What's new

BANGLADESH AIR FORCE'S F-7:POOR MAN'S F-16

Pakistan has been around far longer than Bangladesh, Why arent you guys using F15s and F16s and F18s?? Why are you still operating the F7s?? Why dont your AirForce have more than 100 F16s???? Why is is that your Airforce is still not fully BVR capable???

I didnt ask these questions to argue, but to just point out that Bangladesh is just starting out, and in Due course they will operate Superior ACs.

Thank you bro Ahmed for your positive comments toward bd air force. It's appreciated.

They are good for defensive missions.Their NATO codename is AIRGUARD.
They are the primary interceptor.

I heard from Raquib that Sheikh Hasina said she would buy more migs.Not sure its true.

Here you go!!!!! that is what needed... Any other choice.. how about mirage?? they are cheap too.. Tornedoes may be expensive????? Can we get some F-16.. I mean second hand F-16 from USA??
Also how is our air defence system?????
How hard it is to build one in Dhulai Khal??? :yahoo:

In any event, Bangladesh is under the strategic umbrella of India. Whether they like to admi it or not. Their self defense forces are just that...like Japan. Unless they think Yangon is thinking of invasion in lower chittagong...:p

Truth be told, just like Japan they should exploit that and maybe divert resources to help their people who are universally equated with the sh!t-poor. Takes a lot to get that stigma transferred from their Indian friends but they accomplished it. ;)

Does Bangladesh have a navy worth the name of the great Bay(ocean) that bears the name of its people? AFAIK, Vizag where the IN Eastern Command is based has full rights not to mention the ultra-secretive Far East command in the Andamans. If anything, they need focus more on their Navy and less on their AF.

Last edited:
In any event, Bangladesh is under the strategic umbrella of India. Whether they like to admi it or not. Their self defense forces are just that...like Japan. Unless they think Yangon is thinking of invasion in lower chittagong...:p

Truth be told, just like Japan they should exploit that and maybe divert resources to help their people who are universally equated with the sh!t-poor. Takes a lot to get that stigma transferred from their Indian friends but they accomplished it. ;)

Does Bangladesh have a navy worth the name of the great Bay(ocean) that bears the name of its people? AFAIK, Vizag where the IN Eastern Command is based has full rights not to mention the ultra-secretive Far East command in the Andamans. If anything, they need focus more on their Navy and less on their AF.

That's just me though. Having had people in my family serve in the Army, I'm partial to the precept that the "Air Force" should be support/ancilliary wing to the Army and Navy and thats that. Especially when you have no strategic weapons to worry about.

I am talking to the people in Dhulai Khal now .. dont worry...:undecided:

Here you go!!!!! that is what needed... Any other choice.. how about mirage?? they are cheap too.. Tornedoes may be expensive????? Can we get some F-16.. I mean second hand F-16 from USA??
Also how is our air defence system?????
How hard it is to build one in Dhulai Khal??? :yahoo:

:rofl::rofl:

For those who don't know what Dhulai Khal is, this will help you know.
It is a name of a place.Just take mercedes Benz and park it there and go for a walk.Come back after a while and you will see your mercedes Benz's engine is replaced by a Toyota engine.:lol:

Tornadoes=Impossible
Mirage=not sure
F-16=I think we should not deal with USA,as there will be a lot of strings attatched to the purchase.Moreover,they will sell the guns but not the bullets.I guess you understand.

I think the existing Migs should be upgaded to SMT versions.8 more will do.:yahoo:
JF-17 is a very likely and probably the best alternative.
J-10 is another good choice.Let's see if the chinese sell it to us.

F-7PG/BG Fishbed

A PAF pilot was posing in front of F-7PG #827. Based on the F-7MG electronic technology demonstrator, it features various upgrades to meet PAF's requirements, including a one-piece windshield, Italian Grifo-7PG PD radar (search 55km, track 37km, single target track), new color CRT displays (EFIS), HUD, HOTAS control, new air data computer, TACAN, PL-9C IR-guided AAM, WP-13F(B) turbojet (13,200lb w/ afterburning) plus two 30mm cannons (compared to one on J-7E/G). Its maximum climb rate is 38,300ft/min (195m/s), combat radius is 850km (hi-hi-hi air-superiority role) and maximum load is 1,800kg. The new double-delta wing suggests the same design on J-7E has proven successful. However, since its basic design of Mig-21F has been more than 40 years old, this approach did not fundamentally change the overall performance. Pakistan ordered 57 F-7PGs in early 2000. These F-7PGs have replaced J-6/Mig-19 and will counter India's Mig-21bis/Bison fleet. 48 were delivered to Pakistan by the end of 2002. However, F-7PG might be fitted with the indigenous SY-80 radar (search 30km, track 26km) replacing the Grifo-7PG radar. Besides Pakistani AF, Namibian AF ordered 12 F-7NMs in August 2005. All were delivered in 2006. Bangladesh AF also ordered 12 F-7BGs in 2005. All were delivered 2006. In addition, Nigerian AF ordered 12 F-7NIs in a $251m deal and the first batch is expected to be delivered in 2009. Sri Lanka AF also received around 6 F-7GS in late 2007/early 2008.

List of F-7MG Overseas Customers

Country Designation Number Trainer Version Number
Pakistan F-7PG 57 FT-7PG 6
Bangladesh F-7BG 12 FT-7BG 4
Namibia F-7NM 12 FT-7NG 2
Nigeria F-7NI 12 FT-7NI 3
Sri Lanka F-7GS 6 ? ?
North Korea F-7K ? ? ?

J7G

:rofl::rofl:

For those who don't know what Dhulai Khal is, this will help you know.
It is a name of a place.Just take mercedes Benz and park it there and go for a walk.Come back after a while and you will see your mercedes Benz's engine is replaced by a Toyota engine.:lol:

Tornadoes=Impossible
Mirage=not sure
F-16=I think we should not deal with USA,as there will be a lot of strings attatched to the purchase.Moreover,they will sell the guns but not the bullets.I guess you understand.

I think the existing Migs should be upgaded to SMT versions.8 more will do.:yahoo:
JF-17 is a very likely and probably the best alternative.
J-10 is another good choice.Let's see if the chinese sell it to us.

Mirage and F-16 are very very expensive.

J10 limited production,so.....

JF17 is very suitable for BDF,because:

1、If that is the same system, logistics personnel will be glad to(J6/J7/Q5/JF17..J10)

2、Cost performance

Can you find out a Aircraft better than JF17(same price) in the world?

3、Scale

If a limited number, he will have limited impact.

so i think mig29 is not very suitable for BDF

:partay:

^^^^ on a lighter note, looks like the JF17 marketing people have invaded this thread

Over all F-7 is a superior Fighter than the Indian MIG 21 aerodynamically I can say a more refined agile design..better airframe...with better avionics F-7 can easily take on MIG-21 without any doubt...After all MIG-21 is called flying coffin. Bison is called for its upgrades other wise its the same MIG-21 with rest of the lot that is flying coffins...:) nice radars out there in the market!!.

Yes I do agree that, aerodynamically F-7s are superior to Mig-21s but what kind of a avionics are you basking about? can you care to explain. Regarding, Flying coffins, we do have enough supporters to admire them and hence I don't want any word about it.

:partay:

I recommend JF17, rather than the other advanced aircraft.

.:D

I agree.JF-17 is a good choice.Lets see what our policymakers decide.At the end of the day its in their hand.
Pakistan have offered BD gen.Moeen JF-17s when he visited Pakistan last year.

I have a question for my friends from BD.

What preventive measures have been done in Bangladesh to avoid airfields from floods ?I remember the a number of F-6s given to BAF were drowned in flood....so what measures have been taken by the Government to avoid these accidents.Because these accidents are great loss of country's assets.

Jf-17 is a good choice for BAF!! perhaps some j-10's

I have a question for my friends from BD.

What preventive measures have been done in Bangladesh to avoid airfields from floods ?I remember the a number of F-6s given to BAF were drowned in flood....so what measures have been taken by the Government to avoid these accidents.Because these accidents are great loss of country's assets.

I think these are long time back,may be on 1988 flood.Correct me if I am wrong.

I think infrastructure has been developed during these years because in recent times there are no news of air crafts drowning.
But when the cyclone SIDR came,the CHT base was emptied as it was within the range.The plane would have been blown away by the category 5 cyclone.

Back
Top Bottom