What's new

Bangladesh and India to permanently resolve all border disputes

Mohashoyer mukher madhur kotha shune to tahakeo dusta bolei bodh hochchhe!

"Are bhai Abir babu, egulo border phoder diye ki hobe, chole ashen na amader shonge ? ekshate mile meshe thakbo. Thokhon ar keo pakistan-fakistan korbe na":victory::victory::victory::victory:

Are akmal babu,sab desher theke mahan amar hindusthan!...ei tan ki kore vuli amra bolun toh...peacefull co-existence is possible even as seperate entities,who loves all this gola-guli,eh?..at the end of the day,apnio sakale uthe ruji rozkarer jonno kaje jan,amrao jai..ei sab neta guloi jali!

Are akmal babu,sab desher theke mahan amar hindusthan!...ei tan ki kore vuli amra bolun toh...peacefull co-existence is possible even as seperate entities,who loves all this gola-guli,eh?..at the end of the day,apnio sakale uthe ruji rozkarer jonno kaje jan,amrao jai..ei sab neta guloi jali!

Yes you got a point there. Hindu Stan.. :coffee:

Well,yes.but remember,this name was given to my land by foreigners who came to india.even during akbar's rule and in his court,the land was called such.rings a bell?

Hindustan is a geographical term.

Like Jako said, peaceful coexistence is always possible, though it seems quite unlikely with Pakistan in near future but that should not be the case with BD.

If it is so, then why your BSF is killing every after alternate day 2/3 innocent people in the border areas. Have you forgotten the inccident of Boroibari ? Do you know how many BSF died in that inccident ?
You know, only 16/17 people died there. But the fact is, it is around 400 to 500 ? Go and find out from the Central Intelligence of India .

Yeah yeah,same old crap.but its time to move on.as i said before goi is trying hard to resolve all border issues with bd,as is evident with the tin bigha corridor.common men in India have no hard feelings for their counterparts in bd.it is just a few of you with your hindu phobia that provoke some of my fellow citizens.

yes it will..if you want we can also offer Delhi , Mumbai ,hyderabad and ahmedabad..what say ?? you see all of them have high no. of illegal BD immigrants. :rolleyes:

Lately Bangladeshi labrours have been seen around Haryana and Punjab farms during panjiri season. They are infesting our country with huge numbers. Bihari's are slowly being replaced by Bangladeshi illigal immigrants. Seems the BSF had slowed toned down on it's target practice sessions :undecided:

Lately Bangladeshi labrours have been seen around Haryana and Punjab farms during panjiri season. They are infesting our country with huge numbers. Bihari's are slowly being replaced by Bangladeshi illigal immigrants. Seems the BSF had slowed toned down on it's target practice sessions :undecided:

Bangladesh ahead of India, Nepal

Sunday, July 25, 2010
Fighting Poverty
Bangladesh ahead of India, Nepal
Rejaul Karim

Bangladesh has scored better than India and Nepal in UNDP's Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) of five South Asian countries.

Among 104 countries, Bangladesh ranked 73. India ranked 74, Nepal 82, Pakistan 70, Sri Lanka 32 in the MPI released on July 15.

The 10 indicators in MPI are grouped into three equally weighted dimensions--health (child mortality and nutrition), education (years of schooling and child enrolment), and standard of living (electricity, drinking water, sanitation, flooring, cooking fuel, and assets).

The Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) of Oxford University and the Human Development Report Office of UNDP jointly prepared the MPI.

On Bangladesh, the report finds that 57.8 percent of its population were deprived of at least 30 percent of the set of 10 indicators in MPI, and on an average they were deprived of 50.4 percent of the indicators.

In terms of human lives, South Asia has the highest level of poverty in the world.

In Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Nepal, the poor are deprived in case of more than half of the indicators on an average. In India, Bangladesh and Nepal deprivation in living standard is the highest contributor to poverty followed by health and education.

In education, Bangladesh is much better than India, Pakistan and Nepal. Only nine percent people of poor households have their children not attending schools in Bangladesh.

In South Asia, only Sri Lanka is ahead of Bangladesh on the education dimension, and on the health dimension Bangladesh is better than India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

The MPI is based on statistics collected from different countries for different years. In case of Bangladesh, it was prepared on the basis of statistics of 2007, and it was compared with that of 2004.

The World Bank's (WB) senior economist Zahid Hossain said inspired by the work of Nobel Laureate economist Amartya Sen, the MPI was prepared. Sen has argued convincingly for a multidimensional approach to poverty as well as development.

Zahid also said MPI is not comparable with poverty assessment based on the Cost of Basic Needs (CBN) method, the $1.25 a day criteria or the Human Development Index and the Human Poverty

Then why do i still see huge quantity of Bangladeshi illigal immigrants in and around my states. I'm a Farmer, my family hires them in 50 to 80 every year for panjiri season. I haven't seen any Bihari labourers anymore coming to my farmland. They work for half the rate of what we used to pay the Bihari labourers.

If they can come all the way to Haryana and Punjab for work. Imagine the numbers of them in other Indian States.

Back
Top Bottom