What's new

Bangladesh ahead of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan in reducing hunger

I do not believe this is a cause of celebration for BD. Lets leave aside our neighbours, its not our issue.

What is the need of the day is to reflect that there is moderate hunger in BD. This is massive. A country that is a top 10 producer of rice, fish, vegetables, etc, globally should not have any hunger and stunting.

This is a systemic problem that needs to be taken seriously and tackled aggressively. Childhood stunting would impact those kids for the rest of their lives and the nation though below par economic output from them.

BD has a long way to go if it can not feed its people properly. We should not worry about others, there are also food poverty for example UK, a country many multiple times richer than BD. But all this is entirely irrelevant, BD needs to urgently do better seriously counting the opportunity cost of this problem.

That is the sad reality.

Unfortunately, their propaganda machine is so vast (due to their sheer numbers and penetration across all social media) that even UK media is buying the hype that free movement is worth it for Indian trade!

Yeah but even braverman the political turkey is not buying it. Truss will be out by the end of this week probably and some of the post brexit urgency to shore up FTAs to prove global britain nonsense will dissipate.

Cu*t i mean hunt probably will steer the ship in a different direction..... one hopes any way....

Why don't you read the link before spouting nonsense? Scroll.in is an Indian site and it debunks that report.

IMF specifically state that they do not endorse what is published on their site.

IMF Do not endorse what they say in their site? You are fully qualified to compete Chinese in Idiocy,boasting and chest thumping.

IMF Do not endorse what they say in their site? You are fully qualified to compete Chinese in Idiocy,boasting and chest thumping.

Read the article I posted you cretin.

" The paper is authored by Surjit S Bhalla, International Monetary Fund Executive Director for India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bhutan, Arvind Virmani, former chief economic adviser to the Government of India and New York-based economist Karan Bhasin. But it is a working paper, which means it has not been peer reviewed and the International Monetary Fund has emphasised that views expressed in the paper “do not necessarily represent the views of the IMF, its executive board, or IMF management”. "

Yeah but even braverman the political turkey is not buying it. Truss will be out by the end of this week probably and some of the post brexit urgency to shore up FTAs to prove global britain nonsense will dissipate.

Cu*t i mean hunt probably will steer the ship in a different direction..... one hopes any way....

I know it's far fetched but I hope Souella's 'strong' attitude and the outraged India narrative isnt just groundwork to soften the public so she can push through the FTA.

The stupidity of UKs leadership wouldn't surprise me anymore.

Last edited:

" The paper is authored by Surjit S Bhalla, International Monetary Fund Executive Director for India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Bhutan, Arvind Virmani, former chief economic adviser to the Government of India and New York-based economist Karan Bhasin. But it is a working paper, which means it has not been peer reviewed and the International Monetary Fund has emphasised that views expressed in the paper “do not necessarily represent the views of the IMF, its executive board, or IMF management”. "

I know it's far fetched but I hope Souella's 'strong' attitude and the outraged India narrative isnt just groundwork to soften the public so she can push through the FTA.

British public is at last waking upto the Hinduvta menace after the rioting in Leicester and elsewhere 🤣🤣

In the meantime, we Bangladeshis keep a low profile and getting on with it.

Any article or paper is written by someone who are nztional of some country. Stop your lame argument. Those countries who don't have anything to eat are ranked higher in hunger index? The countrirs where ata is in scarcity, where you have to spend your your full day wage to buy a kg of tometo are not hungry but a country which ecports half of the rice of world and feed many countries is hungry? If that excits you than so be it but reality is different. Our poor people gets sufficient food from our government to feed their family and friends.

Any article or paper is written by someone who are nztional of some country. Stop your lame argument. Those countries who don't have anything to eat are ranked higher in hunger index? The countrirs where ata is in scarcity, where you have to spend your your full day wage to buy a kg of tometo are not hungry but a country which ecports half of the rice of world and feed many countries is hungry? If that excits you than so be it but reality is different. Our poor people gets sufficient food from our government to feed their family and friends.

Take your issue up with scroll.in - don't come acting smart without understanding the data.

Take your issue up with scroll.in - don't come acting smart without understanding the data.

Do not expose your semieducated brain understanding here. You cherry picks whatever is suitable to you.

@BananaRepublicUK @Ajamal others please note

That BD has the lowest hunger is also more or less validated by the latest UNDP MPI report.

This report gives BD lowest deprivation on nutrition at 8.7% vis a vis India at 11.8%. Also it figures better on child mortality at 1.3 vis a vis 1.5 for India. On several other parameters and on overall basis India comes out marginally better at 0.069 v/s BD at 0.104.

Brofessor sb's (@RiazHaq) homeland Pakiland fares worst- 27% on nutrition and 5.9% on child mortality. Its overall MPI score is 0.198.

(Lower the score, better is the performance)

Regards

3CF3EDAA248B6A97B2B08FABDC68E6AB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom