What's new

Bangladesh and India to permanently resolve all border disputes

Then why do i still see huge quantity of Bangladeshi illigal immigrants in and around my states. I'm a Farmer, my family hires them in 50 to 80 every year for panjiri season. I haven't seen any Bihari labourers anymore coming to my farmland. They work for half the rate of what we used to pay the Bihari labourers.

If they can come all the way to Haryana and Punjab for work. Imagine the numbers of them in other Indian States.

Hey farmer bro, you're making quite a profit there! :D Hiring bengali speaking workers just because that will save you some $$$ and then ranting about these same workers in online forums is not a good habit, is it bro? Pay twice the amount you pay now, and you get a farm full of bihari laborers. Win-win situation for you the patriot & bihari laborers previously ditched by patriots.

However, I should let you know that hiring bengali speaking workers does not make you any less patriot (as you might have thought), but I can see how the issue arises when the worker is both a bengali and a muslim. :P

If it is so, then why your BSF is killing every after alternate day 2/3 innocent people in the border areas. Have you forgotten the inccident of Boroibari ? Do you know how many BSF died in that inccident ?
You know, only 16/17 people died there. But the fact is, it is around 400 to 500 ? Go and find out from the Central Intelligence of India .
because democracy is for the people and by the bsf...u have to learn democracy from Indian friends.u r still kid..c how well awami league is learning and practicing...

wow never heard of it.....any way i think u should get the Nobel prize for your kindness..being a farmer u r hiring poor farmers from bd.that's great

Hey farmer bro, you're making quite a profit there! :D Hiring bengali speaking workers just because that will save you some $$$ and then ranting about these same workers in online forums is not a good habit, is it bro? Pay twice the amount you pay now, and you get a farm full of bihari laborers. Win-win situation for you the patriot & bihari laborers previously ditched by patriots.
It's not about $$$ in our business, whoever shows up before the time of harvesting with group who would commit to the job handed to them are welcomed regardless of there race, color or ethnicity.

However, I should let you know that hiring bengali speaking workers does not make you any less patriot (as you might have thought), but I can see how the issue arises when the worker is both a bengali and a muslim. :P
Farmers are usually battling the weather more than any other element. We cannot be stubborn, racist due to our abundant resources are at risk of being staled just because one chose to be selfish about particular race. There is a reason why we are very successful at being the bread basket of India. We don't discriminate against hardworking people.

The point i was trying to make was about large quantity of illigal Bangladesi's showing up in my countryside at alarming rate. They are at risk of being harassed by Bihari's who usually earn there money through this domestic powerhouse. So, two different labour unions are at danger of being at conflict with each other at one job site. Tempers flare up from unemployed Bihari labourers who would resort to extorting and harassing Bangladeshi's poor labourers far away from home.

Do your own assessment, instead of ranting about what i should and what we Farmers shouldn't do. Farmer are up against time and extreme elements which we cannot take chance of picking who we should or shouldn't hire.

wow never heard of it.....any way i think u should get the Nobel prize for your kindness..being a farmer u r hiring poor farmers from bd.that's great

They'r laborers my innocent little friend.:pop:

Last edited:
Dhaka, Delhi erect fences on border

DHAKA: Bangladesh and India have begun setting up fences within 150 yards of the zero line along the international border .

The exercise, which is on for some months now, marks a deviation from the Indo-Bangladesh Boundary Agreement 1974 that restricts any construction within 150 yards of the zero line.

"It is essentially addressing the needs of both too," The Daily Star newspaper said Monday and added that the move marked "thawing of thorny border ties".

Bangladesh has allowed India to erect fences at a dozen new places and India recently began construction.

In return, India allowed Bangladesh to construct structures within 150 yards of the zero line at 11 points.

The initiative came from India early last year. It had been seeking to erect such fences within 150 yards of the zero line at 46 places.

Bangladesh's border guard chief, Maj.Gen. Rafiqul Islam, told the newspaper Sunday: "As we have agreed to the Indian proposal, India is also reciprocating by allowing Bangladesh to construct a bridge in Laxmipur, expansion of a wall in Hili, construction of approach roads in Moulvibazar and Bhomra, and several other initiatives."

"Our mutual agreement has created a very positive environment. Both countries are now willing to resolve long standing minor issues," he said.

The border fencing by India to prevent smuggling of humans, cattle, drugs and arms has been a prickly issue in bilateral relations.

The official said India had been allowed to carry out fencing after surveys had been conducted.

"We are continuing such surveys to see if accepting the Indian proposal will affect Bangladesh adversely in anyway," the official said.

He made it clear that both countries are constructing the structures within their own boundaries.

India has so far fenced 3,300 km of the border beyond the 150 yard zone within its own territory in line with the boundary agreement.

Dhaka, Delhi erect fences on border - The Economic Times

Well if u see the size of dispute then it is quite a small portion of land

I am pretty confident that with continued warming of Indo Bangla relations this little issue can be solved
Both sides hold 3000 acres of land claimed by the other , i think that we should just exchange these territories and be done with it

It's not about $$$ in our business, whoever shows up before the time of harvesting with group who would commit to the job handed to them are welcomed regardless of there race, color or ethnicity.

Farmers are usually battling the weather more than any other element. We cannot be stubborn, racist due to our abundant resources are at risk of being staled just because one chose to be selfish about particular race. There is a reason why we are very successful at being the bread basket of India. We don't discriminate against hardworking people.

The point i was trying to make was about large quantity of illigal Bangladesi's showing up in my countryside at alarming rate. They are at risk of being harassed by Bihari's who usually earn there money through this domestic powerhouse. So, two different labour unions are at danger of being at conflict with each other at one job site. Tempers flare up from unemployed Bihari labourers who would resort to extorting and harassing Bangladeshi's poor labourers far away from home.

Do your own assessment, instead of ranting about what i should and what we Farmers shouldn't do. Farmer are up against time and extreme elements which we cannot take chance of picking who we should or shouldn't hire.

Lol. You have written this big piece of BS just to win the argument?

So let me summarize your points:

- Farming is not about the money. I am a farmer because I love the soil, nature and fellow animals.

- Farmers are hard workers and good people. We set aside nationalism, believing all farmers are one nation. Bengali workers are very hardworking and makes our job easier.

- I care about Bengali workers. So much that I fear my bihari brothers are jealous we the farming bosses are giving away all the jobs to them. Now bihari brothers are out to get them.

- Some farming wisdom to end with.

Well farmer bro, I just made your job easier. Let us know if you are able to take good care of Bengalis. If not, the BS Fs are always there to push-in the poorest bunch into the Land of Bengalis. ;)

Lol. You have written this big piece of BS just to win the argument?

So let me summarize your points:

- Farming is not about the money. I am a farmer because I love the soil, nature and fellow animals.

- Farmers are hard workers and good people. We set aside nationalism, believing all farmers are one nation. Bengali workers are very hardworking and makes our job easier.

- I care about Bengali workers. So much that I fear my bihari brothers are jealous we the farming bosses are giving away all the jobs to them. Now bihari brothers are out to get them.

- Some farming wisdom to end with.

Well farmer bro, I just made your job easier. Let us know if you are able to take good care of Bengalis. If not, the BS Fs are always there to push-in the poorest bunch into the Land of Bengalis. ;)
Don't disrespect the hand that feeds your poor bangladeshi peasants family.

Your gibberish is nothing but a poor attempt to save your fellow members a&& from being owned in an argument. So, save it for the kids from the Kindergarten school.:pop:

Your gibberish is nothing but a poor attempt to save your fellow members a&& from being owned in an argument. So, save it for the kids from the Kindergarten school.:pop:

Ya right.. Punjabis?? Try to make friends with your fellow Indian first then come to Bangladesh.. Not a single of my Indians friend could ever tolerate Punjabis in my University :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And keep on farming..

Last edited:

Another warrior looking for respect on the Internet ! For the nth time, show some evidence about presence of BD people in India.

US Border Patrol or ICE can show how many illegal Immigrant they send back. Show some credible sources for heavens sake !

Else, forever hold your peace !!

Last edited:
Another warrior looking for respect on the Internet ! For the nth time, show some evidence about presence of BD people in India.

US Border Patrol or ICE can show how many illegal Immigrant they send back. Show some credible sources for heavens sake !

Else, forever hold your peace !!

By the estimates of these Indians, there are no less than 200 million BD people in their land of honey and milk. So, what their brave BSF are doing? May be they are cutting grasses to feed the cows the Indians want to sell to us. Some Indians are pathetically shameless. They should see the news below:

Bangladesh ahead of India, Nepal

Fighting Poverty
Rejaul Karim Byron

Bangladesh has scored better than India and Nepal in UNDP's Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) of five South Asian countries.

Among 104 countries, Bangladesh ranked 73. India ranked 74, Nepal 82, Pakistan 70, Sri Lanka 32 in the MPI released on July 15.

The 10 indicators in MPI are grouped into three equally weighted dimensions--health (child mortality and nutrition), education (years of schooling and child enrolment), and standard of living (electricity, drinking water, sanitation, flooring, cooking fuel, and assets).

The Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) of Oxford University and the Human Development Report Office of UNDP jointly prepared the MPI.

On Bangladesh, the report finds that 57.8 percent of its population were deprived of at least 30 percent of the set of 10 indicators in MPI, and on an average they were deprived of 50.4 percent of the indicators.

In terms of human lives, South Asia has the highest level of poverty in the world.

In Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Nepal, the poor are deprived in case of more than half of the indicators on an average. In India, Bangladesh and Nepal deprivation in living standard is the highest contributor to poverty followed by health and education.

In education, Bangladesh is much better than India, Pakistan and Nepal. Only nine percent people of poor households have their children not attending schools in Bangladesh.

In South Asia, only Sri Lanka is ahead of Bangladesh on the education dimension, and on the health dimension Bangladesh is better than India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

The MPI is based on statistics collected from different countries for different years. In case of Bangladesh, it was prepared on the basis of statistics of 2007, and it was compared with that of 2004.

The World Bank's (WB) senior economist Zahid Hossain said inspired by the work of Nobel Laureate economist Amartya Sen, the MPI was prepared. Sen has argued convincingly for a multidimensional approach to poverty as well as development.

Zahid also said MPI is not comparable with poverty assessment based on the Cost of Basic Needs (CBN) method, the $1.25 a day criteria or the Human Development Index and the Human Poverty Index.

By the estimates of these Indians, there are no less than 200 million BD people in their land of honey and milk. So, what their brave BSF are doing? May be they are cutting grasses to feed the cows the Indians want to sell to us. Some Indians are pathetically shameless. They should see the news below:

Fighting Poverty
Rejaul Karim Byron

Bangladesh has scored better than India and Nepal in UNDP's Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) of five South Asian countries.

You should look at the Hunger Index as well of the land of Milk and Honey which scored at the bottom of the ranking and that is 21st among 28 vulnerable countries. Milk and Honey land needs another 83 years to achieve the goal to reduce the hunger to a acceptable level. Shining and Shining..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bangladesh betters on hunger challenge
Bangladesh has ranked sixth in combating hunger among 28 vulnerable countries this year, an ActionAid International study said.

The country -- this year's most successful in reducing hunger rate among the south Asian countries -- was in the 13th spot last year. Brazil, China, Vietnam, Malawi and Ghana are the top rankers in this year's scorecard for tackling hunger.

The study, however, said that Bangladesh has one of the highest rates of underweight children and does not have sufficient food to feed almost half its population.

Marking the World Food Day, ActionAid International published the scorecard in its UK based research titled "Who is Really Fighting Hunger". The ranking is decided on criteria such as hunger trends, legal framework, smallholder agriculture, social safety and gender equity.

Scoring 44 points, three points more than the last year, Bangladesh stands high above its neighbours Nepal (14th), India (21st) and Pakistan (25th) in the global scorecard.

"Bangladesh's rank reflects the progress it has made in reducing hunger from 36 percent to 26 percent since 1990," said the research.

The study, however, warned that Bangladesh has chances to lose the trend of hunger reduction, the primary Millennium Development Goal (MDG), due to the impact of food and financial crisis.

"Around 65.3 million Bangladeshis still do not have enough food. In addition to this, the rate of underweight children is the highest in South Asia and one of the highest in the world," the study revealed.

It mentioned that the country's food production would fall by 3.9 percent every year due to climate change.

It lauded the government for the budgetary allocations for the absolute poor through extended safety net programmes that partly cover nutrition, subsidised food and employment programmes.

Terming land a critical issue, the report suggested wide scale introduction of sustainable agriculture and land reform.

India, an emerging country in the world economy, ranked 21st in the ActionAid scorecard.

Nearly a quarter the world's starving population live in India with the number of the hungry increased by 53 million between 1990 and 2005, the report said, predicting that the country would not be able to half this hunger rate before 2083 -- nearly 70 years after the MDG target date.

The Democratic Republic of Congo, Burundi, Sierra Leone, Lesotho and Pakistan are the worst achievers in the hunger reduction chart.

Pakistan is reeling from massive floods. Its food situation continues to look deteriorating and the country is in need of a comprehensive system of social protection, the report said.

ActionAid called on the nations to increase investment in agriculture and smallholder farming at the national and international levels.

The United Nations will hold a summit next week on the Millennium Development Goals
Bangladesh betters on hunger challenge

Back
Top Bottom