What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Turkish jet for BAF is total nonsense.... it wont be ready for foreign sale before 2045 at the earliest.
thats not right, CEO of TAI said if they want 1 aircraft per day is possible. if local engine is ready in 2028/29 only problem would be the money. foreign costumers will not wait for long time.

thats not right, CEO of TAI said if they want 1 aircraft per day is possible. if local engine is ready in 2028/29 only problem would be the money. foreign costumers will not wait for long time.
Come on dude.... what country has the capacity to produce 1 aircraft per day now.

Additionally what foreign country will buy a completely new aircraft from a country that would have built its first aircraft.

Ppl will wait atleast a decade to allow all the early bugs to be ironed out, see how the aircraft performs within its home airforce, see what kind of support structure has been built for after sales support, how it performs in international meets etc.

A fighter jet is a very expensive acquisition, lots of boxes has to be ticked before a sale.

Come on dude.... what country has the capacity to produce 1 aircraft per day now.

Additionally what foreign country will buy a completely new aircraft from a country that would have built its first aircraft.

Ppl will wait atleast a decade to allow all the early bugs to be ironed out, see how the aircraft performs within its home airforce, see what kind of support structure has been built for after sales support, how it performs in international meets etc.

A fighter jet is a very expensive acquisition, lots of boxes has to be ticked before a sale.
of course he was meant high production capacity if needed, even total order was not 365!

no one is gullible, once it is operational , many countries will watch closely before buy, there is not much alternative as you know, Korean kf21 and Russian su57 are not real 5th generation fighters. US has F35 and China has j35 , europian projects will not be ready before 2040 .

US didnt sell us F35 despite we were program partner! how bad .

anyway i expect PAK, Azerbaycan, Saudies, Egypt as partners, time will tell us...

of course he was meant high production capacity if needed, even total order was not 365!

no one is gullible, once it is operational , many countries will watch closely before buy, there is not much alternative as you know, Korean kf21 and Russian su57 are not real 5th generation fighters. US has F35 and China has j35 , europian projects will not be ready before 2040 .

US didnt sell us F35 despite we were program partner! how bad .

anyway i expect PAK, Azerbaycan, Saudies, Egypt as partners, time will tell us...

Dude everyone in the muslim world is hoping for Turkish success in this field so that we are not beholden to west or china or russia.

Turkish drones turned the tide in azerbaijan and allowed it to reestablish its sovereignity over its territory.

Turkish jet can also have a similar impact across the globe.

We want Turkish KAAN if it is affordable. Do you know the unit price for KAAN?

We want Turkish KAAN if it is affordable. Do you know the unit price for KAAN?
For turkey Block 1 cost will be $100m+.

for foreign sale which is not being contemplated at the moment the price probably will be the same because they would have ramped up production thereby reducing unit cost.... but i suspect that would be in the 2040s...

Price would be $100m value now in 2040s. So probably $175-$200m at least.

Last edited:
yes 100m is fly away cost for TurAF, for foreigners it is probably higher, i expect like Typhoon price tag with all extras.
In that case, we have to acquire Chinese jets for now and wait till our defense budget gets higher to procure KAAN.

What is BAF going to do with just 12 high tech jet fighters? They need way more than that to protect the skies of Bangladesh.

Let's take a moment to remember an "Ace" who we shared with Pakistan, Jordan and Iraq and who became a "Living Eagle". 24 minutes long but contains many rare interviews and photos shared by his autobiographer and accounts by Saiful Azam himself of his exploits.

Let's take a moment to remember an "Ace" who we shared with Pakistan, Jordan and Iraq and who became a "Living Eagle". 24 minutes long but contains many rare interviews and photos shared by his autobiographer and accounts by Saiful Azam himself of his exploits.
If Saiful Azam was alive today, he would have been very disappointed at the sorry state of Bangladesh Air Force.

What is BAF going to do with just 12 high tech jet fighters? They need way more than that to protect the skies of Bangladesh.
Dude.... india only has 36 raffles.... there is no such thing as dogfight nowadays.

12 EFT which can fly higher than raffles and can deny IAF access to BD airspace very effectively as long as they are supported by ground defence as well as point defense jets such as our J7s and also YAK. BD has 60 of these fighters and trainers than can be used offensively in the inventory. In addition there are also the 8 migs.

BAF is only 2 purchases away from implementing effective defense on BD skies.

Dude.... india only has 36 raffles....
Besides RAFALES, IAF also has 272 SU-30, 40 MIRAGE-2000, 70 MIG-29 and 100 LCA. In order to counter IAF bangladesh needs more than 12 Typhoon. BAF needs quality as well as quantity. If I were the BAF chief, I would have gone for 80 J-10C instead of 12 Typhoon.

Besides RAFALES, IAF also has 272 SU-30, 40 MIRAGE-2000, 70 MIG-29 and 100 LCA. In order to counter IAF bangladesh needs more than 12 Typhoon. BAF needs quality as well as quantity. If I were the BAF chief, I would have gone for 80 J-10C instead of 12 Typhoon.

One needs quality and quantity ideally but where money is short i would personally opt for quality all the time.

We will have some J-10 in time but i do not believe BAF will have the resources for 80.

In a time of conflict India is not free to deploy her entire airpower against BD.

I am perplexed.... why do you think BAF will only use 12 EFT that it does not have to counter IAF? BAF has other assets.

Back
Top Bottom