him “son”. Then how did he become the most wanted “criminal” of Bangladesh? I met him when he was a diplomat! This man who had given military training to Mukti Bahni knew about me only that I was a Pakistani, and it was sufficient for him to embrace me for quite long and then his hatred for India erupted like a volcano. He was Lt. Col. Shariful Haq Dalim! A diplomat then, but he was mourning at what was happening to Pakistan and what the prejudice of Hindus had done against Muslims and their unity. Having lost his one hand during Bangladesh Independence War, he was having a great regret, “How come I fell into the hands of Indians?” But with confidence and conviction he said to me one thing that still I remember, he said, “Bangladesh is yet another line of two nation theory!” He said that once General Jagjit Singh had said to him, “This country (Bangladesh) is very dangerous indeed. We can easily handle the Muslims of the West Pakistan, they are divided into races and languages! But these, Aye Bhagwan, thay are “Dheno Mirch”. General Arora said, “These Bangalis are neither Sunni nor Shia, nor Barelvi, nor Deobandi, they are just Muslims. They speak one language, they are one race, part of the same civilization. The day they are united and up for madness, the game ll be over.”

Years have passed since my meeting with him. Then he was a hero of Bangladesh and well within the corridors of power. Today he is hiding from the world because he was one of the people who butchered Mujibur Rehman for his genocide of pro Pakistan Bengalis. Today the thing which reminded me of him was my friend Farrukh Suhail Goindi and the book he brought with him. Farrukh Suhail has left the corridors of politics and to establish an institution to translate every sort of knowledge in Urdu. He came to me with his Lebanese wife and gave me a freshly printed translated book. While he gave me the book, he seemed immensely proud. I had seen him this much happy only once before, when he got his hair transplant and successfully hid his baldness. The book was “Untold Facts” written by none other than Lt. Col. Shariful Haq Dalim. It’s Udru translation was entitled, “Pakistan se Bangladesh, UnKahi Jiddojahd”. The spell of this book was so intense and revelations so shocking that I spent the whole night reading that book.

Perhaps Allah wanted to reveal something that this book surfaced at a time when the “intellectuals, journalists and analysts” of my country remember the tragedy of 71 with intense emotions. They are strange people and they have coined a beautiful phrase i.e., “We have learnt nothing from 71”. But they utter this phrase only when it’s suitable and according to their stance. They never recalled 71 when military operation was launched in Swat, Waziristan and when the screams of women and children at Lal Masjid were fading into thundering sounds of gunpowder. But when someone challenges the foundation and ideology of this country they immediately tell us , “You have learnt nothing from 71”, This book by Col. Dalim tell about the story of Bangladesh which is portrayed as the story of Independence. It explains the genocide conducted by Mujibur Rehman and Mukti Bahni, such that if someone had a slight hatred towards India, one was stabbed in the belly or shot in the chest. Lt. Col. Dalim who once had said in Quetta, “Remember India is eyeing upon both, the East as well as the West Pakistan. India knows that with Dhaka at one side and Islamabad on the other, she could really become a sandwich. India, the country which has never been and will never remain united.” I remembered the word of Dalim i.e., “Indian is an unnatural union, that the West is keeping alive to use against the Muslims of South Asia. But it shall perish one day”.

This Bengali hero, this blue eyed boy of Indian Military, dear to Indira Gandhi and a commander of Mukti Bahni when sees behind he sees that an Indian Hindu Bengali hates Bengali Muslims the way he hates the Muslims of Pakistan.

They say, “You learnt no lesson from 71”. Well here is a lesson learnt by the commander of Mukti Bahni, but I am sure it ll never be discussed in media as we stand for an extremely “free” media.

Original Urdu text can be found on the link below:
Daily Express News Story

Zaid Hamid Version 2 :drag:

in simple English he is showing u yr true colours, as he was the commander of mukti bani too he know best!

What about the remaining thousands of Mukthi Bahini's opinion??

India did what it has to do to get rid of refugee camps and violence on its east side. This kind of people existed in those times as well.

^ that very guy was treated as a hero by Indian government, the way you make it sound it reminds me of Osama and CIA relationship, one day he was good the next he was a terrorist. Anyways 71 was our fault but it was escalated beyond controllable limits by India, Have we learned? no ... look at Baluchistan

And you simply wanted to kill all those Bengalis to eliminate any opposition to you in east Bengal :devil:

Dont think that is the case when hina rabbani khar had gone to bangladesh for establishing of relations recently, then the president of BD said that there can be relations b/w two now as pakistan has to apologies for 1971 n she said that we should not sit in that era n we should move on now which is indeed the need of the hour.

After she came there is a large debate in our gov n media circles that we should apologies to them also.
I think we r going all out to make the regional alliance but still like the writer has said its always the indian factor that will come b/w us whenever we try to make relations better the two countries which will eventually will benefit our common man as the imports from them to Pak n from Pak to them will be cheap n will improve the living standards of the general public in both countries.

Hina later in pakistan said Bangladesh asked nothing about apology during her visit.

That mean Pakistani Punjabi are not ready to accept any other race with them. be it bengali, balouch, urdu specking or others

What about the remaining thousands of Mukthi Bahini's opinion??

India did what it has to do to get rid of refugee camps and violence on its east side. This kind of people existed in those times as well.

that could have been done through talks. Also refugee r no big issue to launch a war, when in last year ouring revolution in ME many people had been in refugee camps in eachother countries but they didnt attack there, latest is turkey with big number of refugees from syria.
Also in Pak we have a lot of refugees from Occupied Kashmir some 30% population of Rawalpindi is of Kashmiris n some 15% is of Lahore alone let go of Azad Kashmir n G&B, so in that case using such excuse should pak also attack n retake Kashmir?:undecided:.

that could have been done through talks. Also refugee r no big issue to launch a war, when in last year ouring revolution in ME many people had been in refugee camps in eachother countries but they didnt attack there, latest is turkey with big number of refugees from syria.
Also in Pak we have a lot of refugees from Occupied Kashmir some 30% population of Rawalpindi is of Kashmiris n some 15% is of Lahore alone let go of Azad Kashmir n G&B, so in that case using such excuse should pak also attack n retake Kashmir?:undecided:.

India also did that as soon as the killings and mass rapes began. It was after the failures India decided to intervene. Pakistan has tried in through out history to take Kashmir and we all know the result of it.

India also did that as soon as the killings and mass rapes began. It was after the failures India decided to intervene. Pakistan has tried in through out history to take Kashmir and we all know the result of it.

dude grow up this thread shows that a mukti bani commander talking about yr country, he was no friend of Pak nor anyone here knows him or those who know him they dont have good words of him.
So if he is saying something like that that means its taken to be true, further more there was no genocide took place or rapes etc yr own hindu writer n RAW former agents have written in their books further more the bangalis themselves now recognize this fact as now people r being educated n the world is going towards the globalization n is now becoming a global village.Now they have internet, int. media n everything that in 1971 were not present. So think before u say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom