What's new

Bangladesh Airforce To Purchase FC-20/J-10 From China

BAF will fly mig29 when it comes to exercise with india. But i dontt think bd will ever go to exercise except control of piracy and fish stealing with India.

BD seems to be determined to build a strong BAF. Thus the purchases. A strong AF also requires vastly experienced pilots. That requires exercises with unknown platforms.
Where will BAF go to gain exclusive experience regarding global European/Israeli components (Su30MKI, SuperMKI) and European platforms (Rafale)!

It will help BD as much as it helps India.
At least as an excuse to cave into Indian pressure.

BD seems to be determined to build a strong BAF. Thus the purchases. A strong AF also requires vastly experienced pilots. That requires exercises with unknown platforms.
Where will BAF go to gain exclusive experience regarding global European/Israeli components (Su30MKI, SuperMKI) and European platforms (Rafale)!

They can have air combat excercise with PAF(F16, JF17BLK3, FC31) and PLAAF(J20, J10c, Su35; Su30MKK,J11b/d)even royal Thailand air force(Gripen, F16), or Malaysian airforce(Su30MKK, F18, Rafale).These airforce will cover all platform IAF has and hasn't.

Last edited:

i remember we excercised with RAF, USAF but never IAF... and i am not surprised why.....

Did hasina personally assure you that there won't be any defence pact? What do you plan to do after the signing of the pact? You better start thinking because it's going to happen and your hasina apa is going to return home with a smile and her usual sense of achievement.

No point reasoning with the BAL-koolaid types.

BD military website is juvenile fantasy site filled with unsubstantiated claims, speculations and illegal stolen contents from Bangladesh defense forces. Anyone promoting that site or news from that site should be treated as one of their propaganda army.
You have shown your outrage towards bdmilitary.com many times. Is it true that the forum has expelled you permanently because of your childish and amateurish posts? What is your problem if someone prefers to be a part of bdmilitary.com propaganda army? It should not hurt you. Do not derail all the threads.

China likely to export its J-10C fighter jets to Bangladesh and Laos

China is likely to export its J-10C aircraft to Pakistan, as we already know, but two countries - Bangladesh and Laos - could acquire it before Pakistan. Both have indeed shown interest in the latest version of the J-10 fighters and both could sign before the Pakistani government.

Pakistan has already shown its interest in the purchase of the latest J-10C aircraft, being the first country to manifest its interest in the acquisition of an exported version of this aircraft. Nevertheless, Pakistan has not yet decided to sign any official contract with China.

Two countries could pass Pakistan on the purchase of these jets. Laos and Bangladesh are indeed said to be interested in such an acquisition, building up a sole international market for these Chinese fighter aircraft. If both countries ended to sign contracts for the acquisition of the J-10C, it would mean an export of an expected maximum of 24 aircraft (2 squadrons) for each of them. This information, if confirmed by both governments, may increase the interest of other countries for this product, leading to new international orders for China.

As far as it concerns Laos, the Royal Lao Air Force remains outdated, mainly using MiG-21 fighters, F-16 fighters and also JAS 39 Gripen fighter jets. Therefore, in order to reduce the gap between its forces and the Vietnamese and Thai ones. Regarding Bangladesh, to counter the 36 recently purchased Rafale fighters from India (expected to be deployed at the India's borders with Pakistan and Bangladesh), the country is in need of such 4th-generation aircraft (with equal performance to the Rafale).

https://www.airrecognition.com/inde...8fC8bzpZAXwLe8CL39Mqm5LDzvTR-7q1rL-oyc9Fqo4ok

Courtesy: @The Ronin

@Species

Can Laos afford J-10cs? It has an economy of 20 billion US dollars and that compares to 300 billion US dollars for BD.

Do not get me wrong, I would love for BD to get a couple of squadrons of J-10Cs as that would give BAF total air-superiority over the savages and a fighter that is comparable to the Rafale that India is getting. However, the hunch is that this article is not credible.

@Species

Can Laos afford J-10cs? It has an economy of 20 billion US dollars and that compares to 300 billion US dollars for BD.

Do not get me wrong, I would love for BD to get a couple of squadrons of J-10Cs as that would give BAF total air-superiority over the savages and a fighter that is comparable to the Rafale that India is getting. However, the hunch is that this article is not credible.

Well, I posted this article here just to keep the record as this time it's from Air Recognition which is surely a stronger source than those previously shared here.

Also, the article suggests China has offered the aircraft to export and the said countries have expressed interest in it but doesn't give any confirmation of procurement, which, in my opinion, is not really an extra-ordinary claim.

And we don't really know the details; there is every possibility of including off-the-shelf early variants of J-10 in that offer, a few of which could be well-affordable for Laos.

Back
Top Bottom