What's new

Bangladesh insurgents: Where did they acquire these lethal weapons from??

Raquib

Reaction score
I guess every1 knows the answer!!

4fd824e1cea429f37ad331e2a4efbbbc.jpg

f4f7b3760182da49adfcfef7797757b2.jpg

As far as I know these are "Anti-India" terrorists,who are fighting for "Independence".This isn't the first time we found M-16 from these people.But with grenade launcher probably for the first time.

Or probably drug runners.

Are these people from Indian separatist group or they are rouged chakma???

Hmm they dont look like rohingyas though.. Are there any other separatist group active in that region?
Also see this report
The Daily Ittefaq - March 22, 2009
Burmese soldiers fled their post to BD because they lost their rifle magzine. I am just confused about the overall situation in burmese army...

Hmm they dont look like rohingyas though.. Are there any other separatist group active in that region?
Also see this report
The Daily Ittefaq - March 22, 2009
Burmese soldiers fled their post to BD because they lost their rifle magzine. I am just confused about the overall situation in burmese army...

These are not those Burmese soldiers,as Burma does not use M-16,as far as I know.

Actually these weapons belong to Arakanese freedom fighters who are fighting with the Myanmarese military. They have received M-16s from gunrunners and through Thailand, a US ally.

In how many fronts burmese army are fighting. Are these arakanese different than rohiyngiya?:undecided:

Raquib should make it clear are these shanti bahini insurgents or Burmese insurgents? We all know Shanti bahini got their arms, training and money from India. But for some of Burmese (now Myanmar) insurgents arms, money and sponsorship came from India and RAW. Here is the admission from RAW's own big man B. Raman account.

A senior officer in RAW deputed to Bangkok in the 80s, made contact with Burmese underground leaders in the hope of gaining some information. Then this officer decided that the KIA could be beneficially used to channelise information. And RAW could aid them with money and arms. Having made contact, the idea was to get members of KIA into India for training and contact creation. After the controlling officer returned from Bangkok, infiltration of KIA cadres was started. They came as students, youths touring India and helpers, sent for training to Chakrata and other locations in north and north-east. Arms and other material began to filter through to camps in North Myanmar and this reached its peak in 1991-92. Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram provided exfiltration sites, while some material went via Bangkok. This was the post election period when Aung Sang Suu Kyi had won but was not allowed to take power by SLORC. [9] All this was stopped by Prime Minister Narasimha Rao, as part of his “Look East” policy.

Lahore Shooting, Covert Operations & RAW Spinners

But Indian army do use M-16.

Isnt it?

Still,I would like to go with Khalid Bhai's explanation.M-16 is widely used in Thailand.In India only special forces use M-16,same with Bangladesh.But in Thailand it is the standard issue as far as I know.

But they probably got these from gunrunners as Khalid bhai already suggested.Don't think any Indian connection in this particular case.

You people are only checking out the M16 .. But i think theres an Fn-Fal on the table too.

As far as I know these are "Anti-India" terrorists,who are fighting for "Independence".This isn't the first time we found M-16 from these people.But with grenade launcher probably for the first time.

Or probably drug runners.

Yes, you are right. SB insurgency is now on hold. This are anti-india
insurgent caught by the order of India by our COAS MUA.

Back
Top Bottom