What's new

Bangladesh army in business of running taxi

Well, I don't know what to say. Army running taxi business is pretty much weird, as it's the government job not the army & when you talk about that the business will be secure and run in a manner all can wish you guys all the best. :yahoo::cheers:
If Pakistan army can run Ata-Maida business then why BD army can't go for taxi? :D

Well, I don't know what to say. Army running taxi business is pretty much weird, as it's the government job not the army & when you talk about that the business will be secure and run in a manner all can wish you guys all the best. :yahoo::cheers:
more like a welfare progrm from retired soldiers that's run by the army.... the profit is used to fund the program and pay off retired soldiers

This is under army welfare trust. There is nothing wrong. Thry own bank, pepsi plants, cinema hall and many ventures for ages.

more like a welfare progrm from retired soldiers that's run by the army.... the profit is used to fund the program and pay off retired soldiers
Cool :enjoy:

If Pakistan army can run Ata-Maida business then why BD army can't go for taxi? :D
Any source of ata-maida business? :sarcastic: well i'm not making joke about the army of bd :)

It's been 3/4 years since that article was made, can anyone show me how far this initiative has gone?

It's been 3/4 years since that article was made, can anyone show me how far this initiative has gone?
can't show you much... but on my last trip to bd two years back.... i did see these taxis with the drivers... i think there are non ex drivers too... as seen by the discipline of one guy... though not bad... it's not military like.... the other one i assume was a sepoy.... they have a emblem embossed on the taxi to identify it from the others....

can't show you much... but on my last trip to bd two years back.... i did see these taxis with the drivers... i think there are non ex drivers too... as seen by the discipline of one guy... though not bad... it's not military like.... the other one i assume was a sepoy.... they have a emblem embossed on the taxi to identify it from the others....
Yellow Cabs under the AWT and Toma Group have actually retained something resembling their initial standards. The taxis aren't run down or dirty...Air Cons work and the drivers aren't straight off the streets.

Thing is - Uber came in a couple of months ago and has given them a much needed kick up the backside (I am pleased with this). Rates with Uber are cheaper and there is obviously no price haggling + the best bit...'Na mama oidik jaabo na' - is no longer something you have to put up with.

I give it another year - more people jumping Uber (drivers and passengers) and Yellow Cabs will really have to up their game (being more competitive in terms of pricing)

Yellow Cabs under the AWT and Toma Group have actually retained something resembling their initial standards. The taxis aren't run down or dirty...Air Cons work and the drivers aren't straight off the streets.

Thing is - Uber came in a couple of months ago and has given them a much needed kick up the backside (I am pleased with this). Rates with Uber are cheaper and there is obviously no price haggling + the best bit...'Na mama oidik jaabo na' - is no longer something you have to put up with.

I give it another year - more people jumping Uber (drivers and passengers) and Yellow Cabs will really have to up their game (being more competitive in terms of pricing)
there is uber in bd now?

in ukraine... their is a local uber like ride app and it's pretty cheap/....

there is uber in bd now?

in ukraine... their is a local uber like ride app and it's pretty cheap/....
Sure is....I've got 4 cabs within 5 mins of me, as we speak and it's 3AM local time :lol:

1eFXXzk.jpg

Difference my child is that Fauji Foundation is run by retired army officials and hire civilians for retired troops welfare.

Difference my child is that Fauji Foundation is run by retired army officials and hire civilians for retired troops welfare.

Eh capitalism is capitalism, if the army can fulfill the services and make some money then what's the problem I say.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom