What's new

Bangladesh, hub of medical studies in Asia

Do you know people,especially non Bangla in Tripura dump school and colleges that uses Bengali as medium of instruction?
Do u know no college in India can attract students from other state if it uses local medium to teach ?
If your Korea,Japan or China is one thing in Asia,foreigners aren't wasting their time learning Bengali,a language which has no softpower appeal or any use.
For comparison 21K Indian study MBBS in China,I got my cousin admitted in a college in China ,she learned Chinese on her own accord;usefulness and softpower appeal .The use of English is the primary reason South Asian nations has students studying across other south asian nations.
I do not think @Bilal9 proposed Bengali as the medium of instruction. He proposed basic Bengali as a subject for foreign students to be included in the curriculum. Indians are foreigners in Bangladesh the same as Nepali, Bhutani or Afghani students.

@Bilal9 is right about this. Every foreign student must learn Bengali so that they can communicate with locals. This is important because they usually stay here for about six years.

Why are you comparing Indian languages with Bengali in BD? It is an independent country with its own national language. Foreign students must be taught this. India's underdeveloped languages are no concern here because Bengali is very developed.

Last edited:
Bhutan was a piss poor nation with had no connection to outside back then,and was under semi embargo of India,they had no choice, recently they developed somewhat; taking some local tidbits is one thing but studying in a bangla is downright gross for many and uncomprehensible . Only some south Asian nations goes to Bangladesh to study medicine- the mention of Russia and China is very misleading ,they don't go to Bangladesh to study at all,Chinese and Russian has similar but cheaper option but of higher in quality.Only poor Indian /NEPALI study in Bangladesh ,other than few foreigners with absolutely free scholarship in the best university allocated for pisspoor from some other country outside south Asia .
"Some South Asian Countries"...well there are only 6 Countries here...nobody said Russians and Chinese come here to study...but you are correct poor Nepalis,Bhutanese,Pakistanis and Indians(like you) come here to study...nobody seems to find it gross or "incomprehensible" unless ofcourse they suffer from an identity crisis whether they neither have their own culture nor a country.

I do not think @Bilal9 proposed Bengali as the medium of instruction. He proposed basic Bengali as a subject for foreign students to be included in the curriculum. Indians are foreigners in Bangladesh the same as Nepali, Bhutani or Afghani students.

@Bilal9 is right about this. Every foreign student must learn Bengali so that they can communicate with locals. This is important because they usually stay here for about six years.

Why are you comparing Indian languages with Bengali in BD? It is an independent country with its own national language. Foreign students must be taught this. India's underdeveloped languages are no concern here because Bengali is very developed.
He mentioned
And classes should at least partly be taught in Bangladeshi Bengali.

People from Manipur or Punjab study mbbs in Karnataka for 6 years but whether they are from north or east none of them go on to speak or learn any local language, same case for foreigners studying therein.

Even in China,they don't really make it mandatory but provides an optional choice ,but most students comply on their own accord for free language classes,most girls partake in it to simply be able to better understand tv drama or webtoons.

Bangla language of Bangladesh is still Bangla might be altered version of W.Bengal version,more similar to that of Tripura,therein Tripura,Bangla medium are seen as backward by locals actually and not just by indigenous people but also the Bangladesh immigrants.Schools and colleges are rated from their fluency of the teaching staff in English.North-South iNDIAN don't have any affinity toward each other's language as they all vye for their own linguistic supremacy while denigrating one another and for East Indian( North East) they will honestly avoid any college with less than 100% English curriculum, like a plague.That's why I mentioned what I said.

"Some South Asian Countries"...well there are only 6 Countries here...nobody said Russians and Chinese come here to study...but you are correct poor Nepalis,Bhutanese,Pakistanis and Indians(like you) come here to study...nobody seems to find it gross or "incomprehensible" unless ofcourse they suffer from an identity crisis whether they neither have their own culture nor a country.
Every year many students from India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Pakistan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, China, Russia and some African nations get admitted to both public and private medical colleges in Bangladesh, which offer high yet affordable standards of education.
Russia is one of the alternatives for China,but even Russians flock to China,I've seen plenty in medical colleges,for China offers much higher quality education by now.
And you don't speak on behalf of anyone,I'm not superimposing my opinion,don't get your panties twisted,that's simply how non-South asians feels about any South Asian language,or anything south asia,zero softpower appeal and no practical use,simply too uncool/unattractive and weird for young students.Nobody's going to BD to sit through classes in Bangla language while struggling to construe anything.

Last edited:
Do you know people,especially non Bangla in Tripura dump school and colleges that uses Bengali as medium of instruction?
Do u know no college in India can attract students from other state if it uses local medium to teach ?
If your Korea,Japan or China is one thing in Asia,foreigners aren't wasting their time learning Bengali,a language which has no softpower appeal or any use.
For comparison 21K Indian study MBBS in China,I got my cousin admitted in a college in China ,she learned Chinese on her own accord;usefulness and softpower appeal .The use of English is the primary reason South Asian nations has students studying across other south asian nations.
Are you Indian?

Foreign students are source of income and the whole enterprise should be seen in purely commercial terms.

I do not see any need to force them to learn Bangla. Why put additional barriers in this sector. Let the lessons be in english which everyone in the region understand. Grow the sector in the way it best suits the customer.

Additional income flow in the education sector will increase quality of education overall and improve access for BD students as economies of scale kicks in. It will also in reduce BD brain drain, loss of foreign currency with BD students going abroad and will inevitably increase incountry academic research and development.

Back
Top Bottom