What's new

Bangladesh among top rice-eaters

My grandfather ate 3 rice meals a day,one at 6.00 am,one at 11.am and one at 5.30 pm.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

and i like to eat rice if the weather is very hot and if it is cold no rice and only rotis of wheat,maize,corn or bajra.

i like rice with a tarka of mustard seeds,curry leaves &lots of dry fruits & a dash of lemon acompanied by curd, cocconut & chilli garlick chutnies:smitten:

I eat rice 3 times a day. I do not like Ruti or Porota. If mom makes Ruti for the family, she separately cooks rice for me...... I never get satisfaction after consuming Ruti, feels thirsty later...... There is a famous line ' bhaate (rice )machhe (fish) bangali '

our ex-Finance minister saifur rahman suffered heavy criticism after advising people to replace rice with potato from daily menu... Anyway its amazing such a tiny nation feeds 150 million people after giving up lands for habitation. We are blessed with fertile lands....

after watching this thread i just had rice with chicken wuddappu(andra style chilli chiken gravy) curd & pappad:chilli::chilli::chilli::chilli:

I am not a refugee, and I have never been to India.

But thanks for looking down on me based on my flag. Boy, we sure are hated by our neighbors and brethren :lol:

Flag is no big deal

our ex-Finance minister saifur rahman suffered heavy criticism after advising people to replace rice with potato from daily menu... Anyway its amazing such a tiny nation feeds 150 million people after giving up lands for habitation. We are blessed with fertile lands....

Chaifur Rahman! :lol:

Flag is no big deal

frustration.jpg

This thread made me hungry... its vegetables with lamb meat cooked at home.. meat everyday... :undecided:........ but still i love meat... specially lamb! :tup:

I can't say about dogs but I can tell you about my NE friend and that is they enjoy PIGS( especially illagelly migrant one from bangladesh)

So you eat humans? There's cannibalism in NE India? :blink:

Most people in Bangladesh have rice 3 times a day... others 2 times a day. :lol: And as for me i usually have rice at lunch and dinner but for breakfast have ruti/bread, but to be honest im good with anything, not very picky about my food.

@ Mythbuster : please stop derailing this thread, you can talk about illegal immigration somewhere else

So you eat humans? There's cannibalism in NE India? :blink:

Do you mean that immigrants from BD are Pigs( Citation needed )? By the way, which of your relative told you about that Northestern eat dogs?

Do you mean that immigrants from BD are Pigs( Citation needed )?

Awww...pigs are cute you know :D

pig_portrait_bp0304.jpg

BTW, most of them were in fact refugees from the 71 war.

By the way, which of your relative told you about that Northestern eat dogs?

I don;t understand what is the big hassle of having rice three times a day..

Like Bangladeshis, Bengalis in india too love rice..
And that too in different forms

Like Panta Bhaat, or muri (puffed rice)
As Zabaniya said South Asia is extremely diverse in terms of cultures..

In some North-Eastern states I have heard that dogs are eaten ..
Again , the food habit of tribes in Arunachalis might amaze a lot of people

The greatness of this place is the diversity of cultures, the appreciation and tolerance of those cultures and respect for each other

Yes we do , not only dog but anything that moves ,from beetles , birds, deer etc etc.. might sound abhorrent to you and other Indian members but that is the fact..:cool:

Your countrymen.

D'oh!

:rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom