What's new

Bangladesh Intelligence and RAW carry out joint operation in Dhaka

Nah,iajdani..we indians are busy developing our nations and feeding our family.;-).we dun know what are british!

and MR abir dont care about my nationality i or rather my whole ancestors were from india(purilia) can u care to elaboate which part of bangal do u guys come from and how long are u guys staying in india??

Dear Sir from purilia, I was born and brought up in Calcutta, if that makes a difference! :s

Well, here goes typical Ghoti mentality. You guys took WB back to stone ages. Anybody non Ghoti is welcome back in Bangladesh if they could tolerate the crowd :smitten::smitten:

LOL a BD asking a Non Ghoti to come back and then what??:rofl:

and we took bengal to stone ages??Calcutta once the smartest and biggest city in india is now considered a dying city..Isnt WB(CPM) a party of bangals??

Dear Sir from purilia, I was born and brought up in Calcutta, if that makes a difference! :s

:rofl::rofl:u were questioning my national identity and nw i got u into troubles,i would stop right here as i know where and when to stop an argument contrary to a typical Non ghoti..

:rofl::rofl:u were questioning my national identity and nw i got u into troubles,i would stop right here as i know where and when to stop an argument contrary to a typical Non ghoti..

You need to know how to type in proper English first.

Can anyone explain what is this "Ghoti Vs Bengali" fuss all about.? :what:

Can anyone explain what is this "Ghoti Vs Bengali" fuss all about.? :what:

Bangal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amongst the high-caste Bengali Hindus, "Bangal" and "Ghoti" are used as social sub-groups. Those whose families came from East Bengal at the time of Partition are Bangals and those whose families were staying in West Bengal at that time are Ghotis.Similarly the people who came West Bengal from East Bengal Before the Independence of India,1947 are also known as Ghotis as they were staying in West Bengal, India at the time of Independence. The term as used here has little relation to actual geography, since most members of these groups all now live in India. Historically, in addition to marrying within their castes, people from these groups also preferred to marry within the group, whether Bangal or Ghoti.

Bangals and Ghotis keep up their cultural rivalry through their respective support of the football clubs East Bengal (Bangals) and Mohun Bagan (Ghotis). They also cherish a rivalry through claim of supremacy of their respective cuisines and especially river-food delicacies, i. e., Chingri (prawn) for Ghotis and Ilish (hilsa) for Bangals.

Back
Top Bottom