What's new

Bangladesh interested in FC-1 fighter & K-8 Trainer

Sonic The Best

New Recruit

Reaction score

16 - FC-1 jets

12 - K-8 Trainers

Earlier Bangladesh tried to buy F-7BG jets but currently F-7BG jets not available for export.

China promotes FC-1 fighter & K-8 Trainer to Bangladesh.

Deal expected to be reached in 2011

Last edited:
FC-1 Fighter

fc1_04_2.jpg

K-8 Trainer

k8_6325.jpg

16 - FC-1 jets

12 - K-8 Trainers

Earlier Bangladesh tried to buy F-7BG jets but currently F-7BG jets not available for export.

China promotes FC-1 fighter & K-8 Trainer to Bangladesh.

Deal expected to be reached in 2011

Where is the source ????????

This news is almost 7 years old. When you google the topic, it links you to different forums where it was posted in March, 2004 !!!

for the bangladeshi members those have watched anirban must have notice they have told we are getting f-7 overhauling in bangladesh .which may suggest we are still stick to f-7 type fighter no replacement is planed .

I have also read in some other forum that Bangladesh has already decided to purchase a few squadrons of fighters. They are not even mig-29, but are F-7. Posters there were lamenting the decision. However, I think the matter has not yet been finalized and our airforce people will scrutinize all the potential fighters before coming to finalize a decision.

Last edited:
I have also read in some other forum that Bangladesh has already decided to purchase a few squadrons of fighters. They are not even mig-29, but are F-7. Posters there were lamenting the decision. However, I think the matter has not yet been finalized and our airforce people will scrutinize all the potential fighters before coming to finalize a decision.

why not to get some used F-7s (perhaps ones retired by PAF or even PLAAF) and get them further upgraded, It will be a much more economical option

Awami League hates F-7s.
I think they are weighing about J-10 or Migs or Su-30

The best aircraft for Bangladesh to buy is F-16, JF-17, LCA or Su-30s.

Bangladesh does not have big airspace, hence single engine multi role fighter with BVR is the best option, like F-16 blk-52 or marriage 2k etc.

Back
Top Bottom