What's new

Bangladesh Air Force Thread(2010-2011)

Certificate giving ceremony held at BAF Ctg base

The certificate awarding ceremony of No. 17 Fighter Conversion Course (FCC) of Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) was held at 25 Squadron, BAF Base Zahurul Haque in Chittagong Sunday, said a press release.

Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal SM Ziaur Rahman attended the ceremony as the chief guest and handed over certificates to six trainee pilots.

Speaking on the occasion, the air chief said, "Be professional to set examples for others. Real learning starts after the formal courses."

Certificate giving ceremony held at BAF Ctg base

President emphasises modernising BAF

President M Zillur Rahman Thursday emphasised the need for modernising the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) involving sophisticated technology to ensure better performance, reports BSS.

Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal S M Ziaur Rahman called on the President at the Bangabhaban to apprise him of different ongoing activities of the air force.

Air Marshal Zia recently attended the Royal International Air Tatto (RIAT-2010) held in the United Kingdom where the air chiefs from various countries including USA, China, France, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Chile and Malaysia took part.

He informed the President of his meeting and discussion with the foreign air chiefs on bilateral issues and professional matters.

The President appreciated the role of Bangladesh Air Chief in discharging his professional duties.

Btw, greetings to all the British_Bangladeshi and all the other new Bdeshi members :)

President M Zillur Rahman Thursday emphasised the need for modernising the Bangladesh Air Force (BAF) involving sophisticated technology to ensure better performance, reports BSS.

Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal S M Ziaur Rahman called on the President at the Bangabhaban to apprise him of different ongoing activities of the air force.

Air Marshal Zia recently attended the Royal International Air Tatto (RIAT-2010) held in the United Kingdom where the air chiefs from various countries including USA, China, France, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Chile and Malaysia took part.

He informed the President of his meeting and discussion with the foreign air chiefs on bilateral issues and professional matters.

The President appreciated the role of Bangladesh Air Chief in discharging his professional duties.

Btw, greetings to all the British_Bangladeshi and all the other new Bdeshi members :)
Thanks for the warm welcome, and nice too see BD modernising the Air Force.

Well, In my suggestions for my BD brothers.

BD current fleet.

Combat
Mig 29 : 16
F-7 : 40
A-5 : 18
L-39: 15
FT-6:12

Combat
Mig 29 : 16 (Current Inventory) + 14 (new) : 30
F-7 : 40 (ground them all)----> Dassault Rafale or J10-B: 30
A-5 : 18 (ground them all)-----> JF-17 or Saab 39 Gripen : 30
L-39: 15(ground them all for training)
FT-6:12(ground them all for training)

Mig 29 : 16 + 14 : 30
Dassault Rafale or J10-B: 30
JF-17(If J-10B not purchased) or Saab 39 Gripen(If Rafale not purchased) : 30

BD current fleet.

Combat

Combat

JF-17 Would be nice, Saab 39 Gripen also very good but not up to me. :undecided:

JF-17 Block I has some limitations ............
But JF-17 Block II would be awsome for BD ............or.....
Saab 39 Gripen NG with Italian SELEX Galileo AESA hopefully be upto ur required standard.....

Now let me calculate 30 J-10Bs would cost $1.2 billion dollars. Its not for sale for atleast next 8/10 Years or never. 30 rafale 3 billion dollars or more. Sanity suggest this is not the right away.
No chances of gripen.
left is JFT, the best option even more lucrative once Chinese AESA is ready.
Seems reasonable to upgrade the current migs-29ers + order those 14 and hang out with it for a decade and a half.
My God you guys be realistic.

Now let me calculate 30 J-10Bs would cost $1.2 billion dollars. Its not for sale for atleast next 8/10 Years or never. 30 rafale 3 billion dollars or more. Sanity suggest this is not the right away.
No chances of gripen.
left is JFT, the best option even more lucrative once Chinese AESA is ready.
Seems reasonable to upgrade the current migs-29ers + order those 14 and hang out with it for a decade and a half.
My God you guys be realistic.

1.2 billion only for Pakistan coz J-10B is being developed on PAFs demands and will be upgraded further.And hence no sale of FC-20 or J-10B.....But J-10A (simple version) is for sale and its price per unit is more then 30 million!!

Last edited:
bhai read my post, this is all assumption, as I said J-10B is not at all for sales except for PAF not for the next 8/10 years.

Thts wat i said luftawafe, but basic variant J-10A is for sale and its price is more then 35 million to 40 million a piece 30 million as per wiki.

No agar magar...........To be on honest side..........BD can buy these AC's (J-10B, Gripen, Rafal, Mig29) ...........there economy is much batter ....atleast batter then Pakistan's :)

No agar magar...........To be on honest side..........BD can buy these AC's (J-10B, Gripen, Rafal, Mig29) ...........there economy is much batter ....atleast batter then Pakistan's :)

Wats bengladeshs defence budget?
J-10B isnt even in service and is being built specially for PAF.And wont be on sale..Rather basic J-10 is on sale!!
Gripen n rafale?depends on swedes n french if they even consider them sellin to BD.Also do u know wats the price of a rafale n gripen or even a J-10?

BD current fleet.

Combat

Combat

Well bro,

Good to see you in our section....:cheers: However, the order of 14 new Mig-29s is still a rumour i believe....though i have seen the claim in BDMilitary and Wiki as well, i think its still better to wait for a confirmation....or may be, we will anyway know when they land on BD....

I dont think there will soon be any replacement for the F-7s as we are upgrading them to BG standard, just like Pakistan did to the PG ones....

As Luftwaffe said, J-10 is still not on offer i guess....so i believe JFT is the best option....I also came over a news saying the BAF is looking at Thunder following a 'request'....I hope they buy it, its a good weapon delivery platform....

AT finally, we are probably buying a squadron of Fighter-Trainer from Czech Republic....they might be Aero L-159, they will operate along with L39s but the latter will be dedicated totally to training in future i guess....

Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom